A Lieutenant's Love

A Lieutenant's Love

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lieutenant Jarryd Alyt has given blood and soul in service to the Duke, yet suffering the loss of a beloved companion drives him near the brink of despair. Disillusioned though still loyal, when new recruit Arin arrives, Jarryd is struck by the youth's innocence and beauty. But will the horror of war strike before Jarryd summons the courage to love again?
Kindle Edition
Published March 11th 2013 by Flying With Red Haircrow (first published June 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Lieutenant's Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lieutenant's Love

Serena Yates
This short story packs quite a punch! I can't reveal the ending without spoiling it, but I can say that it left me breathless. I love it when there's a surprise like that to leave me - well, impressed.

It’s a historical, even if the history is fictional since the exact details of the location and time are never revealed. The main character, Lieutenant Jarryd, has survived long years of service to his Duke. He has lost one lover to the drawn-out war already. When he meets Arin, who is a new recrui...more
Red Haircrow
After reading Maria McCann's historical romance/drama featuring two male characters in a tempestuous relationship set against the backdoor of war, I imagined a story of my own of fellow warriors who fall in love, having to endure the almost constant worry that one or the other might die at any time.

This story is one of my personal favorites that I've written. I created a review because I often reread my own stories, still trying to find if there can be something improved in it and I wanted to e...more
Kassa
A Lieutenant’s Love is somewhat unexpected. It’s a gay fantasy historical set in some unknown, vague time yet the themes are universal. The story blends familiar elements with enough vague descriptions to give a feel for the story, time, and men without getting specific and being subjected to historical accuracy. It works for the most part since regardless of the world the story of love amongst war remains timeless.

The story begins with Jarryd, a young Lieutenant in the Duke’s army that’s been i...more
Alina
Usually I'm not a fan of historicals, but I liked this story.
Intense and sad and hopeful with a HEA for the two MCs, but kind of a sad twist for a secondary character. I'd love to read his story someday.
Elisa Rolle
I think this short story will be well liked by the historical romance lovers. The setting is undefined, meaning that it’s somewhere between the XVII and XIX in a North European country, probably some Germany or Scandinavian dukedom.

Of Lieutenant Jarryd Alyt we knows that he “crossed an ocean and journeyed north from his own overpopulated land”, he is now under services of a Duke, trying to follow his father’s step, “for in his father’s homeland, the Crown eternally sought new lands and peoples...more
 ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
A historical piece by Red Haircrow that should not be passed up.

Lieutenant Jarryd Alyt, has lost one love already while fighting for the Duke. Jarryd is withdrawn from his men and from his true self when when Arin enters Jarryd's camp. I don't want to give to much away from the story. It is only 35 pages, but is a good read.

Red Haircrow brings texture to his words. There was one quote that stood out for. (view spoiler)...more
Van
It is a short story but I was surprised so much happened and I loved the characters. It was just like watching a movie. I'd never heard of this writer until recently but glad I gave this a chance.
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
A.L.
A.L. marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
estioe
estioe marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Cecilia Rodriguez
Cecilia Rodriguez is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2013
Mammarella
Mammarella marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Westbrooke Jameson
Westbrooke Jameson marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Marie
Marie added it
Aug 14, 2012
Steelwhisper
Steelwhisper marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
♡♥Ang ♥♡
♡♥Ang ♥♡ marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2012
Thorny
Thorny marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2011
Lara
Lara added it
Dec 03, 2011
Alec
Alec marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2011
Kiki
Kiki added it
Jan 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Red Haircrow is an award-winning author/poet, photojournalist, chef and former law enforcement officer of Chiricahua Apache/Cherokee descent who lives in Berlin, Germany. Red is also a indigenous activist, press agent, and owner of the multi-media entity Flying With Red Haircrow and holds a BSc of Psychology.

Red Haircrow has various poems, shorter works and articles published in magazines like Sw...more
More about Red Haircrow...
Night Shift Katrdeshtr's Redemption (The Night Cat, #1) The Angel of Berlin Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World The House of Doom, Dreams and Desire