Start by marking “Anders” as Want to Read:
Anders

Anders (Dragon Age II Prequels)

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Prequel short story to Dragon Age II, introducing one of the characters. Anders was originally in Dragon Age: Awakening, so this is a bit of a transition story.
Published 2011 by Bioware

To ask other readers questions about Anders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anders

Emily
Mar 11, 2012 Emily rated it did not like it
Despite my support for Hepler as a writer for Bioware I just can't get on board with what she did with this character. This short story attempts to fill us in on exactly why Anders did a complete 180 in personality and to me it just felt too "hey what if this happened and we put it in the game!".

Here's the deal: when your fanbase expresses love for a character (in this case, Anders from the DA:Awakenings), you're not doing yourself any favors by completely changing said well-loved character int
This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For
Essentially an attempt to explain how certain events in Dragon Age II link to those from the previous game, the story lacks any depth. It serves more as the denouement of a better story we're not told than a story in-and-of itself.
Defira
Feb 20, 2012 Defira rated it it was amazing
A glorious introduction to my (two) favourite character(s), and a hauntingly brutal look at the depths the two of them will go to in order to achieve their goals.
Brooke
Feb 20, 2012 Brooke rated it really liked it
What could have happened to turn the seemingly carefree and sarcastic mage Anders of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening into the solemn, tortured soul we meet in Dragon Age 2? This short story from Jen Hepler is a haunting and unsettling look into the events leading up to Anders' departure from the Wardens and ably sets the stage for the world-changing events to come.
Tess
Feb 20, 2012 Tess rated it it was amazing
A really interesting look into his head, and great backstory for what we found out in the game. I do wish it was longer, though! Both because there is so much I want to know more about, and because I really enjoy Jennifer Hepler's writing style.
Cherie Brandseth
Feb 20, 2012 Cherie Brandseth rated it it was amazing
Meant to be read as an addition to the Dragon Age universe. A fantastic look into the mind of a tormented, complex, and intriguing character.
Rdjohnson
Feb 20, 2012 Rdjohnson rated it it was amazing
A great look into what happened to Anders before the game and teases you with insight into his character, and past.
DeCarabas
The way Anders/Justice's merger works can be vague in the game, so I appreciate getting a look from his POV in this story and seeing the way his perspective slides from one to the other. Essential reading for fans of Anders in DA2.
John
Mar 11, 2012 John rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: video gamers.
Recommended to John by: N/A
A fairly shallow read that most often leaves the reader asking "why would they do that?" against the characters personalities and the plots own direction. Heplers ability to confuse a reader rather than engross them and her abundant use of convenient plot devices without the common adage of (hanging a lantern on it) leaves you feeling dissatisfied overall. This particular story meant to explain the drama and hardship that helped shape an already well fleshed out character of yet another story en ...more
Miriam
Aug 13, 2015 Miriam rated it did not like it
Those of us who are in the fandom know well of the hatred and vitriolic sexism that has been spewed at Jennifer Hepler since she took over Anders. Let it be known that I believe she destroyed him- ruined him, deeply violated his character, and made his character a point of futile sadness for me forever. But I think it's a sin to use that huge and horrible debacle to slander her skill as a writer or a weaver of character. Hepler gave us some complex and beautiful characters, just as surely as she ...more
Cetskx
Feb 20, 2012 Cetskx rated it did not like it
All the positive reviews are her little fan base spamming false reviews, this text was terrible and I dislike her and her works entirely. She cannot write and doesn't deserve her job either.
Saoirse Sterling
Saoirse Sterling marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Unko
Unko added it
Jun 02, 2016
Vesper
Vesper rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Lavinia Georgescu
Lavinia Georgescu marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Rine Karr
Rine Karr rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Ahmed H. Mansour
Ahmed H. Mansour marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Lexi Manuel
Lexi Manuel marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Nix Phantomhive
Nix Phantomhive marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Elizabeth Hart
Elizabeth Hart marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Lina
Lina rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2016
Rosemary Banks
Rosemary Banks marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Kallia Mazi
Kallia Mazi marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Justyna
Justyna rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Mai
Mai rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Renato Dantas
Renato Dantas marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Daisy
Daisy added it
Jan 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Dragon Age II Prequels (7 books)
  • Aveline
  • Fenris
  • Isabela
  • Merrill
  • Sebastian (Dragon Age II Prequels)
  • Varric