Start by marking “Howl For Me (True Destiny, #3)” as Want to Read:
Howl For Me (True Destiny, #3)

Howl For Me (True Destiny #3)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  620 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
"For a love that will last through the ages, they must fight an evil older than time. "

"True Destiny, Book 3"

Jeffrey Grimm s grandfather, Odin, tortured and nearly killed his twin sister. He s on a mission to return the favor. To get the job done, he needs the world's oldest living laser-hair-removal candidate: Fenrisulfr, the werewolf prophecy has decreed will kill Odin a
Published March 13th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Howl For Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howl For Me

Onyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareLover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Most Expected Romance Books 2012
181st out of 424 books — 1,486 voters
Moon Called by Patricia BriggsThe Beast in Him by Shelly LaurenstonThe Clan MacRieve by Kresley ColeWhen He Was Bad by Shelly LaurenstonGo Fetch! by Shelly Laurenston
Hottest Werewolf Romance
89th out of 92 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

Gennie Gee
Mar 10, 2012 Gennie Gee rated it it was amazing
Dana Marie Bell is one of my favorite authors, and this third installment of her True Destiny series does NOT disappoint! Howl for Me is a M/M story and all the great characters from the other two stories are present and integral to the plot, so if you haven’t read Very Much Alive and Eye of the Beholder, be sure to pick those up first and you won’t regret it.

The True Destiny series is based on the Norse Pantheon of gods and goddesses. In this story Fenrisùlfr or Fen (the original werewolf), the
Kayla
Jun 16, 2015 Kayla rated it it was amazing
This book may not be for everyone but I loved it! It's hilarious to see them trying to teach Fenris all about the world now! Things that we completely take for granted and he had to learn so it was awesome the way Dana Marie Bell incorporated it into the story! It is also so cool to see how the prophesy plays out in the story and you cna't help but root for them to beat Odin.

I give this 5 out of 5 stars!

Looking for more reviews and books? Check out my blog http://whenireadilive.blogspot.com/
Robin
Jun 16, 2015 Robin rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who can get over the idea of m/m relationships
Rating - 4.5*

|Paranormal, shifters: canine |
|Paranormal, gods/myths: Norse|
|Romance, m/m|
|Tears ! ! |

Personally, I don't enjoy giving "SPOILERS" as a rule, so I believe the general synopsis above or on the book flap if it's a hard copy should give you all the pertinent information you
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Recommended Read

Sarah Briggs
Dec 03, 2013 Sarah Briggs rated it it was amazing
(This review may contain spoilers).

I think this might be my favourite of the True Destiny series so far. I was quickly able to empathise with Fenris and I felt really bad for everything he went through. I've always felt sorry for Fenris and the way he was treated in the mythos.

Odin is a sick, sadistic... several words I shouldn't put in a review viewable by people of all ages. I hate him. I'm really looking forward to when he finally gets his comeuppance. The only complaint I really have is that
Lily
True Destiny # 3

I found Jeff's character interesting in the previous books and couldn't wait for his story, especially after i read how he meets his "mate"

The author has used the greek theme to its extreme limit,it was so bad that i had to skim some pages to get to the good part.
description

I lost my patience a couple of times. The parts where the plot was to "catch that bastard Odin before he escapes" annoyed me. Yeah, i get it he is bad and evil, but still, to have the bad guy get caught and then ,escape
Shiran
So anyone who knows me knows I'm a BIG Dana Marie Bell fan and that I LOVE all her books. Having said that there was just something about this book that I felt didn't live up to Bell's usual standards.

This series is very confusing if you don't pay attention and can't keep track of all the double names and God races, but it's still very creative and exciting. I think my problem with this one was that I didn't connect or feel the passion between Fen and Jeff... maybe m/m is just not my genre or m
Ellissa
May 27, 2014 Ellissa rated it liked it
I love MM love stories. This was cute but seemed a little bit hurried at times.
Cayla
Nov 05, 2014 Cayla rated it really liked it
this is one of my favs of this series
Annelise
Nov 21, 2015 Annelise rated it really liked it
Loved the story and characters.
Tamara
Apr 28, 2013 Tamara rated it really liked it
I should know better! Dana got me again, I had to buy the rest of the series. I loved Howl for Me. Really neat twist on Norse mythology. I will admit I had a little trouble in the beginning following the list of characters without a play book. I think It would probably have been better if I had read the series in order.
But, Howl for Me contains Dana Marie's trademark humor, strong characters and wonderfully complicated plot.
gremlin
Feb 03, 2013 gremlin rated it really liked it
The series continues with a good installment.

