Start by marking “Daoist Nei Gong: The Philosophical Art of Change” as Want to Read:
Daoist Nei Gong: The Philosophical Art of Change

Daoist Nei Gong: The Philosophical Art of Change

Nei Gong has been a well-kept secret within the Daoist sects of China for centuries. Based upon the original teachings of the great sage Laozi, it has only ever been taught to close students of the masters chosen as the heads of the ancient orders.

This book provides a breakdown of the entire Nei Gong process, and explains in plain English the philosophy which underpins Nei
Published July 15th 2011 by Singing Dragon

To ask other readers questions about Daoist Nei Gong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daoist Nei Gong

Foxthyme
Jun 02, 2012 Foxthyme rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Internal martial artists
This book is absolutely stellar. Damo Mitchell has the ability to write very simply about nei gong theory and practice. I am now at the point where I’m finished ‘reading’ and am beginning to work with the practices. I’ll keep you updated.

I’m including some vid links of Damo demonstrating Nei Gong, as well as other internal martial arts:

Dragon Dao Yin Exercises at /www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qql2Utycvjs
Daoist Nei Gong at www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWtU7n4wPc
Xingyiquan - Elements & Animals at www
Taylor Ellwood
Oct 08, 2016 Taylor Ellwood rated it it was amazing
Shelves: taoism
This is an excellent introduction to Nei Gong. While I've already had some experience with Taoist meditation, I found that all of the material was presented was very helpful in either introducing me to new concepts or getting me to think about what I already knew from a different angle. The exercises have also been helpful. I've integrated them into my daily process. I like the author's emphasis on tactile awareness. Too many books on this focus on visualization, so reading a book on this topic ...more
Luaba
Jul 10, 2012 Luaba rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enlightening
One of the most profound read I've ever read. This book has enrich my "spiritual quest" and added new aspect to that journey. The best explanation of the human energy system of meridians and centers are organized I've come across so far. Great straight forward explanations, great positive read, I've loved it. Thanks Foxthyme!
Jamie Rafeal
Feb 12, 2014 Jamie Rafeal rated it it was amazing
This book is easy to read and the most informative on Nei Gong I've personally read. Written from personal experience it really comes across that he knows what he's talking about. If you're reading this then you're interested enough to buy it, it's worth it.
Annabelle Herter
Jul 18, 2013 Annabelle Herter rated it it was amazing
This book complements my personal chosen way of further conditioning, cultivating and maintaining the inner development of my own body and mind. Straightforward and practical exercises that goes with any endeavor are provided for by a sincere and dedicated practitioner of the Art.
Steve
Good systematic presentation of traditional Taoist concepts. Helped me gain perspective from exposure to same via Bruce Frantzis. Want to go back and read the rest.
Andrea
Feb 27, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Without a doubt the best introduction to Nei Gong I ever found. Clear and complete for what a book can give. Helped me clear a lot of doubts on Nei Gong practice and theory.
Joshua
Nov 07, 2013 Joshua added it
Shelves: hippie, chino, ay13-14, qigong
Fantastic stuff. I'm not sure I can follow the external exercises based on the instructions/photos (my fault, not MItchell's), but the Sung breathing is remarkably clear.
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
TAAVI REMMELG
TAAVI REMMELG rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2015
Charles Parrent
Charles Parrent rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2012
Marismaris
Marismaris rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Greg Ward
Greg Ward rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Ray Ferguson
Ray Ferguson rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Aaron Fraser
Aaron Fraser rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
David Parker
David Parker rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
William Jr.
William Jr. rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Roy Hanney
Roy Hanney rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2013
Tyrannio
Tyrannio rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2012
Brynja Guðmundsdóttir
Brynja Guðmundsdóttir rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
Kent
Kent rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
David
David rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Mlabayru
Mlabayru rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Iwan Kuchenberg
Iwan Kuchenberg rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2016
Andrus Kiisküla
Andrus Kiisküla rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014