Start by marking “The Vampire Diaries: Matt and Elena - First Date (The Vampire Diaries: Extras, #0.1)” as Want to Read:

The Vampire Diaries: Matt and Elena - First Date (The Vampire Diaries 0.1)

In a completely new story written specifically for this site, we get a look back in time to Matt and Elena’s first date, a year before Elena will meet Stefan. Matt takes Elena to the most expensive restaurant around, and finds that she isn’t the Ice Princess he’s been expecting. Cuddly, romantic—the greatest danger in this story is the risk of social humiliation.
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerAdrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle MeadShelby’s First Glimpse by Lauren Kate
Extras
107 books — 87 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsThe Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
Bookworm books
38 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Učitaj se!
Jan 27, 2017 Učitaj se! rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Simpa pričica, ali moglo se i bez svih tih silnih hvalospjeva Eleni. Ok, full je zgodna, we get it - now stop!
Jovy
Jun 19, 2013 Jovy rated it it was ok
Caterina Neko
Jul 13, 2011 Caterina Neko rated it it was amazing
Haha, this was quite a start for a series I've been planning to start for some time!

This short story describes the first date of Matt and Elena.
I don't know what will go on between them on the rest of the books, but this was really an ideal date.
Although, almost nothing went as planned, the author managed to show in the best way, that real feelings of love are not built in money and glittering things, but on smaller, that are more significant!

Towards the end, the story took a quite dream-like tu
Stephanie Barrios
Jul 25, 2014 Stephanie Barrios rated it it was amazing
Me ha encantado este libro y es que en todas sus páginas reía y no paraba de decir "Que bellos". Definitivamente me dio una nueva idea de Crónicas Vampíricas; solo con Matt y Elena se puede hacer una de esas obras de romance típicas y cliché del YA.

Matt, fue encantador en este libro o bueno, en realidad, siempre lo es, pero aquí me pareció un nivel superior (si así se puede decir), se nota que ama a Elena con todas sus fuerzas, ningún chico haría eso por cualquier joven (al menos que le guste),
Carly Fries
Jan 18, 2015 Carly Fries rated it really liked it
Before I Read the Book...

I could have read these extra prequel stories first, but I felt like since technically they were released later, that I should read the actual FIRST book, you know, first...

Summary of the Story

Matt takes Elena out on their first date and everything that could possibly go wrong does, but in the end those things end up being what makes the night perfect.

While Reading

(view spoiler)
Anonymous
I really didn't expect to LOVE this short story of Matt and Elena. I am not a fan of VD although I follow the story. I actually cried towards the ending. How freakin cute was these few pages. I always wondered how they started going out. I wonder if there is one where (view spoiler).
.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*:
As much as I don't care for her stories on her site, I'm willing to give this and Jez and Morgead's Night Out an chance. Hopefully they're an improvement like I've been hearing.

EDIT: Well, Jez and Morgead's story was an flop, Hopefully this one is better.
Annette
Dec 15, 2012 Annette rated it it was amazing
This was one of the sweetest, cutest and loveliest stories I've ever read! :D I already was in love with Matt Honeycutt, but this story made me even love him more. It was a dream to read it, perfect, tender, sweet and cute. To say it in style of the story: "It was dreamlike perfect!" I hope there is more stuff like this! :D
Mary
May 03, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-story
This was such a cute story! I loved the "rite of passage" (for lack of better explanation) the girls had for new dates. I wish my circle of girlfriends would have done that!! I also loved Matt's response.

Later on, I love the twist, and even better, loved the clever solution and ending.

