Start by marking “The Journey of the Raindrop” as Want to Read:
The Journey of the Raindrop

The Journey of the Raindrop

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  13 reviews
An enlightening and refreshing story of life from the point of view of the element of water. This short-short will cheer you up and change your outlook on life.
Published (first published February 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Journey of the Raindrop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journey of the Raindrop

Lisa Frase
This is a short story. It took about 15 minutes to read. It sounds like a children's story. In fact, you could read it to kids. I don't usually read short stories, but hey, it was free, and had good reviews and sounded like it might be uplifting (which I needed at the moment), so I downloaded it. The story may seem simple, but it really is a metaphor for life, and if you listen, you will hear the message of the story. It will speak to you and possibly touch you in a profound way. This little gem ...more
C.C. Thomas
I decided to read this book because of all the reviews that talked about the great motivational read. However, with my lenses of a schoolteacher, I saw it in an entirely new light.

In summary, it is the story of Little Raindrop, who falls to earth one day. He is startled and fearful and is swept along on his life adventure and misadventure.

This very short story would be a terrific teacher book. All the time I was reading, I kept picturing lessons on personification, onomatopoeia, story sequencin
Suzanne
May 20, 2011 Suzanne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I love this short book because I wrote it. You will love it too. It will make your day!
Pete`
I love this book because my wife wrote it. No, really it's a great short story.
Ruby
Well, this was a short story about the life of a raindrop. The raindrop went through life just like we humans do, not knowing where to go, what is going to happen and sometimes getting stuck in one place with no one to help you except yourself…
Jen
Jan 03, 2013 Jen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Didn't do much for me. Another Kindle freebie short. It was too New Age-y for my taste. I'm also not in search of myself and my path, so I may not have gotten out of this what others may benefit from. Not bad, but it didn't wow me.
Linda
This is a cute short story. As an adult, I enjoyed it, but thought it would be enjoyed even more by children. Follow the raindrop after it falls into a river and see lesson it learns along the way.
Darlene
Cute little story to entertain. But I will keep it in my Kindle for when I feel the need for inspiration. My life as a raindrop has been as random and directed as the main character in the story.
Jan McClintock
This parable is a simple, short story about a raindrop making its way in life. It was an excellent, relaxing read and and uplifting end to my day.
Cathy
A nice story about the journey of a raindrop.
It doesn't compare well with the story of a snowflake that I read some time ago.
Vaughn
A fun, inspiring short book... literally a 5 to 10 minute read. The path isn't always as complex as we make it out to be.
Jayne
free kindle download - it was ok
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
*o_t_a_k_u*
*o_t_a_k_u* marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Jen Cragen
Jen Cragen marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Life Is a Piece of Pie in Your Eye: Slice of Life Stories How to Get Along with Yourself and Others: Wit and Wisdom for Natural Living Life is a Piece of Pie in Your Eye: Slice of Life Stories How to Get Along with Yourself and Others