Start by marking “Nana, Tome 2” as Want to Read:
Nana, Tome 2

Nana, Tome 2 (Nana #2)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,229 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Dans un train à destination de Tokyo, nos deux Nana se rencontrent par hasard. Un peu plus tard, leurs chemins se croisent à nouveau, puis elles deviennent colocataires ! Voici l'histoire débordant de rêves et d'espoirs de deux jeunes filles, au prénom identique, qui "montent" à Tokyo.
Published January 24th 2003 by Delcourt (first published December 11th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Tome 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Tome 2

Sara
Ah, Nana, Nana.

The story of the two of them rooming in Tokyo is okay. Nana #1 is still annoying. Nana #2 is still super cool but sad inside. They're both looking for love. . . .

There were so many pages ripped out of this manga! Actually, there wasn't much lost as far as story continuity which is good.

I plan to watch the Japanese movie when I get it from the library. It will be subtitled in English. It's ages since I've seen a Japanese movie. Looking forward to it. Not sure if my husband will be
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
3.0 Stars
This volume felt a little more shallow than the first. However, I'm looking forward to reading further into this cute story.
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I rate this book 3.5 stars.

This one is definitely better than the first one, but it still didn't blow me away.

I had one problem, I don't like the way the characters speak, I don't know if it's because of the translation or if that's what the mangaka intended. All I know is that I don't talk like that (I'm going to be 20 in a little over a month). They kept saying stuff like, "that's cool, man." or "what's with that face, man." At first I didn't mind it, but then after the second time, I got real
J
After being without internet access for an unholy amount of time, I found myself digging through some books I hadn't touched or thought about in ages. NANA was amongst them.

Nana O. is still as great as I remembered her to be. I'm also feeling much more...sympathetic to Nana K. than I remember being but of course I don't think I became irritated with her until somewhere further down the line.

I found out with a bit of googling that 2013 showed some signs of activity on the part of Ai Yazawa. Her
Sara
I love these covers- so pretty!

So our 2 Nana's have met and become roommates. Nana Komatsu, a.k.a. Hachi, has developed quite the crush on Nana Osaki and is very devoted to her. Nana Osaki is carefree and haunted at the same time, and Hachi is unable to see it. Each chapter is written from Hachi's POV, looking back on her relationship with Nana- almost like a journal. This format keeps it interesting and makes you wonder where they are now.

Definitely better than volume 1, but still not phenomena
Ashley
Apr 17, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cute volume!!! If was so good to see how the two were able two interact with each other. This is probably going to turn out to be one of my favorite manga series.
Timothy Stone
Oct 25, 2014 Timothy Stone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The adventures of the two Nanas continue as they finally meet and begin their unlikely friendship in volume two of the fun manga. On a cold night with the snow blowing, the train from they both are taking to Tokyo is delayed, and so the seatmates, Nana Osaki and Nana Komatsu (eventually called "Hachi" by the other Nana) meet up and begin to talk.

After the train arrives in Tokyo, the two Nanas believe they never will see each other again. Somehow, they do, and they end up sharing the rent on a ra
Yoda Bor
May 05, 2016 Yoda Bor rated it it was amazing
C’est à peine le deuxième tome et c’est déjà un énorme plaisir de retrouver mes deux Nana qui partent à l’assaut de Tokyo.

Le récit est raconté du point de vue de Hachi, qui nous parle depuis le futur, et on s’attache donc à la suivre dans son installation chez Shöji et les premiers désagréments qu’elle rencontre.
Toujours aussi fofolle, elle passe évidemment son temps à se faire des films sur son petit ami et sa rivale virtuelle Sachiko.

Bien que les choses ne se passent pas aussi bien que prévu e
Jenny Clark
I love Nana O. It's kinda funny how they are both so inexperienced in living alone but yet Nana O is so cool and laid back with it and the table scene was awsome.Love how flawed Hachi is but yet she realizes it and tries to overcome it. Translation was meh but did not take too much away as they are country girls.
Cera
Nov 07, 2008 Cera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the tr
Maite
May 22, 2013 Maite rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-shelf, reviewed
En este segundo volumen de ナナ Nana, Ai Yazawa nos presenta el comienzo de la amistad entre 小松 奈々 Nana Komatsu, ahora ハチ公 Hachiko o simplemente ハチ Hachi, apodo que no puede ser más acertado por su parecido a una mascota ansiosa y hambrienta de atención y, quien le otorga este apodo, 大崎 ナナ Nana Osaki, que muy lejos de tener la actitud de un perro, actúa como un gato callejero: salvaje, libre y orgulloso.

