Start by marking “Summer Pleasures” as Want to Read:
Summer Pleasures

Summer Pleasures (Celebrity Magazine #1-2)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  3,152 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
They were talented, ambitious women with exciting careers...But a single, spectacular summer would explode their tidy worlds.

Second Nature (1986)
Wangling an exclusive with notoriously reclusive Hunter Brown was a real coup for Celebrity magazine reporter Lee Radcliffe. But alone on a camping trip with the seductively mysterious author, she discovered it was Hunter she w
Published August 1st 2002 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Pleasures

Audel
Mar 28, 2014 Audel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce roman nous raconte l’histoire de deux amies : lenore et Bryan. Pour se faire le livre est divisé en deux parties chacune consacrée à l’une des deux amies.
Ainsi, c’est Lenore qui ouvre le feu. L’auteure se concentre ici sur les prémices de la relation amoureuse. L’intrigue se déroule sur quelques semaines durant lesquels Lenore et Hunter vont faire connaissance. On assiste à l’évolution de leurs sentiments : d’abord simple attirance physique puis profond attachement émotionnel.
On retrouve les
Jenn
Feb 26, 2013 Jenn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
oh Nora, what happened?
I understand that you have a system, and that the system works. But can't you mix it up a bit? I've just finished the first "book" in this and I've never wanted to slap a man so badly. If you've read of these types of books, you've read them all so I don't feel I’m giving anything away when I tell you the "plotline" : Girl meets boy, boy is mean, girl works on boy and finds he's really just a teddy bear. Boy changes and becomes nicer for girl or risks losing her. Both live
Judy
Jun 29, 2011 Judy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book was a compilation of two of Roberts' earlier romance novels. While they lack the mystery, suspense elements that are a part of her later novels, they are still well written and enjoyable. Both novels deal with women who work for Celebrity magazine, one as a reporter and one as a photographer. They both experience life-changing summers.
Jazzypom
Aug 06, 2008 Jazzypom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a twofer, about a reporter and a photographer who work for Celebrity, a magazine in the same breath as Harper's Bazar or Vanity Fair - with slick writing, high gloss pictures, and more celebrities that you can throw a stick at.

I didn't like the first story much Second Nature, what with Hunter and Lee, because well... I guess I should tell you the plot first.

Lee is desperate to interview Hunter Brown. Brown is a horror writer, in the likes of Stephen King territory, and doesn't do in
Leane
Apr 09, 2011 Leane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
Now, I am a Nora Roberts fan, so I picked up this book duo for some light reading over the summer. It was horrible!! The first story, "Second Nature" is absolutely ridiculous. I hated Hunter's character and thought he was definitely more creepy than romantic. If I were Lee, I would have thought for sure he was going to rape me. I mean, what kind of woman agrees to go on a two week camping trip with a man she barely knows but knows wants to sleep with her in the Arizonian desert? It's a miracle s ...more
Natalia Miranda
Nov 15, 2011 Natalia Miranda rated it really liked it
Summer pleasure is definitely recommended for adults!
it has a lot of sexual parts where it gets too intense for younger teenagers to read!
its a very passionate story, where two couples end up falling endless in love with their soul mates, but total opposite attracts!
1) a reporter meets the famous author brown who doesn't have not one single picture of himself anywhere!
Him and the reporter make an agreement and go camping together in order for her to get her info about him for her job and conve
Maria
Aug 06, 2009 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A joy to read. Both books revolve around two friends that work for the same glossy magazine, Celebrity. One as a journalist and the other as a photographer. In One summer you meet Bryan and Shade. Bryan seems to be the epiphany of a Californian laid back beach girl and Shade is a very organized loner. They get an assignment where they should travel through America and document the summer.

The other book, Second nature, deals with Lenore and Hunter. Lenore is a journalist that can give her right a
Cara
Sep 25, 2012 Cara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Second nature. Well I liked it better than One Summer. It wasn't my favorite of Nora Roberts. But I liked the camping backdrop and Hunter's relationship with his daughter and sister.