Jeffrey is determined to be part of the team to take down Odin, in revenge for his sister. He frees the great wolf Fenris, who thinks Jeff's decided to be his mate, while Jeff thinks no such thing - not that he doesn't think the man Fen turns into isn't crazy sexy.
R
Mar 18, 2012 R rated it it was ok
Even though I had read the others I still kept getting confused with the names of gods both current and in the past. I also got confused with the previous relationships and would recommend that the books be read in order at the same time to hopefully to keep on track with the story.
Ilse
Apr 22, 2012 Ilse rated it really liked it
Don't read this book if you haven't read the previous two because it is really hard to understand. There are tons of characters and most of them have two names and a lot of history so you better have a good memory or read the other two. None the less it is an enjoyable book.
Shan
Feb 21, 2013 Shan rated it liked it
A great addition to the series, it was surprisingly good as I was unsure whether the M/M would detract from the story because I'm not a huge fan of M/M love scenes. However Dana does it again with a great plot, lovable characters and an interesting spin on old myths.
SANDRA
Oct 23, 2013 SANDRA rated it it was amazing
Another five stars for this awesome lady. Love her and her stories, in a way if I could marry her mind I would. I can;t imagine how many story she has up there. This is another success for her. If anyone is looking for an awesome hot story this is it!!!
Brandi
Jul 27, 2012 Brandi added it
So angry that Oliver Grimm is not dead yet and I haven't been able to figure out how to kill him. I stated his book first then had to stop to read the first two in the series. Hopefully, there are other books to accompany this series.
Kathryn Reeder
Apr 26, 2012 Kathryn Reeder rated it really liked it
This book is the third in the series. About Jeff and his mate Fen. Jeff is turned into a wolf and they still try to take down Odin. Guy on guy action included in this book.
Jaime
Jun 04, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
This book was not as good as the first two in this series but I still enjoyed reading it and I can't wait for the next one I am excited to see where she takes it.....
Amyd219
Loved the continuation of the storyline...so wish the fourth was out already. I'm dying to see how they finally take out the Old Man!
ms bookjunkie
Nordic mythology is not the least bit interesting to me, but DMB makes it entertaining. Not to mention, hot hot hot.
Tammera
Nov 03, 2012 Tammera rated it it was amazing
Darkly sexy and riotously funny I love this series and can only hope that more will come, awesome !!
Karen Mikkelsen
May 08, 2015 Karen Mikkelsen rated it it was amazing
I loved it and have read it several times later.
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Love this series.
Shelley
Rogue
Rogue rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Rae
Rae rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Fiona Drewett-lane
Fiona Drewett-lane marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Katrina Tremblett
Katrina Tremblett rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
  • Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2)
  • Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats, #3)
  • Silver Mine (Takhini Wolves, #2)
  • Hunting Love
  • Outfoxed (Cougar Falls, #4)
  • Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Biting Me Softly (Biting Love, #4)
  • The Geek Job
  • Feral (Northern Shifters, #2)
  • Tiger Mine
  • My Demon Saint (Shifting Reality, #2)
  • Half Blind (Freelance Magic, #1)
Dana Marie Bell wrote her first short story when she was thirteen years old. She attended the High School for Creative and Performing Arts for creative writing, where freedom of expression was the order of the day. When her parents moved out of the city and placed her in a Catholic high school for her senior year she tried desperately to get away, but the nuns held fast, and she graduated with hon ...more
More about Dana Marie Bell...

True Destiny (5 books)
  • Very Much Alive (True Destiny, #1)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • Morgan's Fate (True Destiny, #4)
  • Not Broken (True Destiny, #5)

“Fen shook his head and soaped up his hands. “You humans are very strange, mate.” Fen tipped his head. “I saw this video that showed women being tortured.”

Jeff sobered. “What?”

“They were submitting voluntarily too.”

Jeff immediately relaxed as Fen’s hands ran over his body. “What were they doing?”

“Getting something called a Brazilian...”
5 likes
“Jesus, Jeff. What happened to your head? You look like you got attacked by a beaver.” 4 likes