Start by marking “Sally Ride: Shooting for the Stars Great Lives Series” as Want to Read:
Sally Ride: Shooting for the Stars Great Lives Series

Sally Ride: Shooting for the Stars Great Lives Series

2.67 of 5 stars 2.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Sally Ride

Shooting for the Stars

Astronaut Dr. Sally Ride took a deep breath and nervously waited as the powerful engines of the Space Shuttle Challenger roared to life. This was the most frightening, yet exciting moment of Sally's life! She was determined to prove that an American woman could perform in space as well as a man.

Countdown to History!

Sally Ride: Shooting for t...more
Published December 22nd 2010 by Ballantine Books (first published August 12th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Sally Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sally Ride

Brittney
This book, "Sally Ride" takes the reader on the life journey of astronaut Sally Ride. She was the first woman astronaut to fly in space. Sally Ride shares with the reader the breath taking experience of being an astronaut. I would use this book in my classroom when teaching about women in history or just a simple space lesson.
Lily
This book made me want to be an astronaut, until I realized my poor vision would prevent that from ever happening. :(
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Ollie added it
Feb 25, 2012
Sarah added it
Oct 24, 2008
Hearing (Hurwitz, Sue, Library of the Five Senses (Plus the Sixth Sense).) Careers Inside The World Of Entrepreneurs Sight (Hurwitz, Sue, Library of the Five Senses (Plus the Sixth Sense).) Smell (Hurwitz, Sue, Library of the Five Senses (Plus the Sixth Sense).) Touch (Hurwitz, Sue, Library of the Five Senses (Plus the Sixth Sense).)