Start by marking “Is God Calling Me?: Answering the Question Every Leader Believer Asks” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Is God Calling Me?: An...

Jeff Iorg

Is God Calling Me?: Answering the Question Every Leader Believer Asks

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Is God calling me? It’s the foundational question that must be answered by anyone considering entry into ministry leadership and then revisited regularly over a lifetime. Writing to a student and young adult audiencealthough applicable to leaders of all agesIorg declares the purpose of his brief, yet powerful book:

God is calling out a new generation of kingdom leaders who

Published June 1st 2008 by B&H Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Is God Calling Me?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is God Calling Me?

Rob Sumrall
MUST READ FOR CHRISTIAN LEADERS

Few things can be more confusing than working through the idea of God's calling to ministry. Sadly, men and women that struggle with this call don't have many reliable places to turn. Sometimes family can give less than godly advice. Other ministers can even confuse the situation with advice that is rooted more in their subjective experience than in the Word of God.

Jeff Iorg offers sound biblical insight into the issue of "calling." This book should be required rea
Jes
This is a book I read by request for a small group. I didn't quite agree with everything in the book - or at least my interpretation of what was written - but all the scripture backed up what I believed to be true here. This is going to be a good foundation of knowledge for me in my bible study group, and I'm glad I read it.
Nicole
a Must Read for any Christian leader

Very helpful and insightful and would be highly recommended for anyone wrestling with their calling in life and ministry. Quick read full of tangible wisdom and practical advice. Jeff Iorg is a humble author with sage wisdom.
Jamie K
Very helpful little book. It was short and answers the most common questions regarding calling. He explained his concepts very well and it's a clarifying, helpful book.
Matthew
Jan 28, 2015 Matthew rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Matthew by: Jody Livingston
such an honest and refreshing look at this idea of Calling. I am so grateful to have read it. It has been encouraging to me personally and professionally.
Adrienna
Great read and finished in a few hours! Loved it.

p. 28 "All believers share a universal call to Christian service, some are called to ministry leadership, and those called to ministry leadership will be called to a specific assignment.
Paul Kelly
Very useful little book that addresses how to know if you are called to ministry leadership written by our president at Golden Gate Baptist Theo. Seminary. Some very useful distinctions and directions in the book.
Ken Smith
I read it tonight when I got off work. I couldn't put it down. Anyone considering entering ministry (or running from it) should read this book.
Benjamin
Good introduction to the universal calling of God, and to the calling of God to ministry leadership.
Steven
Quick read good for someone who is questioning what is the call of God on their life.
Daryl Watts
Great book for college students or young adults considering whether they are called.
Duncan
Duncan is currently reading it
May 22, 2015
Floyd
Floyd is currently reading it
May 14, 2015
Andrea Johnson
Andrea Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Emily
Emily added it
Feb 13, 2015
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Darlene Vinson-nelson
Darlene Vinson-nelson marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Tony Villatoro
Tony Villatoro marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Cheryl Barnes
Cheryl Barnes is currently reading it
Nov 04, 2014
Jamie Wagner
Jamie Wagner marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Character of Leadership: Nine Qualities that Define Great Leaders The Painful Side of Leadership The Case for Antioch: A Biblical Model for a Transformational Church Live Like a Missionary: Giving Your Life for What Matters Most The Painful Side of Leadership: Moving Forward Even When It Hurts