Start by marking “Rooster's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Rooster's Revenge

Rooster's Revenge (Fox and Hen #2)

A seafaring adventure! A storm! Giant turtles! Glowing slugs! A wordless tale of excitement and surprise, Rooster's Revenge, which follows the acclaimed books The Chicken Thief and Fox and Hen Together is sure to delight!Together with Bear and Rabbit, the disappointed Rooster is making his way home over the sea when a terrific storm hits. After running aground in the storm ...more
Published September 13th 2011 by Enchanted Lion Books (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rooster's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rooster's Revenge

The Arrival by Shaun TanFlotsam by David WiesnerTuesday by David WiesnerThe Snowman by Raymond BriggsGood Dog, Carl by Alexandra Day
Wordless Picture Books
92nd out of 184 books — 280 voters
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasHamlet by William ShakespeareThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonMacbeth by William ShakespeareWuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Revenge
178th out of 246 books — 214 voters

More lists with this book...

David Schaafsma
There seems to be some confusion about this book so I think I can help clear that up:

This is the third book in a trilogy of silent (wordless) picture books, which wraps up with a surprising solution. But you can't just read this one and get anything out of it. I recommend your reading all three, The Chicek Thief first, The Fox and Haen second, and this one last.
Barbara
May 31, 2011 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: ncbla
Grumpy Rooster, Bear, and Rabbit encounter a storm as they sail home across the sea. When the ship wrecks, they are hauled into a cave on the backs of turtles. Rooster spies a glowing orb in the cave, and the three friends follow it as it leads them through the cave. Readers will want to see what happens when Rooster trips while holding the sphere. This imaginative wordless picture book offers room for imagination on the part of young readers who are certainly likely to want to read it more than ...more
Joanna
Dec 28, 2014 Joanna rated it really liked it
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Jan 06, 2012 Joella www.cinjoella.com rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
I really liked the first one in this series (The Chicken Thief) and I liked the second one (Fox and Hen Together). This one was interesting to read, but it just didn't do it for me like the first two books did. If you liked those, you will probablly like this one as well. Perhaps I was just reading it on an off day for me. I did like the bear and the bunny though. They made me laugh.
Stacie
Mar 02, 2015 Stacie rated it it was ok
Week 5
Author: Beatrice Rodriguez
Title: Rooster's Revenge

Plot: Rooster, Rabbit and Bear are on their way home when they are stranded on an island with a mysterious cave. The cave contains a glowing ball--what adventures are in store for the trio and the ball?

Setting: Island

Characters: Rooster, Rabbit, Bear

POV - 3rd, this is a wordless book

Theme: Adventure

Style: Picture, Wordless, Children's

Copyright: 2011

Notes: I was not a big fan of this book. I didn't really understand the pictures. It might be
현순 최
Apr 12, 2014 현순 최 rated it liked it
Shelves: wordless
A rabbit, bear, rooster are coming back home taking a boat from their friend's house. In the middle of sea, big storm hit to them. They barely survive at lonely, strange island. while the rabbit, bear are sleeping, the rooster finds some strange ball. It has bright light that is leading to escape from this place. The rooster tries to hold the ball, At last, they come back home thanks to the ball. As soon as returning home, the ball began to crack. They are surprised. A small dragon came out of t ...more
Diane
Aug 20, 2016 Diane rated it liked it
Rabbit, Bear and Rooster are off on a journey in a little boat. Shipwrecked, they discover an island with many strange creatures. Rooster grabs an egg and runs. And when they return home, he has a new responsibility.
Amy Brown
May 03, 2015 Amy Brown rated it really liked it
As simple as it seems, a wordless picture book must effectively tell a story without the use of text. It's quite impressive when you think about it. This book did a great job of telling a story without words.
Hannah Givens
Jan 08, 2015 Hannah Givens rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
I have no idea what is happening in this book. I mean, I understand the pictures okay, but what about this is "Rooster's revenge?" He doesn't take revenge on anything and no one takes revenge on him...
Ashley D--
I'd still recommend it to anyone looking for a wordless picture book, but after The Chicken Thief, this one kind of falls flat. It's the same story, but this time it's this horrible rooster who wants to steal some riches and then ends up getting a dragon baby out of the deal. I mean, what kind of parent will he be? What about this poor dragon baby's biological family? I'd like to see a sequel--Lyncoya's Revenge, maybe--where the dragon baby grows up and finds out how he came to live with his ado ...more
Robin
Mar 08, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
Love Rodriguez's wordless trilogy. Her animals are so expressive. Rooster is still unhappy about fox and hen when he sets off in a boat with bear and hare. After a storm washes them upon a mystery shore, rooster discovers an egg in a cave and is delighted. He continues on, totally self-absorbed an oblivious to the fate of his companions. They manage though, and even when the egg cracks, things do turn out well. Rodriguez's wordless story is a visual delight; each time I look I discover new detai ...more
Mary
Dec 20, 2011 Mary rated it it was ok
Rooster is not happy to be taking a boat ride with Rabbit and Bear. They get caught in a storm, wash ashore, and sleep in a cave. Rooster sees a glowing sphere, grabs it, and runs towards home through a field of giant mushrooms, across a body of water, and through a forest. He accidentally drops the sphere and it breaks, but then a baby dragon hatches. All is well as all the young animals play together. An okay book.
Susan Erhardt
Kendra
Apr 09, 2012 Kendra rated it it was ok
a wordless picture book of a rooster (who is mad for some reason-maybe because he had to go on a trip with bear and rabbit??) who finds an egg and runs off with it leaving rabbit and bear in the dust (he's wearing an evil expression during all this). Then the egg hatches onec he arrives home and all is well. Didn't love it.
Heather
Sep 24, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
I loved the first book, but this one was rather bizarre. I haven't been able to find the second book yet, so that may clear up a few things, but I think perhaps the plot of this one is just meant to be bizarre. I do like what the rooster ends up with, though!
Mohammad
May 14, 2012 Mohammad rated it it was ok
If you read this book on first without reading the previous two (the Chicken Thief, Fox and Hen together), then it might be hard to see how or what the revenge was about.
The Styling Librarian
Very cute wordless picture book, must read the other books since I found out this is the third in the series. Reminded me a bit of Polo...
Shelley
Yikes, it was too confusing/bizarre for me. I read that are two earlier books on the series. Maybe reading those may have helped.
Beverly
Jul 31, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
A cute wordless story, which makes more sense if readers are familiar with the first two stories in the series.
Jacqui
We loved the chicken thief - this is the sequel. Definately lacking the magic of the first one.
Ardis
Jun 08, 2012 Ardis rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, picture-books
I love these books. Although I can't quite figure out the "revenge" in this story.
Louise
May 18, 2013 Louise rated it liked it
Still great illustrations just not as good as the previous 2 in the series
Peacegal
Oct 25, 2011 Peacegal rated it really liked it
Absolutely wonderful and surreal wordless story! I loved it!
Danica Midlil
Dec 02, 2015 Danica Midlil rated it liked it
Shelves: nearly-wordless
So why did Rooster go crazy exactly?
Jill
Nov 23, 2011 Jill rated it it was ok
Stick with first book.
PWRL
Jan 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Kristen Leclercq
Kristen Leclercq rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Mariah
Mariah marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016