Start by marking “Summer Pleasures” as Want to Read:
Summer Pleasures

Summer Pleasures (Celebrity Magazine #1-2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  2,556 ratings  ·  73 reviews
They were talented, ambitious women with exciting careers...But a single, spectacular summer would explode their tidy worlds.

Second Nature (1986)
Wangling an exclusive with notoriously reclusive Hunter Brown was a real coup for Celebrity magazine reporter Lee Radcliffe. But alone on a camping trip with the seductively mysterious author, she discovered it was Hunter she wa
Published August 1st 2002 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Pleasures

Audel
Ce roman nous raconte l’histoire de deux amies : lenore et Bryan. Pour se faire le livre est divisé en deux parties chacune consacrée à l’une des deux amies.
Ainsi, c’est Lenore qui ouvre le feu. L’auteure se concentre ici sur les prémices de la relation amoureuse. L’intrigue se déroule sur quelques semaines durant lesquels Lenore et Hunter vont faire connaissance. On assiste à l’évolution de leurs sentiments : d’abord simple attirance physique puis profond attachement émotionnel.
On retrouve les
Natalia Miranda
Summer pleasure is definitely recommended for adults!
it has a lot of sexual parts where it gets too intense for younger teenagers to read!
its a very passionate story, where two couples end up falling endless in love with their soul mates, but total opposite attracts!
1) a reporter meets the famous author brown who doesn't have not one single picture of himself anywhere!
Him and the reporter make an agreement and go camping together in order for her to get her info about him for her job and conve
Jenn
oh Nora, what happened?
I understand that you have a system, and that the system works. But can't you mix it up a bit? I've just finished the first "book" in this and I've never wanted to slap a man so badly. If you've read of these types of books, you've read them all so I don't feel I’m giving anything away when I tell you the "plotline" : Girl meets boy, boy is mean, girl works on boy and finds he's really just a teddy bear. Boy changes and becomes nicer for girl or risks losing her. Both live
Jazzypom
This book is a twofer, about a reporter and a photographer who work for Celebrity, a magazine in the same breath as Harper's Bazar or Vanity Fair - with slick writing, high gloss pictures, and more celebrities that you can throw a stick at.

I didn't like the first story much Second Nature, what with Hunter and Lee, because well... I guess I should tell you the plot first.

Lee is desperate to interview Hunter Brown. Brown is a horror writer, in the likes of Stephen King territory, and doesn't do in
Leane
Now, I am a Nora Roberts fan, so I picked up this book duo for some light reading over the summer. It was horrible!! The first story, "Second Nature" is absolutely ridiculous. I hated Hunter's character and thought he was definitely more creepy than romantic. If I were Lee, I would have thought for sure he was going to rape me. I mean, what kind of woman agrees to go on a two week camping trip with a man she barely knows but knows wants to sleep with her in the Arizonian desert? It's a miracle s ...more
Maria
A joy to read. Both books revolve around two friends that work for the same glossy magazine, Celebrity. One as a journalist and the other as a photographer. In One summer you meet Bryan and Shade. Bryan seems to be the epiphany of a Californian laid back beach girl and Shade is a very organized loner. They get an assignment where they should travel through America and document the summer.

The other book, Second nature, deals with Lenore and Hunter. Lenore is a journalist that can give her right a
Julie Barrett
summer pleasures by Nora Roberts
This book contains two of the author's works.
Second Nature
Lee Radcliffe was determined to meet and question Hunter Brown and work was paying for her to go to the writers conference in Flagstaff, AZ. He's an award winning writer and she can't understand how others can read what he writes and keep going for more of his thrillers. She hopes to meet up with him there.
Hunter is there to pick her up and very attracted to her upon sight. Love the talk of the area, the n
Cara
I really liked Second nature. Well I liked it better than One Summer. It wasn't my favorite of Nora Roberts. But I liked the camping backdrop and Hunter's relationship with his daughter and sister.