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!!
Daiva
May 27, 2013 Daiva rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
A look back in time to Matt and Elena’s first date, a year before Elena will meet Stefan. Matt takes Elena to the most expensive restaurant around, and finds that she isn’t the Ice Princess he’s been expecting. Cuddly, romantic—the greatest danger in this story is the risk of social humiliation.
Maud
Nov 01, 2011 Maud rated it liked it
So cute! is what my first thought was after finishing the story. This is exactly how I imagined it would go, poor sweet Matt. I wished there would be more stories about those days, it sounds like Matt and Elena used to have a lot of fun together in the good old days.
Isabella
Aug 12, 2012 Isabella rated it liked it
Shelves: series, 2012
I absolutely loved this, I read it after reading the first book and think this really shows the real Elena. Although everything that could go wrong actually went wrong it was an amazing story with an adorable ending.
Sara
Dec 24, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
such a cute, sweet story. makes you really love the specialness that Matt and Elena shares, and makes it that much harder once you know that matt ends up losing Elena to Stefan. But, he's such a great guy. I hope he ends up with a good woman, like Bonnie! LOL!
Stef
Oct 10, 2011 Stef rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful book as all of L.J Smith books are, but this truely made me appreciate all of her other books more. It was a little bit corny in a few places but still a great book, it definitely told you more about Matt.
Dawn
Dec 04, 2016 Dawn rated it liked it
Matt finally got the courage to ask Elena out. He has it all planned...flowers and a fancy restaurant to impress his date. One by one as things fall apart, he realizes that Elena is not exactly what he first thought. She is better...
Racquel
Jan 12, 2012 Racquel rated it really liked it
Clorissa Rene'  Hurst
Mar 04, 2012 Clorissa Rene' Hurst rated it it was amazing
Well I never really gave much thought to Elena and Matts old relationship since it practically ended before the books began, but this was really cute. It makes you appreciate their connection and now friendship.
Jessi Rose
May 22, 2012 Jessi Rose rated it liked it
This was a fun little story to read. In the books, Matt and Elena's past is never shown in detail, so I love that Lisa Smith put this out. I loved Matt and Elena's innocent romance. It differs greatly from the love she eventually shares with the Salvatore brothers. Great little story!
Marjolein
Apr 12, 2013 Marjolein rated it really liked it
Really nice story! I liked the character development/description, especially from Elena. It fits really nice with who she is in the books.
Katherine
Apr 03, 2013 Katherine rated it liked it
a cute little date between Matt and Elena :), i think they would have been cute together, but then there wouldnt be much of a book series.
Stephanie
Sep 07, 2012 Stephanie added it
Shelves: 8th-grade
It was so cute! Poor Matt, the gypsy was right though, he does still stick around, just not with Elena.
Nov 11, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
I loved this short story from the series it was very sweet but kind of made me regret that they aren't actually together in the main books as they seem to suit each other really well.
Mollie
Jun 28, 2011 Mollie rated it liked it
Very cute short story about Matt and Elena that gives them a better background and more insight into their characters.
Bethany
May 01, 2012 Bethany rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012, 4-star
This was a cute little story and was a good introduction to The Vampire Diaries series. It also helped you get to know the characters of Matt and Elena better.
Amanda
Nov 20, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
This was a great sneak peek into the history behind Matt and Elena as a couple before Stefan, and before her parents died.
Aileen
Jun 05, 2012 Aileen rated it liked it
Cute, gave you a chance to see a different side of Elena BEFORE she went all Stefan and Damon crazy.
Megha
Megha rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Mariah
Mariah rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
  • 100% The Vampire Diaries: The Unofficial Guide To The Vampire Diaries
  • Love You to Death Season 2: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries
  • Old Habits (Wicked Lovely, #2.6)
  • A Visitor's Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
  • Wild Men of Alaska (Wild Men of Alaska #1-4)
  • The Witch Sisters (The Taker, #2.5)
  • Lost Girls (Drake Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Volume 3: My Secret Life
  • Shelby's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.1)
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • Black Blood (The Last Vampire #2)
  • Chicks Kick Butt
  • Oblivion (The Witches of Santa Anna, #13)
  • Wicked Pretty Things: 13 Dark Faerie Romances
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

The Vampire Diaries (4 books)
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2)
  • The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3)
  • Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #4)