Start by marking “Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Book & Dvd)” as Want to Read:
Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Book & Dvd)

Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Book & Dvd)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  280 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Paperback. Pub Date :2009-09-07 Pages: 32 Language: English Publisher: Walker Books No one is safe when Little Rabbit Foo Foo rides through the forest - hes wild. hes wicked. he wants to bop everyone on the head. Copy the actions ... play the game as you read. This book is a perfect riot. for rabbits and young readers alike.
Published September 1st 2009 by Walker Books Ltd (first published August 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Little Rabbit Foo Foo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Rabbit Foo Foo

Saoirse Sterling
Little Rabbit Foo Foo is an absolute little shit. Riding through the forest on his red motorbike, hitting all the inhabitants on the head with a red mallet, being the most anti-social Leporidae since Peter 'Quick Fingers' Rabbit and his Sylvilagus cronies, he doesn't care who gets hurt and even the Good Fairy can't psycho-analyse any kind of understanding.

My favourite book as a child, it is a wonderfully illustrated and splendidly rhyming tale of a naughty rabbit being a nuisance. I'm fairly cer
Stephanie Brush
Feb 28, 2016 Stephanie Brush rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cute story for the kiddos
read this book when I was in grade school
Alice Nachir
This book is a cheeky, fun short book which is simple to read. A naughty little rabbit called 'Rabbit Foo Foo' rides through the forest annoying all the other animals; from worms to tigers. He enjoys bopping them on the head with a mallet and rides away on his bike giggling at his antics.

A fairy comes down and warns Rabbit Foo Foo to stop bopping the animals over the head and gives him three chances to stop, warning him that she will turn him into a 'goonie' if he carries on. Little Rabbit Foo
Lucy
Sep 13, 2015 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little rabbit foo foo. This was a book about a little rabbit that loved to cause mischief, he rode through the forest and bopped innocent animals on the head. That is until, a good fairy came down and told little rabbit that he had three chances to change, although, this didn't happen and he continued to bop animals on the head. Even though he had been warned that he would have to suffer the consequences of being turned into a goonie. Little rabbit foo foo ran out of chances and got turned into ...more
Natalie J P
Jun 21, 2015 Natalie J P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pgce
This book focuses on Little Rabbit Foo Foo, a naughty rabbit who rides his bike through the forest bopping all the other animals on the head with a mallet.The good fairy comes down and warns Little Rabbit Foo Foo about his attitude; she gives him three chances to change and if he doesn't she will turn him into a goonie.
The book is beautifully illustrated and comes with a DVD with a sing along of the story.
I read this book at story time for reception children and linked learning activities throug
Susan Morton
Beware ... this book is an ear worm!
Brianna Upper
Dec 07, 2015 Brianna Upper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Holy cow I love this book. When I was young I learned how to read it and would read it over and over again to see how fast I can go. I still remember reading it fast and with tons of excitement. When I read the book I kind of sang it. This book can be a great book to have in a class, kids and sing it like I did. We can read it as a class or see who can read it the fastest. This is for sure going to be in my future class room. Now that I think about it I think its at home on my childhood book she ...more
Sabriena
Mar 19, 2013 Sabriena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is a retelling of the fairy tale that everyone (except my husband evidently) knows from their childhood. My husband picked this book out for the boy when we were in a thrift store and thought it was adorable. This is when I found out that he had no idea about the song and I was shocked.

Anyway, the boy loved this book a lot. The story is of course where Little Rabbit Foo Foo is going through the forest and picking up various animals and such and bopping them on the head. He gets three
May 02, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a hoot. Based upon the song "Little Bunny Foo Foo" that I sang to my sons when they were little, it takes the story one step further and sillier.

Rabbit Foo Foo is not a friendly fellow and he can't say he wasn't warned to knock off bopping other creatures in the head. In the end he gets his just desserts.

