The Persian

The Persian

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Vahsalan Sahar arrives from Tehran to begin an art scholarship at the renowned Monarch’s Academy in London. He is only faintly aware of the awful deaths hitting the news as he settles in, but when he wakes up beside the next victim, apparently dead at Vas’ hands, he's drawn into a tangled series of events which seem designed to make him appear to be the killer.
ebook
Published January 11th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Persian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Persian

Clodia Metelli
The story of Vaz, a young Iranian art student in London, who goes on a night out with his new friends and inexplicably wakes up next to a dead body.
This was an enjoyable read; there is generally a good-hearted, somehow innocent feel throughout most of the novel,which is written in a chatty, colloquial style, with a strong emphasis on the redemptive power of love - this makes it the more shocking when things turn very dark indeed.

The setting in Walthamstow and the group of people Vaz becomes pa...more
Oconel
Interesting so far (and the fact that is set in London only adds to the interest).

Update: This is a book that manages to keep the interest of the reader and I liked the characters. As someone mentioned before there are some minor editing flaws (mainly apostrophes) but nothing too distracting.
(view spoiler)...more
Tami (synchro from BL)
It was mainly very depressing.
I couldn't finish it.

Was not badly written, but I didn't feel much for any character and so I stopped reading after 2/3.
Leslie
Great author, I loved the writing and style. The over all plot even was good for me. What didn't work for me was how it wrapped up. I wont spoil anything, but to me it just didn't seem realistic. I actually like sci-fi so i like fantasy, but since this was supposed to be reality i think it pushed the bonds too much.
Kate Aaron
Genuinely great story. It developed slowly, but never dragged. The whodunnit was engaging, the ending shocking. The characters were well-drawn and likable. There's some editing flaws (apostrophe's!) but nothing that detracted from the overall narrative. Highly recommended.
Connie Taylor
Overall story was good. Didn't particularly like the ending.
Lola
Lola marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Jenn Ferris
Jenn Ferris marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Jessica Huck
Jessica Huck is currently reading it
Apr 01, 2014
Curtis
Curtis marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Mandy Beyers
Mandy Beyers marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Joyce Demaine
Joyce Demaine marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Sadonna
Sadonna marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Karen
Karen added it
Nov 08, 2013
Rachel Gardiner
Rachel Gardiner marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Becca
Becca added it
Mar 24, 2013
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013