Start by marking “Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Book & Dvd)” as Want to Read:
Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Book & Dvd)

Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Book & Dvd)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Paperback. Pub Date :2009-09-07 Pages: 32 Language: English Publisher: Walker Books No one is safe when Little Rabbit Foo Foo rides through the forest - hes wild. hes wicked. he wants to bop everyone on the head. Copy the actions ... play the game as you read. This book is a perfect riot. for rabbits and young readers alike.
Published September 1st 2009 by Walker Books Ltd (first published August 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Little Rabbit Foo Foo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Rabbit Foo Foo

Alice Nachir
This book is a cheeky, fun short book which is simple to read. A naughty little rabbit called 'Rabbit Foo Foo' rides through the forest annoying all the other animals; from worms to tigers. He enjoys bopping them on the head with a mallet and rides away on his bike giggling at his antics.

A fairy comes down and warns Rabbit Foo Foo to stop bopping the animals over the head and gives him three chances to stop, warning him that she will turn him into a 'goonie' if he carries on. Little Rabbit Foo...more
Louise Roberts
Little rabbit foo foo is a wonderfully devilish tale, about a mean bunny, and his faithful fairy god mother. This story has a lovely rhythm to it and can be read and even sung, to enhance children's enjoyment and make it more memorable. It's a lovely story to get involved in discussion about how to treat other people, and why it is important to be kind. The illustrations are magical, and the story calls upon goblins and even tigers!

This story can be used in class with younger children to discus...more
Susan Morton
Beware ... this book is an ear worm!
Sabriena

This book is a retelling of the fairy tale that everyone (except my husband evidently) knows from their childhood. My husband picked this book out for the boy when we were in a thrift store and thought it was adorable. This is when I found out that he had no idea about the song and I was shocked.

Anyway, the boy loved this book a lot. The story is of course where Little Rabbit Foo Foo is going through the forest and picking up various animals and such and bopping them on the head. He gets three...more
April Smith
This is a book that a lot of children have probably heard a version of it. My husband taught my kids a similar version of this story. It has repetition and can be sang as if it is a song. You can put rhythm with it and the children will be more likely to remember it. I love how the book ends, "The moral of the story: Hare today, goon tomorrow."
Kelly
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Love to read it, my son (now 3) loves to hear it. Over and over again. He can probably relate to the rabbit with the bad attitude. :)
Lyndsey Miller
Spin off of classic tale, tried to make it funny. Moral of the story is you are not being nice and have been warned there will be consequences!
Samantha
Fantastic children's picture book. One of my favourites from my own childhood. I can still remember all the words.
Debby
A story which I have shared with my own children and nephews. This was a firm favourite and one which never gets old.
Simon Harris
This book is pure genius, it will have the whole class joining in as the fairy warns Little Rabbit Foo Foo of the consequences of terrorising the other woodland animals and creatures. The illustrations are fantastic, and evoke a giggle as the children see Foo Foo blasting round on his motorbike - mallet in hand. On a serious note the story does reinforce the need for children to be aware of consequences, but it is light hearted and fun to read to a class. I read this to a year 1 class at the end...more
Angela Hollen
I loved this book as a kid. It has a lot of repetition for beginning readers.
Alia
This is a brilliant book with charming animation . It offers a whole new storytelling experience. The best thing about this book is that it can be sung to the children. The children will love it. Little Rabbit Foo Foo is a bit of a bully to the wiggly worms, tigers, and goblins that live in the forest with him. He gets three chances to behave himself by the Good Fairy. He loses his three chances and gets turned into a Goonie. I would recommend this book for early years and KS1. This book can be...more
Joanne
Now, this is a truly awesome kids book!
Aurelien
Little Rabbit Foo Foo is a naughty bunny riding his motorcycle like mad and, hitting the other animals for fun. You bet: the good fairy is not pleased at all!! What a great picture book! The moral is easy to understand and, the pictures are as funny as hell -the faces of the poor Rabbit's victims, the very crossed fairy, the annoyed little bunny and, the myriad of details hidden here and there... The whole is a fantastic and hilarious reading time where, even grown ups will laugh their head off....more
Krista
The copy of Little Rabbit Foo Foo that my family owns is my husbands from when he was young. He grew up as it being one of his very favorite short children's stories. I remember having this book too when I was young. It is truly a classic in my eyes. It teaches consequences for ones actions and that bullying will not go unseen or unpunished. It also shows, in a round about way, patient parenting and giving second (and third) chances.
Alison
Another traditional song made into a picture book by Michael Rosen. A great rhythmic text with lots of repetition for Foundation Stage children to learn. There are videos of clips of the song with animation on YouTube, which would be fun to play to children either as part of Communication and Language lesson, or for a 5 minute activity before lunch at the end of the day. A great book for 3+.
Karen
I cannot begin to make you understand how disturbed CC was that it was Little RABBIT Foo Foo and not Little BUNNY Foo Foo - completely threw her for a loop so she coulnd't focus on much else. In other news, I appreciate that we veered from just the field mice and included other victims - made it less repetitive as a read-aloud. I'm still clueless as to what a goon is, though.
Inna Nako
-a book that shows that actions have consequences
-illustrated with bright pictures and details
-moral of the story is to be nice
-good fairy gives Rabbit three warnings before he got his consequence
-can be used to show children discipline in your class; teachers will not tolerate children being mean and bullying others
Deborah
There are many versions of this book. Little Rabbit Foo Foo riding through the forest scooping up the wriggly worms and bopping them on the head... was the version (in Canada) that I read to my children. Always a rabbit... late, fast, bad, lessons to be learned, etc., etc., etc.
Danie Cutter
This book has grown on me hugely. Little miss had played the CD at a friend's house and is now hooked. And now I actually like it as well, she finds it hilarious, best sung for the Rabbit Foo Foo bits and with a Scottish accent for the Good Fairy but each to his own!
Cathy Moore
First read this book with my children when we would go to the library every Saturday (in the mid 90s). I remember singing the whole time we'd read it. When we would go to get books, I'd talk them into getting this book again...more so for MY enjoyment!
Anne
My children and I loved this book. It apparently is now a song. Have heard it mentioned in a couple of movies recently. It subverts some of the traditional fairytale/children's story conventions and therein lies its appeal.
Liz Todd
My all-time favorite read-aloud. I always read this the first week of school and then throughout the school year. It becomes a class anthem.. Love this book. I need several more copies to keep everyone happy!
Trang
This would be great for a read aloud but is slightly confusing in how to convey the moral at the end of the story. It would also be good for acting out parts due to the repetitive-ness of the story line.
Laci
This book is about a rabbit getting directions and then not following them. At the end he gets punished but he still looks happy so there is no moral to the story.
Tallburt
Moped-based assault and battery of innocent forest-dwelling folk by a psychotic rabbit who never learns his lesson.

A modern parable for all of us methinks.
Bethany
My mom told me this story growing up and I loved it! I am excited it is in book form to use with teaching children that what we do effects others.
Amber

I have loved this book since I was a kid. I still look back through it every once in a while and it bring me joy to sing along with it
Ary Nilandari
Rosen hilariously criticized our daily parenting method. Foo Foo is still wild, wicked, even after Good Fairy turn him into a goonie. Haha.
2059918
Michael Rosen, a recent British Children’s Laureate, has written many acclaimed books for children, including WE'RE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, and I’M NUMBER ONE and THIS IS OUR HOUSE, both illustrated by Bob Graham. Michael Rosen lives in London.

More about Michael Rosen...
We're Going on a Bear Hunt Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet Michael Rosen's Sad Book Tiny Little Fly Red Ted and the Lost Things