One Summer had potential to be good but it was missing something. I liked both characters but the story was slow even though I liked the backdrop of traveling. It didn't captivate. And really I kept waiting for hot darkroom sex and then nothing. Sweet but eh.
Maria
Both books in this edition are about the creative process, the first about writing and the second about photography. Although I found both interesting, the description of the terrain, the unbelievably beautiful parts of our country that Ms. Roberts captures so tellingly, was what caught and held my attention. It made me realize that we have so much here to explore. Why go anywhere else?
Duncan Mandel
Second Nature Getting an exclusive interview with notoriously reclusive horror writer Hunter Brown was all "Celebrity" magazine reporter Lee Radcliffe ever wanted. And when Hunter agrees to the interview on the condition that Lee conduct it on a camping trip, she can hardly refuse. But after spending some time alone with the seductively mysterious author, Lee discovers the only thing she wants exclusively is Hunter. One Summer A summer spent traveling across America with cynical, brooding photoj ...more
Judy
This book was a compilation of two of Roberts' earlier romance novels. While they lack the mystery, suspense elements that are a part of her later novels, they are still well written and enjoyable. Both novels deal with women who work for Celebrity magazine, one as a reporter and one as a photographer. They both experience life-changing summers.
Christa
Jul 06, 2014 Christa is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I've read the first story (of two) Second Nature included in this publication clearly meant for summer holiday reading.
Second Nature is a very romantic story with an intriguing start, that hooks you straight away.
I could pick holes in why two people would agree to a camping trip particularly her - I'm sure her mother would have something to say about safety! But clearly that's being far too sensible and down to earth, much better to not overthink it and throw yourself into the passion of the st
Cheryl
It is fascinating to try to figure out why this author is so popular. Better writers exist by the thousands. The answer, in my view, is that, like Steven King, she provides a deeply satisfying emotional arc, and a descent sense of place.
Maryann
I really enjoyed the last book more than the first. I loved Shade's sense of humor. It was a great story with wonderful characters. Roberts did a great job with the descriptions in regards to a photographer's point of view.
Amar
First book about Hunter and Lee was decent but when compared to the second book, with Bryan and Shade, it really pales in comparison...really liked both of them as people and how well matched they were. Loved their chemistry...
Sueij
A light fun read. Certainly not a challenge, but a good summer beach book.
Tiffany
I always enjoy Nora Roberts, no matter what it is.
Diane
Fun reads-I love that they are connected stories.
Jenna Peters
Nice easy reading. Good love stories.
Holly
I love anything Nora Roberts
Vika
Fun Summer Read!
Maura
One Summer - 3/5 - This story was average. Basically, two opposite photographers have to road trip the U.S. taking pictures for a photo essay. I liked the characters - Shade is overly serious and cynical, while Bryan is an idealist. They are clearly opposites, but the way they come together to balance each other out doesn't feel forced and I don't feel like these two would never have a chance in the real world. I'm not a fan of Bryan's name - it is so ingrained in me that Bryan is a boy's name t ...more
Junkie for the Written Word

Boring.

Just as a note, I couldn't remember the name of this book so I just searched Nora Roberts. Holy crap, she must write a new book every month. Jesus there are thousands of Nora Roberts books.

****You may notice an uptick in the amount of romance I'm reading. There is a reason, and the reason is I'm researching romance. I've actually started publishing short romantic fiction stories (under a pen name, haha, you won't find me suckers) and they're doing pretty well. What I realized, however,
Amy
Nora Roberts is a great romance novelist. Her stories are always the same, but she still has a way of making you care about the characters and wonder if they'll end up together.
This book is comprised of two novels...the first is about a journalist who is on a camping trip with a reclusive novelist in order to get an interview with him. The second novel is about her friend, a photographer who is on a three month road trip across the country with a brooding photojournalist. They are working on an
Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Second Nature

Lee Radcliffe is a reporter for a celebrity magazine and she's determined to find Hunter Brown, a famous author, and interview him. Hunter is very reclusive and no one knows where he lives or anything about his personal life, which only adds to the determination that Lee find him. She learns that he will be a guest speaker at a writer's convention in Flagstaff, Arizona and she goes to try to finagle a meeting. Little does she know that he was the man in the lobby she spoke with and
Bonnie Staughton
"Summer Pleasures" was another "hard to put down" book for me. There are actually 2 stories in this book but they are related as the 2 females in these books both worked together, are friends and meet up for a visit in the 2nd story. One is a reporter "on the rise" at "Celebrity" magazine and the other is a photographer of celebrities at the magazine. Both ladies "take a risk" to further their careers and unexpectedly find the men of their dreams. I enjoyed both stories equally.
Paraphrodite
Rather dated, these books haven't stood the test of time.

The male characters probably reflect what was considered popular and "manly" at the time, a la "Dynasty" and "Dallas". With today's lens, the hero in the first book "Second Nature" just seem mean and callous.

The storylines were pretty ordinary too. Examples of Nora Robert's lesser works.
Jackie
2 friends, 2 different romances with perspectives that showcase each of their personalities perfectly and leave the reader with a warm feeling when the book ends.
Becky
I just loved this book. The two stories were so interesting. They intertwined with each other, but stood on their own. I like how Nora Roberts descriptions are so vivid and acute. She captures all the senses. It is like you are actually with the characters. I especially liked the second story, "One Summer". Two professional photographers thrown together to do an assignment capturing summer across America. It was a romantic story, but really hit the small town America. Some of her words that she ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine edition 2 13 Apr 09, 2014 12:54AM
  • Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5)
  • Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Simply Sensual (Simply, #3)
  • Light of the Moon
  • Trading Places
  • Texans at Heart
  • A Coral Kiss
  • Violet Fire (Bragg Saga, #3)
  • Southern Comforts
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • Naturally Naughty
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

“She fell silent, remembering the jolt of envy and longing she’d felt when she’d framed the Browns in her viewfinder. Now, weeks and miles later, it was another jolt for Bryan to realize she hadn’t brushed off the peculiar feeling. She has managed to put it aside, somewhere to the back of her mind, but it popped out again now as she thought of the couple in the bleachers of a small-town park.

Family, cohesion. Bonding. Did some people just keep promises better than others? she wondered. Or where some people simply unable to blend their lives with someone’s else, make those adjustments, the compromises?

When she looked back, she believed both she and Rob had tried, but in their own ways. There’d been no meeting of the minds, but two separate thought patterns making decisions that never melded with each other. Did that mean that a successful marriage depended on the mating of two people who thought along the same lines?

With a sigh, she turned onto the highway that would lead them into Tennessee. If it was true, she decided, she was much better off single. Though she’d met a great many people she liked and could have fun with, she’d never met anyone who thought the way she did. Especially the man seated next to her with his nose already buried in the newspaper. There alone they were radically different.”
For more quotes visit my blog: frommybooks.wordpress.com”
1 likes