Tokio como puesta en escena de dos extrañas: una, que lo ha dejado todo para perseguir un sueño
Trane
Feb 15, 2008 Trane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tokyo (pseudo) punks, the hair tribe, lovers of shojo manga, smilers
Shelves: manga-and-comics
I'm completely addicted to Ai Yazawa's shojo manga Nana. Nana is the story of two young women, both from small towns, who meet on the bullet train and end up moving in together in Tokyo. Nana Komatsu (a.k.a. "Hachi") is a small-town girl who has big city dreams of romance and leaving her old life (and self) behind, while Nana Osaki has come to Tokyo to try to find success as the singer of her (psuedo) punk rock band, Blast. This all sounds like pretty standard fare so far, but once you throw in ...more
Sarah Sammis
Jan 07, 2009 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
Back in July I reviewed the first volume of the shojo manga, Nana by Ai Yazawa. I had been interested in it since Amazon had recommended it to me but I didn't start the series until Dewey also recommended it.The series is rapidly becoming one of favorite "guilty pleasures." I plan to review more in the series over the course of 2009.

Nana Volume 2 finds both Nanas on the train to Tokyo. They expect to go their separate ways but fate (or the demon lord if you ask Nana Komatsu) brings them back tog
Valeriane
Mar 02, 2016 Valeriane rated it really liked it
Deuxième tome de cette série. Nana part à Tokyo et Nana part à Tokyo. Dans le train elles se retrouvent assises l'une à côté de l'autre et font connaissance. Est-ce une simple coïncidence que ces deux jeunes femmes, portant le même nom et ayant pris une décision similaire se retrouvent côté à côté pour un voyage vers une destination commune?
Arrivée à Tokyo, Nana-fleur bleu décide de se trouver un appart. Arrivée sur les lieux à visiter, elle tombe sur Nana-rockeuse qui comptait également louer c
Vicki
Jul 09, 2012 Vicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2012
In this volume both Nanas take off for the big city and find each other in Tokyo. The volume largely centers around the two's burgeoning friendship through the furnishing of their new apartment.

I think what I adore most about this series is the artwork. It is incredibly easy for Nana K. (aka "Hachi" as Nana O. nicknames her) to be seen as shallow and silly. However, the way she is portrayed (paticularly in scenes where she is alone) gives this wonderful beauty and fraility to her that causes the
Inkling
Aug 15, 2015 Inkling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A review of the first two volumes which seem to set up the story.

