Start by marking “魔法少女かずみ☆マギカ ~The innocent malice~ (1) (まんがタイムKRコミックス フォワードシリーズ)” as Want to Read:
魔法少女かずみ☆マギカ ~The innocent malice~ (1) (まんがタイムKRコミックス フォワードシリーズ)

魔法少女かずみ☆マギカ ~The innocent malice~ (1) (Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A girl is surrounded by the darkness, with voice calling her out from somewhere. She escapes from the darkness that is inside a suitcase, what appears before her eyes are an unknown room and an unknown man. Only fragments of memories are left...and her name.

Published May 12th 2011 by 芳文社 (first published 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about 魔法少女かずみ☆マギカ ~The innocent malice~ (1)

When I first had the pleasure of watching "Puella Magi Madoka Magica", I was floored by the skill that went into taking an overused anime trope and dissected it into what was surely a work of art. Later I purchased the three volume manga series and enjoyed how well the story had been translated.

Naturally, the idea of a sister series involving a team of magical girls in contract with another incubator (Jubei) was enticing. Unfortunately, if you are new to this series, you will most definitely be
Jul 19, 2013 Skjam! rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Puella Magi Madoka Magica fans
A couple of years back, there was a surprise hit anime titled Puella Magi Madoka Magica. While many magical girl stories have dark undertones beneath their fluffy, candy-colored exteriors, Madoka went full on into very dark places by twisting some of the standard genre cliches. I won’t spoil those plot points here, just in case.

Kazumi takes place more or less in the same world as the Madoka series. Young Kazumi wakes up to find herself stuffed in a trunk, naked, and with no personal memories bey
This spin-off series of Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol. 1 is good, but it missed some opportunities to be amazing.
(view spoiler)
Holly Letson
Kazumi being an amnesniac was an interesting angle for them to take, in order to spoon-feed us a complete explanation of everything magical-girl that involves her and her friends. But, it worked. It worked really well. And, it keeps you engrossed in the story.

I will definitely be continuing this series.
Aug 04, 2013 Kereesa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Über fans of Puella Magica
Recommended to Kereesa by: Jay
I liked Puella Magi Oriko Magica, Vol. 1 more, but this was a cute start to a much more lighthearted Magica narrative.

For once people aren't dying! Yay! Or rather, boo. I mean its sad when people die, but this series is kind of filled with panty shots and crazy shenanigans.

I mean granted it is fun and cute and all that, but I hope it gets darker.

It just wouldn't be Magica without a little blow-your-mind-what-is-this-madness going on.

Here's to hoping the panty shots decrease! Or else I'm going
Sabrina White
Oh my god a series worth reading. A spin off with five volumes? Count me in! Kazumi Magica is, in my opinion, way better than Madoka Magica. It's more intense and confusing while the characters make you want to go crazy!
William Lane
I loved the book how the main character named Kazumi is trying to recover her memories. but along the way she faces trials along the way with her friends Umika and Kaoru against creatures called Witches and pseudo witches
I didn't read the original Magica series, but this one is a stand-alone. So far the story is pretty good, and I'm considering reading more of it.
Kind of disappointed by this series. It's like the fanservice version of PMMM with none of its charm or heart or even a plot that makes sense.
some areas of the plot were lacking, but the story was enjoyable.
Kayla Eklund
I am one of the biggest Madoka fans that you will find. I love the anime, and the manga. When I found out about this spin-off, I ordered it from the library right away. I enjoyed it. It was different from Madoka, yet still good. I really enjoyed how the manga-ka incorporated food into the manga. The only thing I was really disappointed about is that Kyubey wasn't in this. I hope they turn this into an anime at some point.
Despair Speaking
I didn't like this like I liked the original Puella Magi series. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not as dark, deep, and heartbreaking. In fact, it's not sad. Still, it's interesting in its own right. I wish we could have known more about the guy who found her though.

This manga is mainly about Kazumi, her attempt in remembering who she is, and her friendship with two other Puella Magi.
Halley Todd
I was pretty disappointed in how fan servicey this first volume is. this takes away from the story and tone that made the anime so great. I will try the second volume, but I am doubtful about the quality of the story that is being sacrificed for the fan-service that the artist is doing to fulfill their own wishes:/
Lottie Eve
Love it! Kazumi Magica definitely shows the lighter side of being a Magical Girl (well, so far, at least...) I just don't like Kazumi's outfit when she is in Magical Girl form... When she is battling, that tiny skirt and revealing shirt (if it can be called a shirt) is not going to help her!
I can't decide whether I like this or Madoka Magica more! Much more enjoyable than I originally thought, and wow I love Mirai Wakaba. She is me, I am her.
Malcolm Ross
This series is not as good and the previous one (so far). But it has a lot of potential.

Here's hoping it keeps up.
Sexier costumes! Darker plot lines! More mysterious characters! I want an anime of this RIGHT NOW!
fan service. this story. amnesia and tag team powers.
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Adriana Moreno Vera
Adriana Moreno Vera marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
FANP is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2015
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Anne marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Cherri marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
  • Night of the Beasts, Vol. 1
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーンショートストーリーズ 2 [Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Short Stories 2]
  • DRRR!! Durarara!! 4 (Durarara!! Manga, #4)
  • Hayate the Combat Butler, Volume 1
  • Pokémon Adventures, Volume 37
  • Princess Princess: Volume 1
  • Silk, Vol. 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon
  • Lizzie Newton: Victorian Mysteries Vol. 1
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Massacre Arc, Vol. 1
  • Crimson Empire Vol. 1: Circumstances to Serve a Noble
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 09

Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice (5 books)
  • Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, Vol. 2: The Innocent Malice