Holding Heaven: A Novella

Holding Heaven: A Novella

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Storyteller Jerry B. Jenkins and biblical artist Ron DiCianni transport you to the hardscrabble Middle East of the first century where you eavesdrop on interaction between a father and a son so profound that it will forever change how you view the Incarnation.
Published November 4th 2005 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Holding Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding Heaven

Allen Steele
This was a very good guess at what the life of Mary & Joseph went through in raising Jesus. We have no true account for this time, but the author did a good job of weaving in what we do know with conjecture. The gospel msg is also projected here and has many proofs for someone who is still on the fence. Good job, I liked it.
Ruth
This is written as a conversation between baby Jesus and his parents may have been like. Also later in life when Jesus was witnessing the last days of his earthly father. Really a good read and I plan on reading it again!
Theresa
A well written short nevella that tells the story of the relationship of Jesus and his earthly father, Joseph. It gives an insight into what Joseph might of felt and thought about being the "father" of Jesus.
Eric Reidsma
A short (72pages) fictional story about the relationship between Jesus and Joseph his earthly father. I know its fiction, but I love the writing style which gives us an inside view of the story.
Michelle Crane-burns
Beautiful, so wonderful to read what Joseph might have gone through as the stepfather to Jesus.
Sabrina
An interesting read, from the viewpoint of Joseph, father of Jesus. Left me wanting to read more.
Christy
Gorgeous illustrations. This is the Christ story from a different perspective.
Alex
A different way of telling the story of the birth and death of Jesus.
Donna Broadbooks
Gives you a dramatic look at the relationship of Joseph and Jesus.
Shelley
This is written from Joseph's point of view. It was interesting!
Lu
Feb 22, 2010 Lu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration, biblical
father/son bond joseph & jesus
Kathi
Very quick read. 1st half retelling of Jesus' birth, 2nd half telling of Joseph's death
Johnny C.
Johnny C. marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Kelly Klein
Kelly Klein marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Maria Bailey
Maria Bailey marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 16, 2014
Abe
Abe marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jerry Bruce Jenkins is an American novelist and biographer. He is best known as co-author of the Left Behind series of books with Tim LaHaye. Jenkins has written over 180 books, including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, and children's adventures, as well as non-fiction. His works usually feature Christians as protagonists. In 2005, Jenki...more
More about Jerry B. Jenkins...
Soon: The Beginning of the End (Underground Zealot, #1) Left Behind Series Hardcover Gift Set (Left Behind, #1-6) Riven The Vanishings: Four Kids Face Earth's Last Days Together  (Left Behind: The Kids, #1) Shadowed: The Final Judgment (Underground Zealot, #3)