Start by marking “The Old House at Mount Munecarthur” as Want to Read:
The Old House at Mount Munecarthur

The Old House at Mount Munecarthur

It is 1955, and deep in the Australian bush, an old stone house stands lost in a haze of yellow wattle blossom, unseen by a human being for more than thirty years. That is, until a lonely young girl comes upon it and begins to dream... At age sixteen, Alison is mature and independent beyond her years, having survived the death of her mother, then her father. Leading a ...more
Published May 10th 2011 by Tate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Old House at Mount Munecarthur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Old House at Mount Munecarthur

Paula Vince
Deep in the Australian bush, a beautiful stone house stands forgotten, still furnished just as the owners left it around the turn of the century. One day, 16-year-old Alison Ross chances upon it while she's out hiking. She begins trying to delve into the mystery of who the occupants might have been. Meanwhile, her stepmother, Julie, is secretively trying to figure out how to get rid of Alison, who she never really liked.

This is a lovely book on many levels. The descriptions of the Australian cou
Amanda Deed
Jan 14, 2013 Amanda Deed rated it really liked it
I'm so glad that I -- along with a fellow writer who happened to be with me at the time -- found this novel on the shelf in my local Christian bookstore. It is not so easy to find in general, unless you're looking online, but it is a gem.

Written in omniscient point of view, The Old House at Mount Munecarthur took me a little getting used to, as most of what I read these days is in deep third person. But once I adjusted, I became engrossed. This novel had all the elements that I love -- Australia
Helen
Jul 10, 2012 Helen rated it it was amazing

I loved this book. I couldn't wait to get into bed and curl up with it. Easy reading with the story flowing continuously. This is a genuine "feel good" read.
CLM
Jul 18, 2011 CLM rated it really liked it
Review to come
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2011
Anella
Anella marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2011
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Author Jennifer Genat is an Australian, and lives in country Victoria on a flower farm. She and husband Peter have four grown-up children, three still at home. She grew up on the edge of the bush and, like Alison, spent many happy hours exploring the old gold-mining areas around her home.

More about Jennifer Genat...