Start by marking “Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies

Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Get the scoop on weight loss surgery
Your authoritative guide to weight loss surgery -- before, during, and after
Considering weight loss surgery? This compassionate guide helps you determine whether you qualify and gives you the scoop on selecting the best center and surgical team, understanding today's different procedures, and achieving the best results. You also get ti
Published April 27th 2011 by For Dummies (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies

Beauty Transforming
If you were only going to purchase one book related to WLS, THIS SHOULD BE IT!!
This book answers every question you need to know about weight loss surgery. It is fair to all the surgeries, even talking about the ones that aren't as popular or well known, such as the VBG and DS. It has great recipes that I can't wait to try after my surgery. There are chapters about how to use your tool correctly for the rest of your life... this book is a MUST HAVE for anyone considering any type of weight loss
Debbie Davies
Jun 15, 2014 Debbie Davies rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it!

This book is a huge source of information. If you are considering weight loss surgery you will find the answers to your questions here! Recommended by my surgeon.
Patricia Atkinson
Jun 08, 2015 Patricia Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book explains the pros and cons of weight loss surgery.it also gives you all the imformation that you need to have to decide if this is right for you.
Journey
Oct 20, 2014 Journey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gastric-bypass
It is very useful, use it as a reference book!
Andreacapozzi

I love this book..... It's been a decade since my surgery, but this was so helpful!!! I think anyone thinking of getting it should read this first though, life doesn't magically change just because you are smaller!!! So make sure that it isn't a choice based on looks!!! It should be a health option for people who can't lose weight and will die unless that happens. I wish I had done it through WW.
Mary
Good information in this book but does not discuss the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy except on one page. The new edition I believe discusses that surgery. There are some good recipes in this one that I will definitely have to try.
Sue
Apr 09, 2008 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sure I will pour over this book several more times. It includes recipes, questions to ask your surgeon, lists of foods to avoid, list of items to bring to the hospital...pretty much covers WLS from A to Z.
Lisa Gibson
Feb 26, 2011 Lisa Gibson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An essential book for anyone going through weight loss surgery. This will definitely be your go-to book through the entire process.
Stacy
Mar 09, 2012 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read book on Weight Loss surgery. Not too much detail but gives a good overview of options.
Jeanne
Sep 04, 2009 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good overview of all the basics for anyone interested in weight loss surgery.
PWRL
Apr 08, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Avi Hatfield
Avi Hatfield is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
laura Gilfillan
laura Gilfillan rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Dorri Bechtel
Dorri Bechtel rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Thomas M Keane
Thomas M Keane rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Angela lyshe
Angela lyshe marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
carol pinnone
carol pinnone marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
M. E. Barrena
M. E. Barrena rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Bret
Bret rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Lorna
Lorna marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Heather Weire
Heather Weire rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Christy Young
Christy Young rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Gary Nelson
Gary Nelson rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
mojo
mojo added it
Nov 14, 2015
ALESHA MORRIS-FINCH
ALESHA MORRIS-FINCH marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015