Rooster's Revenge

Rooster's Revenge (Fox and Hen #3)

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A seafaring adventure! A storm! Giant turtles! Glowing slugs! A wordless tale of excitement and surprise, Rooster's Revenge, which follows the acclaimed books The Chicken Thief and Fox and Hen Together is sure to delight!Together with Bear and Rabbit, the disappointed Rooster is making his way home over the sea when a terrific storm hits. After running aground in the storm...more
Published September 13th 2011 by Enchanted Lion Books

S.K.
My two girls pulled this off the library shelf and fell instantly in love. I flipped through it and grimaced. No words! I'm probably one of the very few who cannot stand books without words. I don't want to figure out a story, I want to read one.

At home, we settled with our wordless book and I fell a little bit in love. The illustrations were expressive and funny. The characters really shined. Loved the bear.

But, as I suspected, I didn't really get it. Why was rooster so grumpy? Why was he runni...more
Barbara
Grumpy Rooster, Bear, and Rabbit encounter a storm as they sail home across the sea. When the ship wrecks, they are hauled into a cave on the backs of turtles. Rooster spies a glowing orb in the cave, and the three friends follow it as it leads them through the cave. Readers will want to see what happens when Rooster trips while holding the sphere. This imaginative wordless picture book offers room for imagination on the part of young readers who are certainly likely to want to read it more than...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
I really liked the first one in this series (The Chicken Thief) and I liked the second one (Fox and Hen Together). This one was interesting to read, but it just didn't do it for me like the first two books did. If you liked those, you will probablly like this one as well. Perhaps I was just reading it on an off day for me. I did like the bear and the bunny though. They made me laugh.
현순 최
A rabbit, bear, rooster are coming back home taking a boat from their friend's house. In the middle of sea, big storm hit to them. They barely survive at lonely, strange island. while the rabbit, bear are sleeping, the rooster finds some strange ball. It has bright light that is leading to escape from this place. The rooster tries to hold the ball, At last, they come back home thanks to the ball. As soon as returning home, the ball began to crack. They are surprised. A small dragon came out of t...more
Robin
Love Rodriguez's wordless trilogy. Her animals are so expressive. Rooster is still unhappy about fox and hen when he sets off in a boat with bear and hare. After a storm washes them upon a mystery shore, rooster discovers an egg in a cave and is delighted. He continues on, totally self-absorbed an oblivious to the fate of his companions. They manage though, and even when the egg cracks, things do turn out well. Rodriguez's wordless story is a visual delight; each time I look I discover new detai...more
Mary
Rooster is not happy to be taking a boat ride with Rabbit and Bear. They get caught in a storm, wash ashore, and sleep in a cave. Rooster sees a glowing sphere, grabs it, and runs towards home through a field of giant mushrooms, across a body of water, and through a forest. He accidentally drops the sphere and it breaks, but then a baby dragon hatches. All is well as all the young animals play together. An okay book.
Susan Erhardt
Kendra
a wordless picture book of a rooster (who is mad for some reason-maybe because he had to go on a trip with bear and rabbit??) who finds an egg and runs off with it leaving rabbit and bear in the dust (he's wearing an evil expression during all this). Then the egg hatches onec he arrives home and all is well. Didn't love it.
Heather
I loved the first book, but this one was rather bizarre. I haven't been able to find the second book yet, so that may clear up a few things, but I think perhaps the plot of this one is just meant to be bizarre. I do like what the rooster ends up with, though!
Mohammad
If you read this book on first without reading the previous two (the Chicken Thief, Fox and Hen together), then it might be hard to see how or what the revenge was about.
The Styling Librarian
Very cute wordless picture book, must read the other books since I found out this is the third in the series. Reminded me a bit of Polo...
Shelley
Yikes, it was too confusing/bizarre for me. I read that are two earlier books on the series. Maybe reading those may have helped.
Beverly
A cute wordless story, which makes more sense if readers are familiar with the first two stories in the series.
Ardis
I love these books. Although I can't quite figure out the "revenge" in this story.
Louise
Still great illustrations just not as good as the previous 2 in the series
Peacegal
Absolutely wonderful and surreal wordless story! I loved it!
Jill
Stick with first book.
PWRL
Jan 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Trey Veazey
Trey Veazey marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Ben Worth
Ben Worth marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Maral
Maral marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Chicken Thief Fox and Hen Together Gingerbread Man The Fishing Trip The Treasure Thief