Start by marking “The Unofficial Guide: Walt Disney World 2012” as Want to Read:
The Unofficial Guide: Walt Disney World 2012

The Unofficial Guide: Walt Disney World 2012

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This best selling and definitive guide to Disney World is bigger and better than ever!Exhaustively researched and packed with insider advice that will save you both time and moneyTried and tested touring plans that save as much as four hours of standing in line in a single dayTips, advice, and opinions from hundreds of Walt Disney World guests in their own wordsAlmost 250 ...more
Published September 6th 2011 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about The Unofficial Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unofficial Guide

Janet
Jan 18, 2013 Janet rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone planning a trip to Walt Disney World
Disney World parks are huge and there is so much to see and do. Especially if you are a first-time visitor, you will be at a real disadvantage if you haven't done some prep-work. You're paying so much to be there, you want to be able to get the most out of the experience, and not waste time in long lines or at attractions that don't suit your interests.
I found this guidebook extremely helpful. It provides reliable descriptions of each resort, each restaurant, and every park attraction (including
Craig
If there were a way to give six stars I would totally do it here. It gave us such a great understanding of the parks that we were able to see and experience so much in our time there.

My people were bitching about the early mornings in my plans, but nobody bitched about riding marquee attractions with almost no wait! Our longest wait in four days at the parks was 25 minutes, and the average was less than that.

I said "That book is too thick!" and "I don't wanna spend $20 on a book about an amuse
Sharla
It may have taken me a year, perusing on and off, but I finally finished this massive guide book! It's stocked with facts about the parks, hotels, rides, experiences, dining, and tons of advice, both from an editorial perspective (via experience and survey data) as well as anecdotal tidbits. It's approached from a highly analytic perspective at times, with regards to optimal timing, touring, and the like, but also offers lots of information to help you determine the best plans for your own situa ...more
Ann
This is en excellent book for anyone going to Disney. Especially good for those going with more than 2 people or with kids. We followed her touring plans while there and saw almost everything we wanted to see and never waited more than 20 minutes for an attraction (during Spring Break no less). I highly recommend subscribing to the website (touringplans.com) and downloading the app so you can see real-time the line waits on your phone.
Red Tash
Definitely worth reading. Mine was tabbed and I wrote notes all over the margins. It was kind of like studying a college course, but at least I was prepared. I recommend the website TouringPlans.com, put out by the same people.

If I had to buy this book again, since I have four kids I would purchase the "with children" edition.
Lisa
When I had the libary hold this book for me I had no idea how thick of a book it was
So, no I did not read ALL of the book but I did flip through it. It tells what rides to go on first becasue they have the longest wait times that you will be in the line. I didn't like that they had you running on over the park for it though.
This book is huge! (850+ pages) It is a good read though, especially if you are planning a trip to Disney World! Great advice! I WILL be using the touring plans for my upcoming trip!
Rachel
By far the best Disney guide available. After 15+ trips to Disney World, I still learn new things each edition. The only guide book I've ever read cover to cover.
Beth
If you're a type A vacation planner, this book is for you. It includes detailed touring plans for saving time in line.
Jaclyn Davies
Very informative when planning a Disney World trip. Also love the website that accompanies it. (www.Touringplans.com)
Patty
The best guide to the Disney World Parks and a fun reference even without a trip planned.
Pam
Lots of really thorough information, and I really loved all the opinions on everything.
Warwriter
Oct 06, 2011 Warwriter added it
Shelves: reference
Excellent - though it's going to come with us to Disney.
Tricia
A+ The best Disney Guide book I could recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bob Sehlinger is the creator of the Unofficial Guide travel series and author or co-author of over 25 travel guides. He makes his home in Birmingham, Alabama, where the catfish are jumping and the cotton is high.
More about Bob Sehlinger...
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008 The Unofficial Guide: Walt Disney World 2013 The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014 The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2010 The Unofficial Guide: Walt Disney World 2011