Balancing Act

Balancing Act

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"A twist of fate"A promise to her sister sends rising ballet star Cheryl Steele temporarily back to the hometown she fled years ago in disgrace. Then an unexpected snowstorm and an injured foot land her in the home of Sam Hardin.

Sam's two little girls wrap themselves around her heart...while they scheme to make Cheryl not a guest or temporary nanny, but their new mom. But...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

Judy
Balancing Act by Patricia Davids, Harlequin Heartwarming. First released as Love Thine Enemy (Love Inspired).

Cheryl Steele has a new life as a ballerina. She is no longer Cheryl Thatcher from Kansas. Her sister Angie is getting married in Witchita and then Cheryl will return to her role as lead dancer in Alice in Wonderland as they tour eight states. Ballet brings joy in her life, at least while she is on the stage. She is determined to keep her past buried even if it's buried alive.

Angie tries...more
Judy

Angie tries...more
Rhonda
5 STARS
Its a family romance on a ranch. With twin little girls, bulls wearing nail polish and throw in cattle rustlers. Makes for a fun enjoyable story.
Cheryl Steele goes to her sister wedding and has to drive aways to get to her ballet performance. She has a starring role in the traveling ballet. Angie tries to make her sister promise to go out to the ranch where they used to live. Cheryl keeps telling her no but finds her almost to the ranch and she turns the car around in the snow and hurry d...more
Kate
I know of Patricia Davids and her writing from her 'Love Inspired' novels: romances produced by the Harlequin company that have an emphasis on faith. This book was from a line of Harlequin books called 'Harlequin Heartwarming'. The premise is almost the same: a sweet, clean romance; but the faith element is not featured.
I have to say, I missed the discussion of faith. Yes, the characters in this novel exhibited character growth (forgiveness, learning to trust, etc), but there was just that littl...more
Alex
The Deal: Cheryl Steele planned to just make a small detour for her sister's wedding and leave Kansas and her past behind for good, focusing on her ballet tour and the part of her life.

But her sister makes her promise to visit their childhood home, and taking that turn of the road results on Cheryl getting into an accident and landing in the care of Sam Hardin.

Cheryl has a bad history with the Hardins, and the people of their small town, most of whom turned their backs on her mother and her wh...more
Englishrose
This was a cute, fun read that I really enjoyed. Building off of a basic idea of being stranded, the author was able to pull in aspects of the characters' past and present to create a pleasantly complicated plot. The characters had enough depth to be interesting and understandable. Cheryl and Sam have a cute interplay between them. The romance is sweet and light and has your heart wrenching along with theirs. Side characters fill the story in nicely and made me wonder if the author ever wrote ou...more
Ellen Sara
This one was super sweet. I loved the twins! Cheryl was a good heroine. I enjoyed her battle between her goal as a dancer and the new possibilities Sam and his girls offered her. It is nice to read books where people have to face a past they would rather forget. I liked the ending too. Sometimes going for a new dream doesn't mean abandoning the old one. I really liked watching Sam and Cheryl fall in love.
Yukttha
Yukttha marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Julia Harrison
Julia Harrison marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Janet Page
Janet Page marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Icy
Icy marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Azgal81
Azgal81 marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Jane Hyer
Jane Hyer marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012
Cassie
Cassie added it
Nov 05, 2012
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Renee
Renee added it
Sep 14, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Nic Delaine
Nic Delaine marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
Book Lovin'
Book Lovin' marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2012
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2012
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2012
Shelena
Shelena marked it as to-read
May 04, 2012
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from...more
More about Patricia Davids...
Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1) An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3) The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2) The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)