Start by marking “Blame it on the Mistletoe” as Want to Read:
Blame it on the Mistletoe

Blame it on the Mistletoe

When Macy Carter’s parents order her to bring her live-in boyfriend Sean home with her for Christmas she has no idea that her little white lie is just about to snowball into a fabrication of monstrous proportions. Sean isn’t her boyfriend, he’s her boss. Now she has to reveal the lie she’s been telling her family for the past two years or hastily concoct an elaborate ruse ...more
Published December 6th 2009 by Alinar Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blame it on the Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blame it on the Mistletoe

Diana Hockley
Jul 02, 2012 Diana Hockley rated it really liked it

No one could possibly take this book seriously! A girl lies to her mother about having a boyfriend she lives with (for two years!) works for a hottie veterinary surgeon and of course, secretly fancies him something rotten. She persuades him to come home with her for Christmas and pretend to be the boyfriend! Things go downhill - or uphill, depending on your perspective - from there.

This is the perfect frothy, slightly silly, but good-natured romantic fantasy novel to read on a cold and rainy day
Yvonne
Oct 11, 2011 Yvonne rated it really liked it
I really liked the way things just kinda snowballed for the main characters. The book was really charming. Its one of those books that make you feel all warm and tingly inside.
Gina
Goodreads Description- When Macy Carter’s parents order her to bring her live-in boyfriend Sean home with her for Christmas she has no idea that her little white lie is just about to snowball into a fabrication of monstrous proportions. Sean isn’t her boyfriend, he’s her boss. Now she has to reveal the lie she’s been telling her family for the past two years or hastily concoct an elaborate ruse to fool them instead.
When Macy tells Sean Mathis of her predicament he does what any gentleman would –
Julie
Nov 01, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
OK, It's November the 1st and I have already gotten by first Christmas book under my belt. This is a really short story( 68 pages) by Lily Graison - Blame it on the Mistletoe.
Macy works for Sean, a veterinarian. She told her family he was her live in boyfriend so they wouldn't worry about her. But, her family is tired of hearing excuses as to why Sean can't come with Macy for the holidays. So, Macy comes clean to Sean and he agrees to travel with her to visit her family for Christmas, and prete
Judy
Nov 11, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Blame It On The Mistletoe by Lily Graison
Macy Carter had a big problem. She told a lie to her mother. Macy told her that she had a boyfriend for the past two years and she just used her boss as that pretend man. The pretend man too busy to come home the past Christmas’s to meet her family. Only this year mom was not taking no for an answer. This lie sure came back to bite her, now what?

Sean Mathis had a rule that he wouldn't date an employee. That's why he never asked his young receptionist out.
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: forbidden-love
93p When Macy Carter 19s parents order her to bring her live-in boyfriend Sean home with her for Christmas she has no idea that her little white lie is just about to snowball into a fabrication of monstrous proportions. Sean isn 19t her boyfriend, he 19s her boss. Now she has to reveal the lie she 19s been telling her family for the past two years or hastily concoct an elaborate ruse to fool them instead. When Macy tells Sean Mathis of her predicament he does what any gentleman would - he laughs ...more
Lynelle Clark
Nov 10, 2012 Lynelle Clark rated it it was amazing
A sweet story with lots of intrigue that came to an beautiful end.
Macy tried to console her family while believing she was save in a relationship back in the city. But when her parents demanded to see the man, after a two year relationship and she claimed to love she had to think quickly.
Sean, her boss and the only man she loved in secret, was more than willing to step in the deceit enjoying every minute, being close to the woman he loved.
The more they wanted to get out the deeper they got into
Nancy
Nov 14, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Macy's parents are worried about her living alone so far away from her family. To help ease their minds she tells them a little white-lie that she has been living with Sean for the last 2 years. Sean is a veterinarian and her boss. Macy has said that Sean was too busy to come to Christmas for the past several years but this year her mother insists that he come with her for Christmas. She tells Sean about it and he agrees to go home with her for a week to celebrate Christmas with Macy and her ...more
Loverlypurple
Jan 18, 2013 Loverlypurple rated it really liked it
Shelves: wine-and-roses
I didn't want the story to end. I really liked Macy and Sean. All of Macy's family was a nice touch to the story. Lots of humor and misunderstanding made this a fun read. The ending came a bit too quick for me wish there had been an another chapter or an epilogue.
Jack
Dec 27, 2013 Jack rated it liked it
I wish this book would have been longer. It had great potential to be something more I hope the author might make a second book continuing this book. Overall good short book I recommend it for a good time.
Denise Koopman
Oct 18, 2015 Denise Koopman rated it really liked it
I really liked this little book.I felt bad for the dr though the most.She should not have lied.I think more highly of him than her.Seems to me her family tells her what to do and when to do it...Just sayin'
Brandi Gillilan
Jun 20, 2013 Brandi Gillilan rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It was very sweet and really romantic. I love Ms. Graison's twist on the fake fiance plot. It is very well written and keeps your attention from start to finish.

Brandi Gillilan
Char (1RadReader59)
Nov 28, 2012 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
I know there have been countless movies on this subject. Yet, the dialog the goes on between the two main characters is beyond funny. I was laughing out loud to the point I had to read it to my husband then he would crack up too. It is a fun holiday short story. I know you will love it too.
Vianey
Sep 02, 2013 Vianey rated it really liked it
Such a cute Christmas love story. It had a cute story line and was adorable in my opinion on how they always sort of liked each other but never really admitted it and then they do fall for each other.
Betty Ann Baer
Aug 06, 2012 Betty Ann Baer rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Cute book about a girl without a boyfriend that brings her "boyfriend" home for Christmas to meet the family. Fun book.
Highland-dreamer
Jul 31, 2012 Highland-dreamer rated it liked it
A cute, short story. The ending was a little far-fetched, but overall it was enjoyable, and a good "Christmas in July" book for me.
Autumn
Jul 03, 2012 Autumn rated it really liked it
Shelves: love
The story was fast-paced and at times comical. Maybe a little cheesy but whodoesn't love a great.love story. Definitely a good summer read.
Tina Micheu
Tina Micheu rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2014
 Chele
Chele rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Mckenna
Mckenna rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2013
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Chipy02yahoo.com
Chipy02yahoo.com rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Annette
Annette rated it did not like it
Dec 21, 2013
Robin Moon
Robin Moon rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Silverana
Silverana rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2012
RMK
RMK rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
DeAnn Oneill
DeAnn Oneill rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
misty bryant
misty bryant rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
  • Return to Paradise
  • With a View
  • Holiday Rush
  • Angel Be Good
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • Christmas Cash (Raising Cain, #1)
  • The Christmas Catch (Holiday Brides #1)
  • A Dixie Christmas (includes Cajun, #7.5)
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • Catch That Santa
  • A Christmas Proposal (Hidden Threat, #1.5)
  • Romancing Rosalie: A Cascade Creek Christmas (The Ladies of Cascade Creek, #1.5)
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Daniel and the Angel (Christmas in the City, #1)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas
  • Miss Merry's Christmas
  • Dark Nights
  • Christmas Babies (Holiday Babies)
LILY GRAISON resides in North Carolina, a stones throw away from the Blue Ridge Mountains and a few hours from the Outer Banks. First published in 2005, her debut novel won a Reviewers Choice Award. The author of over a dozen published books, Lily writes in the Western, Contemporary and Paranormal Romance genres.

When not writing, Lily can be found at her sewing machine creating 1800’s Period Dress
More about Lily Graison...