Start by marking “Sequence” as Want to Read:
Sequence

Sequence

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Times Top 5 Thriller Novel of 2011.

Past, present and future collide head on in a unique and twisting thriller.

A naked male, dead in an alleyway with bullets that don’t make sense. A note, written in 13th Century Latin secreted about his person along with the name and room number of an autistic mental patient. Fingerprints burned away and tattoos completely removed. O
Paperback
Published 2011 by Gardners Books (first published March 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sequence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sequence

Rebecca Matthews
Not my usual genre but Wonderful and thought provoking.

This is my 1st ARC copy i've ever had and i love Adrian Dawson's writing technique. Adrian has a fantastic ability to tell a story from many different view points including past, present and future and the different tangents tie up perfectly. His work is very descriptive and at times i'm trying to close my eyes against the pictures he creates but i'm always left wanting more.
He has a unique style and a very creative intelligence to his work
Adrian Dawson
May 04, 2011 Adrian Dawson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I've now decided to extend Sequence and make it part of a trilogy....Sequoia is currently in drafting stage...and will be out spring 2012...
Miles
A naked male, dead in an alleyway with bullets that don't make sense. A note, written in 13th Century Latin secreted about his person along with the name and room number of an autistic mental patient. Fingerprints burned away and tattoos completely removed. Of all the possible duties, the last task LAPD detective Nick Lambert wanted was the drive to Oakdene to interview the girl. It gets worse when he discovers that as well as being autistic, she's also mute.

But when an off-hand comment from the
Bonnie
This was a Goodreads "Firstreads" giveaway book. I absolutely enjoyed it! The author writes a solid thriller aimed to keep you guessing until the very end. I look forward to reading the next book in this series!
Arjun Thakrar (Excellent Reads)
I have been pondering over writing this review for a couple of days now because I want
to get it so perfect. I want express how amazing I though this book was and how much I
loved it without putting too much repetition or stuff like that in this revieww, so I found a
word to describe this book: Phenomenal. It’s one of the many words you could describe
this marvellous, stupendously, fantastic book with.

Now you see this book blew of my feet. This is an action packed, fast paced thriller filled
with mys
Last Passage
The Telegraph (Saturday Review) said "...a philosophical collision of sci-fi and gumshoe noir with a devilishly tricky plot and a narrative bursting with sardonic laughs. It's a brave challenge to the sneery notion that only stupidity sells in sprawling popular fiction and coolly achieves that elusive trinity of pace, intellect and charm.”

The Times (Saturday Review) said "a hugely complex, highly intelligent and always entertaining plot"

SciFi Now! Magazine said "‘fluidly written, endlessly thoug
Maxine
Sequence combines time travel with science, the paranormal , a beautiful archeologist with a severely autistic sister, a power-hungry CEO of a huge corporation, and a self-loathing and slightly alcoholic detective. I know this sounds like a huge mishmash of styles and other books and, with a lesser writer, it would be terrible but somehow Adrian Dawson not only pulls it off but makes it completely addicting - no matter how hard I tried (now that I've finished it, I really must catch up on some s ...more
Denae
I like science fiction. I like some extremely silly science fiction. I like some books with an obvious philosophical agenda. What I do not like is books which have no warnings or indications of their ideological stance or books that butcher science to their own ends. Unfortunately, falls into the latter category of books I do not like. I would have been willing to give this two stars, initially, because the writing was terrible in a way that amused me. Then we got to the scientist-bashing and vi ...more
Roberta
This is my first ARC through Goodreads. Whilst I am enjoying it so far, I'm not ready to review it yet. What I can tell you is that, as a time travel book, it beats The Time Traveler's Wife to hell and back.
Rick F.
masterful and brilliant- Mr. Dawson ranks with the very top of intelligent thriller writers

A JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB MUST READ

RICK FRIEDMAN
FOUNDER
JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB
Jenn
It's a well written book with a pretty straight ahead plot once you nail down the timelines. I'm not usually a reader of thrillers - but was intrigued by the time travel aspect. I have to confess that there's more violence than I usually enjoy reading - and though I tend to have a colorful vocabulary, I found the repeated use of "shit" to be excessive & distracting! I'm also not really a super science-y person nor well versed in Bible related things either - so I think my brain just glosses ...more
Adey
Obviously I'm biased - I wrote it - but I've already had feedback from people who received an advance copy as a runner up prize in the "Win and iPad" competition for Codex...it has been extremely positive - with some people saying that Sequence is even better than Codex.

If you'd like to read the first 121 pages of Sequence you can do so on my website at this address:

I'd love to know your thoughts on Sequence, and also which characters you'd like to see ret
Mickey Hoffman
This Science Fiction book is pretty mind bending, but time travel tends to be like that. It's also quite a suspenseful tale. I liked the main characters a lot. The book goes back and forth between three time periods and I got confused a few times. I think the same plot could have been done without as much jumping back and forth. For that reason, only four stars.

And a science note: Even though it's fiction, after taking such pains to explain the two slit experiment, there was the vacuum chamber w
Anna-marie Horan
I quite enjoyed this book. It reminded me of Michael Crichton's work, but that is not a bad thing. I found the science part really interesting and I liked the characters. I am looking forward to reading more by Adrian Dawson.
Wennifred
Jul 31, 2011 Wennifred marked it as to-read
I just won a copy from Goodreads. Looking forward to reading it. I will write a review after I've read it. Thank you.
Lunewcity
Lunewcity is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2015
Flavia Talamo
Flavia Talamo marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Alan Hoffman
Alan Hoffman marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Davide Zanin
Davide Zanin marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Karl
Karl added it
Mar 03, 2015
Maurizio Valenza
Maurizio Valenza marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Spino
Spino marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
VaNiA
VaNiA added it
Jan 27, 2015
Sam Hambly
Sam Hambly marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Marie-Anne
Marie-Anne marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Hindsight (Mira Chambers #2)
  • A Work in Progress
  • One Dead Hen
  • The Immortality Virus
  • Caught In Time (Alysian Universe, #1)
  • The Explorer's Code: A Novel
  • Assam and Darjeeling
  • This Is My Letter To The World: The Omikuji Project Cycle One
  • Calling Mr. King
  • Karaoke Culture
  • Thrown into Nature
  • Fezariu's Epiphany (The Elencheran Chronicles #1)
  • The Liminal People
  • The Sleepwalkers
  • The Heirloom Murders (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2)
  • The Guardener's Tale
  • Regolith
  • My Dear Charlotte
Codex Nowhere Else to Go L'Évangile hérétique (Thrillers) (French Edition) [Sequoia] Remember This?