Start by marking “Secrets of the Vine for Women: Breaking Through to Abundance” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Vine for Women: Breaking Through to Abundance

Secrets of the Vine for Women: Breaking Through to Abundance

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The Abundant Life Awaits You...

Published April 19th 2011 by Multnomah Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Vine for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the Vine for Women

Fylvia
If you’ve read Secrets of the Vine by the author’s husband, Bruce Wilkinson and get the concept of living a life of dependency of Jesus, then don’t get his book. But if you’ve read it and still don’t understand how to make time for Jesus in a crowded life of demands made of you as wife, mother, caregiver and breadwinner, then get yourself a copy of this book.

Expounding on it predecessor, this book deals with more of the practical barriers that keep us from letting go and letting Jesus direct our
F.A.
I couldn't not get into this book simple because,basically I was trying to understand where it was going.It talks about a vinyard, the growth of it,but it its being compared to the teachings of the bible.When it was talking about the vineyard it was as though she was (the author) refering to her past as a child. Then it goes on to quote some scriptures frome the bible.Then she poses question in the book as though(the author) is tryng to connect with the reader.After that it explain a couple of s ...more
Taunya R
ut, what does “abundant” mean? How do you get an abundant life? Is it even possible to know an abundant life when it seems like you’re always facing another series of disasters?

Darlene weaves John 15 with the story of a vineyard. As the father and daughter walk among their vines, you learn about pruning, watering, and grafting; all important pieces of a bountiful harvest. Each chapter tells a part of the story and provides more scriptural references to the concepts addressed. The goal is to intr
Sally
Talking with His disciples the night before He died, Jesus used a vineyard analogy to reveal His plan to bring every one of His followers to a place of genuine spiritual abundance. But if we don't understand how God works in our lives to bring that wonderful harvest about, we can actually work against His good hand in our lives without ever knowing it.

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser… I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit…"
Tracy Smith
To follow the three seasons of God's vineyard will bring you a life filled with purpose and love.

This small devotional shows the parallels of raising a productive harvest of grapes to the ways in which we as women should live our lives to have a deeper connection with Christ. It gives wonderful examples of what discipline, pruning, and gaining abundance is all about in our daily lives.

The part that really hit home for me was the Mary and Martha story. I do believe that we get caught up too muc
Abbie Riddle
I have read the Secrets of the Vine book, as well as the children's edition. So when I saw this as a book to review I took the opportunity. I am extremely glad I did. This book is just the right size for a quick read. The author's writing style keeps the book from being overwhelming in theology. Everything is very simple to understand and is uplifting and encouraging. I would highly recommend this book to every woman - we could all use a little encouragement from time to time. I did especially e ...more
Kasia Hubbard
I won this on Goodreads. What a blessing to receive this book. It takes you on a personal and spiritual walk through John 15, through the conversation Jesus had with his apostles about how He is the vine and we are the branches. Starts off with a refreshing story of a daughter and her father, how she leaves the city to return home for the grape harvest. Then it starts into the text, including several bible references to illustrate her point, as well as real testimonies to show how others have be ...more
Kristine Coumbe
I have been trying to think how to express my pleasure and gratitude for a wonderful book called "Secrets of the Vine for Women." I did not know what to expect until I started reading and I found that the book is extremely relate-able and accessible. I have a deeper understanding of John 15 and other Bible scriptures mentioned than before. Also, this book will be excellent to use with daily scripture study as the author advises on page 87 in chapter 5. I feel the author Wilkinson teaches us how ...more
Eileen Granfors
I won this book on goodreads, and the publisher got it here in a hurry!

While I have already read and enjoyed Bruce Wilkinson's "Secrets of the Vine," I got a lot out of Darlene Marie Wilkinson's "Secrets of the Vine for Women."

Specifically, she uses examples from everyday women's lives to show how episodes of both pruning and growth occur in all our lives. The pruning may be painful, but the result is fuller growth.

I also liked the way she suggested taking 60 seconds out here or there to assess
Danielle Decker
Darlene Marie Wilkinson brings to life a story of a vinedresser and his daughter to portray and teach how God cares for us. Learn more about the fruits that you could be planting and harvesting for our Heavenly Father.
Stacy
I'm not usually one for reading Christian books but i truly enjoyed this one. I am so glad that I got it in A Goodreads Firstread giveaway. This book simply put guides the reader as to why things happen or don't happen on your journey with God.

The thing I am taking away is that God wants us to be abundantly happy in our lives. But he also wants to remind us to focus on the important stuff of doing his will/work.

Often I read books with Bible quotes in them that are not very relevant. Secrets of
Alyssa
Starting 5/20/11.
Thanks goodreads and Multnomah Books for getting this book to me! I am excited to get started.
This book was okay. Very short, and even being for that short it took me awhile to get through it. It kept referencing another book, Secrets of the Vine, that I hadn't read, or in honesty hadn't even heard of. I feel the author was too 'touchy-feely', which is odd coming from me the Emotional Woman. I didn't understand the 'fiction' sections of the book and felt they could have been l
Heather
This book is based on John 15 from the scripture, and guides you through the "vineyard" speech that Jesus made the night before He died.

I loved the imagery in this book, the use of the girl and her father in his vineyard to help visualize and explain the meaning of the words spoken by Jesus to his disciples.

This book is very easy to read and brief, covers a beautiful and inspirational speech, and offers up what every woman can take from the words that Jesus spoke.
Briana
May 13, 2011 Briana marked it as to-read
Woot!!!!!!! I just won this book on Goodreads Giveaways! I can't wait to read it! Thank you for the opportunity to win great books!! <3
Tina
I enjoyed the simple beauty of this book. It was an easy read, but very powerful.
Teena Patton-floyd
Teena Patton-floyd marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Heather Browne-Rawlins
Heather Browne-Rawlins marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Iris Watson
Iris Watson marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Asam Asam
Asam Asam marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Kris Santiago
Kris Santiago is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2013
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Deena Pond
Deena Pond marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Layfun
Layfun marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Prayer of Jabez for Women Secrets of the Vine for Women The Prayer of Jabez for Women Study Guide La oración de Jabes para Mujeres Breakthrough: Set B (The Prayer of Jabez/Secrets of the Vine/A Life God Rewards)