The first novel is cleverly divided into two parts: the two stories of the two girls who will become flat mates. That gives time for the reader to get to know the characters, their friends and their different backgrounds. Starting with the second novel you can see them interacting and it's genuinely entertaining. There's also a hint or two as to where this is going but I won't say anything so as not to spoil things for any potenti
Paige
Still no change from the Manga to the Anime, but I forgot how good the beginning of the story is before it gets all bad. In this one we get to see Nana and Nana meet and get a better introduction of all the characters. I'm ready for Shoji to show himself as a big jerk already but I'm enjoying the ride so far. Also I wish I knew Japanese because some of the phrases they translated into English sound so silly.
Saoirse
J'aime beaucoup ce tome, la rencontre entre les deux héroïnes, leurs caractères si différents et pourtant leur très bonne entente dès le début. Leur emménagement ensemble dans leur super appart, Yasu, Nobu... Bref, j'aime tout.
Qu'est-ce que ça fait du bien de retourner 8 ans en arrière !!
Unicat
Mar 12, 2014 Unicat rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas-comics
Une des mes séries de mangas préférées, sans aucun doute. Un shôjô qui peut paraître basique, mais comme il est tourné autours d'un monde musical, il est très spécial à mes yeux. De plus, cette série a bercée mon adolescence.
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 Bbabri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Egy óra alatt elolvastam. Imádom nézegetni a képeket, olyan szépek.
Ismét csak Anna, és Olivia dalait hallgatva olvastam ezt a részt is. Így sokkal jobban beletudom élni magam a történetbe.
Ez a kötet is amolyan ismerkedős, mint az előző. Hachi végre elindul Tokióba, csakúgy mint Nana. A vonatos rész elég jóra sikeredett, bár nekem inkább a kötet vége a kedvencem, amikor Nobu beállít a két lány lakására.
Tetszett, hogy a két lány összeköltözik, és együtt indulnak el, hogy mindenfélét vásároljanak a
Aleina
Feb 22, 2016 Aleina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Man, I really miss liking Shoji. He was awesome, but I also can see how much of a prick he was (though Nana didn't exactly help...) but this book series is wonderful!! So far the anime and manga are kind of lined up, and I'm happy about that. ^_^
Julie
Another good volume. I like both of the Nanas, as well as Junko and Shouji and Kyousuke. I'm rooting for Hachi-Nana especially, even though she can be dense and a bit of a dingbat. I think she's learning to grow up. Once again, the clothes and apartment furnishings are fun to look at.
Kereesa
Mar 17, 2013 Kereesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Nana and contemporary, adult romance
Recommended to Kereesa by: Christine Cornell
I'm still kind of shocked how good Nana is. It's so effortlessly wonderful in all the right ways, and is a really nice balance with comedy and some really crucial, serious issues. It's so fascinating the way Yazawa writes about insecurities, even if sometimes you feel a particular Nana is exaggerating them a bit, and her ability to write a series that feels real, honest, and really gets to the core of what it's like being a twenty year old out in the world and terrified of your future.

The art i
Kat
Jan 11, 2016 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un bon volume qui m'a bien fait rire, je trouve les dessins splendides.
Markus
Jul 10, 2015 Markus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the first one, but still really enjoyable!
Av Wexx
Jun 19, 2014 Av Wexx rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the NANA series. This did not disapoint.
Braden Baker
Jan 11, 2016 Braden Baker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fulfilling. Lovely. Wonderful.
Antoinette
Sep 26, 2008 Antoinette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: manga fans, best friends
Shelves: manga
Absolutely fantastic. During the first volume I could not figure out why Nana is so well respected. The story was ok, the characters were normal, and the plot seemed to be nothing special. However, volume two has completely blown me away. The friendship between the two Nana's is incredibly entertaining and touching. The dialog is very unusual, and compelling. I love the art, and the way photographs are used as some of the backgrounds. This is a manga unlike any other I have read, and I can't wai ...more
Ysabet
After the somewhat slow start in volume one, this is where the story really gets going as the two Nanas meet each other. Their friendship is the heart of the series; it becomes the thing their lives center on while other relationships come together and fall apart, and while the friendship itself goes through a huge array of change. This is a gorgeous, heartbreaking story about very believable, deeply messed-up people trying--with very mixed success--to make their way through life.
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Mars, Volume 04 (Mars, #4)
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 3
  • 恋だの愛だの 1 [Koi Dano Ai Dano 1]
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 16
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 5 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #5)
  • Princess of the Damned
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 6
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 3
  • Gravitation, Volume 08
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie
More about Ai Yazawa...

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 3 (Nana, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 4 (Nana, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 5 (Nana, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 6 (Nana, #6)
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Nana, Vol. 9 (Nana, #9)
  • Nana, Vol. 10 (Nana, #10)
  • Nana, Vol. 11 (Nana, #11)

“Vivienne Westwood, The Sex Pistols, Seven Stars, coffee with milk and strawberry cake. And Ren flowers.

Nana's favorite things never change.

It was so cool for someone like me who keeps on changing their mind.”
15 likes
“As expected life isn't that sweet at all.
When I came to Tokyo I thought I could achieve anything with my own two hands.
It's not like that. To get something in these hands, I have to fight a horrible fight. But... there's not much time to grab the things you want with your hands.
Why is that?
And more importantly what is that I want?”
10 likes