One Summer had potential to be good but it was missing something. I liked both characters but the story was slow even though I liked the backdrop of traveling. It didn't captivate. And really I kept waiting for hot darkroom sex and then nothing. Sweet but eh.
Bonnie Staughton
Feb 18, 2014 Bonnie Staughton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Summer Pleasures" was another "hard to put down" book for me. There are actually 2 stories in this book but they are related as the 2 females in these books both worked together, are friends and meet up for a visit in the 2nd story. One is a reporter "on the rise" at "Celebrity" magazine and the other is a photographer of celebrities at the magazine. Both ladies "take a risk" to further their careers and unexpectedly find the men of their dreams. I enjoyed both stories equally.
Maria
Sep 26, 2009 Maria rated it really liked it
Both books in this edition are about the creative process, the first about writing and the second about photography. Although I found both interesting, the description of the terrain, the unbelievably beautiful parts of our country that Ms. Roberts captures so tellingly, was what caught and held my attention. It made me realize that we have so much here to explore. Why go anywhere else?
Cheryl
Jul 11, 2011 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is fascinating to try to figure out why this author is so popular. Better writers exist by the thousands. The answer, in my view, is that, like Steven King, she provides a deeply satisfying emotional arc, and a descent sense of place.
Maryann
Jul 31, 2009 Maryann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the last book more than the first. I loved Shade's sense of humor. It was a great story with wonderful characters. Roberts did a great job with the descriptions in regards to a photographer's point of view.
Amar
Mar 07, 2009 Amar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book about Hunter and Lee was decent but when compared to the second book, with Bryan and Shade, it really pales in comparison...really liked both of them as people and how well matched they were. Loved their chemistry...
Susan
Jun 06, 2009 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light fun read. Certainly not a challenge, but a good summer beach book.
Kellie
Aug 09, 2011 Kellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, light read.
Jenna Peters
Nice easy reading. Good love stories.
Diane
Nov 04, 2011 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun reads-I love that they are connected stories.
Christine Anna  Kirchoff
I read this awhile ago but forgot to post it here. Good book!
Vika
Dec 14, 2009 Vika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Summer Read!
Tiffany
I always enjoy Nora Roberts, no matter what it is.
Holly
Aug 17, 2011 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love anything Nora Roberts
Adrianna Kowalska
Jan 19, 2017 Adrianna Kowalska rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ogólnie nie znałam wcześniej twórczości Nory Roberts, więc spotkanie z „Letnimi rozkoszami” to mój debiut tej kwestii. Z tego, co dowiedziałam się z zagranicznych portali książkowych to „Wywiad życia” oraz „Pewnego lata” należą do mini serii „The Celebrity Magazine”. Przy tych dwóch powieściach chciałam się po prostu zrelaksować, ponieważ w momencie, gdy je czytałam nie czułam się na zmierzenie się z czymś ambitniejszym.
Poznajemy na początku jego, czyli Huntera Browna, który jest autorem bestse
Tami
May 17, 2017 Tami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blast from the past

It's interesting to go back when photos were still shot on film and books were still written on typewriters. The characters are still people who laugh and cry and occasionally yell.
Zara
Another good read.
Maura
Cyrisse
Apr 24, 2008 Cyrisse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Second Nature

Lee Radcliffe is a reporter for a celebrity magazine and she's determined to find Hunter Brown, a famous author, and interview him. Hunter is very reclusive and no one knows where he lives or anything about his personal life, which only adds to the determination that Lee find him. She learns that he will be a guest speaker at a writer's convention in Flagstaff, Arizona and she goes to try to finagle a meeting. Little does she know that he was the man in the lobby she spoke with and
Eden Mengistu
Feb 16, 2017 Eden Mengistu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was my first NR book and it introduced me to her fabulous.
Miriancita
Feb 16, 2017 Miriancita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Sus desenlaces son demasiado apresurados.
Julie Barrett
Feb 27, 2014 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
summer pleasures by Nora Roberts
This book contains two of the author's works.
Second Nature
Lee Radcliffe was determined to meet and question Hunter Brown and work was paying for her to go to the writers conference in Flagstaff, AZ. He's an award winning writer and she can't understand how others can read what he writes and keep going for more of his thrillers. She hopes to meet up with him there.
Hunter is there to pick her up and very attracted to her upon sight. Love the talk of the area, the n
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine edition 2 13 Apr 09, 2014 12:54AM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Bump in the Night (In Death, #22.5)
  • Texans at Heart
  • Simply Sensual (Simply, #3)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Everlasting Love
  • A Heart to Mend
  • Finding Home
  • Once Upon a Pillow
  • The Secret (Paranormal Series I, #3)
  • Finders Keepers
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • Time Treasure
  • Summer Sanctuary
  • Sand in My Eyes
  • Listen to Your Heart
More about Nora Roberts...

Celebrity Magazine (2 books)
  • Second Nature (Celebrity Magazine, #1)
  • One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)

“She fell silent, remembering the jolt of envy and longing she’d felt when she’d framed the Browns in her viewfinder. Now, weeks and miles later, it was another jolt for Bryan to realize she hadn’t brushed off the peculiar feeling. She has managed to put it aside, somewhere to the back of her mind, but it popped out again now as she thought of the couple in the bleachers of a small-town park.

Family, cohesion. Bonding. Did some people just keep promises better than others? she wondered. Or where some people simply unable to blend their lives with someone’s else, make those adjustments, the compromises?

When she looked back, she believed both she and Rob had tried, but in their own ways. There’d been no meeting of the minds, but two separate thought patterns making decisions that never melded with each other. Did that mean that a successful marriage depended on the mating of two people who thought along the same lines?

With a sigh, she turned onto the highway that would lead them into Tennessee. If it was true, she decided, she was much better off single. Though she’d met a great many people she liked and could have fun with, she’d never met anyone who thought the way she did. Especially the man seated next to her with his nose already buried in the newspaper. There alone they were radically different.”
For more quotes visit my blog: frommybooks.wordpress.com”
2 likes