The story is cute and the illustrations spot on. My favorite illustration is the poor little wiggly worms with bumps on their little worm heads.
Marissa Saul
Feb 24, 2016 Marissa Saul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has always been a childhood favorite for me. The illustrations are captivating and detailed, making the text and pictures go hand in hand. Children will especially enjoy and remember this book because it has rhythm and melody with a strong moral lesson embedded within. It teaches kids to respect your elders and people around you through personifying different forest animals. It also extends and flourishes the imaginations of readers.
Jessica
Wonderful, cheeky, modern retelling of Little Bunny Foo Foo song. Rabbit Foo Foo rides through the forest on a motorcycle hitting the creatures that live there with a wooden hammer! Loved it, so did my son. I am trying to pass on my love of books to my children and am always impressed when one has my boy, who can't sit still for more then a second, shouting, "Read it again! "
April Smith
This is a book that a lot of children have probably heard a version of it. My husband taught my kids a similar version of this story. It has repetition and can be sang as if it is a song. You can put rhythm with it and the children will be more likely to remember it. I love how the book ends, "The moral of the story: Hare today, goon tomorrow."
Claire-Michelle Mann
my number one favorite book as a child, i felt sorry for foo foo for being turned into a goonie.
now i realise may be a bit violent as he hits people with a wooden hammer or mallet, whilst riding a motor bike but i really loved it.
Paul Grogan
Nov 05, 2014 Paul Grogan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The kids love hearing it and despite the fact I have to read the same books over and over again...I love reading this book! Funny, imaginative, fabulous pace. You're a naughty rabbit Foo Foo, but oh I do love reading about you!
Melissa kingham
Feb 07, 2016 Melissa kingham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story for children.

Funny story!! I met Michael Rosen on Friday!!! Such a brilliant, talented man :) will be buying many more off his books
Kelly
Jun 17, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Love to read it, my son (now 3) loves to hear it. Over and over again. He can probably relate to the rabbit with the bad attitude. :)
Louise Roberts
Feb 13, 2015 Louise Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little rabbit foo foo is a wonderfully devilish tale, about a mean bunny, and his faithful fairy god mother. This story has a lovely rhythm to it and can be read and even sung, to enhance children's enjoyment and make it more memorable. It's a lovely story to get involved in discussion about how to treat other people, and why it is important to be kind. The illustrations are magical, and the story calls upon goblins and even tigers!

This story can be used in class with younger children to discus
Samantha
Oct 05, 2014 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic children's picture book. One of my favourites from my own childhood. I can still remember all the words.
Debby
Aug 08, 2014 Debby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story which I have shared with my own children and nephews. This was a firm favourite and one which never gets old.
Simon Harris
May 28, 2013 Simon Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is pure genius, it will have the whole class joining in as the fairy warns Little Rabbit Foo Foo of the consequences of terrorising the other woodland animals and creatures. The illustrations are fantastic, and evoke a giggle as the children see Foo Foo blasting round on his motorbike - mallet in hand. On a serious note the story does reinforce the need for children to be aware of consequences, but it is light hearted and fun to read to a class. I read this to a year 1 class at the end ...more
Angela Hollen
I loved this book as a kid. It has a lot of repetition for beginning readers.
Alia
Jun 14, 2013 Alia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a brilliant book with charming animation . It offers a whole new storytelling experience. The best thing about this book is that it can be sung to the children. The children will love it. Little Rabbit Foo Foo is a bit of a bully to the wiggly worms, tigers, and goblins that live in the forest with him. He gets three chances to behave himself by the Good Fairy. He loses his three chances and gets turned into a Goonie. I would recommend this book for early years and KS1. This book can be ...more
Vivian
Apr 26, 2016 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Works well as a book and WIGGLE BREAK combo.
selda
it was easy and it took me 1 min to read it
Amina
Jan 08, 2016 Amina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listen to the Fairy Little Rabbit Foo Foo
Anne
Jan 19, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remember signing this to the kids I babysat for
Sara
Apr 18, 2016 Sara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What did I just read? So bizarre.
Leah
Mar 03, 2016 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Children just love this story.
Joanne
Jun 27, 2014 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now, this is a truly awesome kids book!
Aurelien
Dec 15, 2013 Aurelien rated it it was amazing
Little Rabbit Foo Foo is a naughty bunny riding his motorcycle like mad and, hitting the other animals for fun. You bet: the good fairy is not pleased at all!! What a great picture book! The moral is easy to understand and, the pictures are as funny as hell -the faces of the poor Rabbit's victims, the very crossed fairy, the annoyed little bunny and, the myriad of details hidden here and there... The whole is a fantastic and hilarious reading time where, even grown ups will laugh their head off. ...more
  • Biscuit Takes a Walk
  • Faeries' Landing, Volume 1
  • My Lucky Birthday
  • Ballerina Swan
2059918
Michael Rosen, a recent British Children’s Laureate, has written many acclaimed books for children, including WE'RE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, and I’M NUMBER ONE and THIS IS OUR HOUSE, both illustrated by Bob Graham. Michael Rosen lives in London.

More about Michael Rosen...