Start by marking “All That Remains” as Want to Read:
All That Remains

All That Remains (Count on a Cop #50)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Wren Fraser can think of better times to go into labor. Say, when she's not on the run, or when there's a hospital nearby. Better yet, when there's not a major flood trapping her in an abandoned house. She needs a rescue..."now!"It arrives in one Alec Harper. Strong, competent "and" good-looking, the detective keeps her safe and doesn't leave her side. He even takes in Wre ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about All That Remains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That Remains

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesSurviving Raine by Shay SavageUp Close and Dangerous by Linda HowardWithering Hope by Layla HagenAftershock by Jill Sorenson
Rescue Me -Romances In Disaster Situations
34th out of 196 books — 73 voters
The Gamble by Kristen AshleyA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrRide the Fire by Pamela ClareTwo Alone by Sandra BrownSurrender by Pamela Clare
Cabin Romance
36th out of 75 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

RLA
The heroine Wren is trying to drive through a torrential storm to get to the safety of her friends house. However, her car gets caught in a flood and she is forced into taking shelter in the attic of an abandoned home to avoid the rising water levels. To make matters worse she is in labour. The hero Alec has been working non stop for the last couple of days to help rescue people who are trapped due to the storm, he is about to give up when he sees Wren. Unfortunately, his boat and rescue equipme ...more
Lynette
ALL THAT REMAINS is an intelligent, emotionally satisfying romance that I zipped through. I have habit of starting books, putting them down and picking something else up and then not picking up the original book for a good long while. I never put down ALL THAT REMAINS, it captured my attention and held it.

ALL THAT REMAINS takes place in Arkansas (pretty sure it was Arkansas, but don't quote me) during one of the worst floods in a century. Wren, who comes to the state to meet up with her college
Anabella
Muy lento, mucha descripción, mucha historia de familia que no importa... Bonita la historia pero demasiado demasiado descriptivo y a veces desesperante porque sientes q no avanza ni pasa nada relevante
Rebecca
Another excellent read by Janice Kay Johnson. Well written, with interesting and beliveable characters. I found it to be a little more dark than some of her other books, perhaps because of the storm, and I had guessed the fate of the missing ex-boyfriend rather early in the book, but still, very enjoyable read.
Viohlet
I really enjoyed this.

The situation in the abandoned house's attic felt realistic to me, and not at all over the top or ridiculous. I also have to say that I LOVED the fact that the heroine's labor was realistically long and that the labor and birth weren't over and done with in twenty minutes like so many other novels out there.

I have to say, it came as no surprise to me that the heroine's psycho ex was dead. As soon as they had the three unidentified bodies in the morgue I figured one was him.
Rhonda
What a nightmare to be in labor and first trapped in car and getting out of the river finding a house thats empty. Lighting a fire in wood stove than waking up to water in house putting fire out. Finding a attic in dark and still having labor pains and being alone. Wren hangs a sheet out of the attic window. she got abunch of cloths and bedding and stuck what she could get in a hurry before to much more water got in the house.
Alec Harper is a police detective and has been rescueing people for a
Paige
Didn’t connect with this book quite as well as I would have liked. The premise was a good one, but I felt there was an elephant in the room way too much and the romance never really got going.

Facing a hundred year flood, Detective Alex Harper is out rescuing as many people as he can. It’s luck that he checks on an old abandon house just in case. There he finds Wren Fraser, pregnant and in labor.

While jumping to the attic window, the high current takes his boat with all his means of communicati
Janga
4.5 Stars

Wren Fraser is on the run, hoping to find a safe place with her best friend from college, when she’s caught in a flash flood. Her car runs off the road, and she takes sanctuary in an abandoned house. She’s alone in an empty house somewhere in Arkansas, with flood waters rising and labor pains getting stronger and closer together. Retreating to the attic, she hangs a white sheet out the window and hopes help will come.

Police Detective Alec Harper has spent three days rescuing stranded pe
Ellen Sara
Awww. I liked this one a lot. It was very sweet. I loved how Wren and Alec meet. They are thrown together in a very life-or-death situation. The experience together really forces them into a intense relationship. I loved that we were able to be with them after the danger had passed. We started to see how they would get along in a real life scenario. I loved that Wren really learned to stand on her own before being ready for a relationship. ALso it was good to see how Alec's character changed thr ...more
Melanie (Moviemavengal)
Really sweet romance between a cop and the pregnant woman he rescues in a flood. They are stranded together, and he has to deliver her baby. He has plenty of issues of his own, and when he offers to let her stay at his house while she's on the run from her evil ex, she really rescues him in the end.

Leisa
Wren and Alec are meant to be together, they just have a few obstacles to get over first. Like getting out of the attic that Alec delivered Wren's baby girl in when they were stranded by a hundred years flood.
Linda
This was a good story. I liked how both characters grew and changed. My only nitpick (and this is because I'm an OB nurse) was the delivery... what happened to the placenta? Just wondering....
Melann
Aussi insipide que sa couverture. Il ne s'y passe rien du tout.
Mais pourquoi j'ai eu envie de lire un Prelud' ? :/
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Count on a Cop
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Count on a Cop
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Keba
Keba marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Prasadinie
Prasadinie marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Janice Kay Johnson is the author of sixty books for children and adults. Her first four published romance novels were coauthored with her mother, also a writer who has since published mysteries and children's books on her own. These were "sweet" romance novels, the author hastens to add; she isn't sure they'd have felt comfortable coauthoring passionate love scenes!

Janice graduated from Whitman Co
More about Janice Kay Johnson...

Count on a Cop (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Cop of the Year (Bayview Heights #1)
  • Her Protector
  • Child of Mine (Count on a Cop) (Harlequin Superromance #782)
  • The Family Next Door