Start by marking “Holding Heaven: A Novella” as Want to Read:
Holding Heaven: A Novella

Holding Heaven: A Novella

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Storyteller Jerry B. Jenkins and biblical artist Ron DiCianni transport you to the hardscrabble Middle East of the first century where you eavesdrop on interaction between a father and a son so profound that it will forever change how you view the Incarnation.
Published November 4th 2005 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Holding Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding Heaven

Nora St Laurent
I thought this book was really insightful into the intimate relationship Jesus has with Joseph his earthly father. It was a powerful message. It also gives you a glimpse as to what Jesus might have been like as a man.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guide
Holding Heaven wonderfully captures a husband's love for his wife and a father's love for his Son, then in turn a Son's love for His mother and His father, through two interactions between Joseph and Jesus. While the content and concept is a delightful one and the main intent is the authors' message, the construction is a little problematic as the author combines his own narrative with that of the Bible's and the transition from one to the other is not always a smooth one.
Allen Steele
This was a very good guess at what the life of Mary & Joseph went through in raising Jesus. We have no true account for this time, but the author did a good job of weaving in what we do know with conjecture. The gospel msg is also projected here and has many proofs for someone who is still on the fence. Good job, I liked it.
Angela Dueck
This was an okay book. I found it kind of interesting to read the incarnation story in the perspective of Joseph and Jesus' relationship. This book did, however, raise the question for me of how much Jesus knew of what was going to happen to him.
A conversation between Joseph and Jesus when Jesus was a child and when Joseph was old. An interesting and reflective read for this season!
This is written as a conversation between baby Jesus and his parents may have been like. Also later in life when Jesus was witnessing the last days of his earthly father. Really a good read and I plan on reading it again!
A well written short nevella that tells the story of the relationship of Jesus and his earthly father, Joseph. It gives an insight into what Joseph might of felt and thought about being the "father" of Jesus.
Eric Reidsma
A short (72pages) fictional story about the relationship between Jesus and Joseph his earthly father. I know its fiction, but I love the writing style which gives us an inside view of the story.
Michelle Crane-burns
Beautiful, so wonderful to read what Joseph might have gone through as the stepfather to Jesus.
An interesting read, from the viewpoint of Joseph, father of Jesus. Left me wanting to read more.
Gorgeous illustrations. This is the Christ story from a different perspective.
A different way of telling the story of the birth and death of Jesus.
Donna Broadbooks
Gives you a dramatic look at the relationship of Joseph and Jesus.
Shelley R
This is written from Joseph's point of view. It was interesting!
Feb 22, 2010 Lu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration, biblical
father/son bond joseph & jesus
Very quick read. 1st half retelling of Jesus' birth, 2nd half telling of Joseph's death
Ravi added it
Aug 24, 2015
Maria added it
Jul 22, 2015
Lynn Mcmonigal
Lynn Mcmonigal marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Lazelle Coetzer
Lazelle Coetzer marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
John Williams
John Williams is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jerry Bruce Jenkins is an American novelist and biographer. He is best known as co-author of the Left Behind series of books with Tim LaHaye. Jenkins has written over 180 books, including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, and children's adventures, as well as non-fiction. His works usually feature Christians as protagonists. In 2005, Jenki ...more
More about Jerry B. Jenkins...
Soon: The Beginning of the End (Underground Zealot, #1) The Vanishings: Four Kids Face Earth's Last Days Together  (Left Behind: The Kids, #1) Riven Left Behind Series Hardcover Gift Set (Left Behind, #1-6) Shadowed: The Final Judgment (Underground Zealot, #3)