Start by marking “Philippine Fever” as Want to Read:
Philippine Fever

Philippine Fever

Harv Tucker, good ol? boy from Oklahoma, sells primo roosters in Manila, the world's cockfighting capital. With his profits he buys Chinese AK-47's, then sells them to paramilitary groups. When his body turns up behind one of Manila's notorious sex clubs, the ensuing homicide investigation becomes international. Sam Haine, decorated ATF agent, teams up with a world-weary ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Capital Crime Press

To ask other readers questions about Philippine Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Philippine Fever

Joselito Honestly and Brilliantly
It is possible that through this book I've found my true calling. I will become a novelist in the mystery genre, like this author Bruce Cook with his first book about an agent from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms (ATF) sent to Manila, Philippines, to investigate the unsolved death of a fellow American, Harvey Tucker, found dead, with multiple injuries screaming bloody murder.

While the agent Sam Heine investigates Harvey Tucker's death, I proceeded to investigate why Bruce Cook wrote thi
Wendy
I need to clarify that my Dad is married to a Filipina. She is smart, kind, and very independent. She is a great companion to my Dad.
My Dad had mentioned how bad the poverty and sex trade was in the Philippines. I am not ignorant with such things. Nor am I ignorant on some of the country's history.
That said. Wow, this novel did not candy coat anything. The author describes the emmense poverty, horrifying sex exploitation, cultural attitudes, and commonplace corruption. It was a disturbing, eye o
Craig Buck
Sep 25, 2012 Craig Buck rated it really liked it
A great change of pace if you like crime novels in foreign locales. Many fall short because they're written in foreign languages and slaughtered in translation, but Cook is an American who lived for a while in Manila and brings the best of both worlds to this excellent thriller.
Alan Cook
Nov 16, 2013 Alan Cook rated it really liked it
Bruce Cook (no relation--at least that we talk about) knows a lot about the Philippines, and after you read his story of murder, suspense and lowlifes, you may know enough about the country to never want to go there. However, like with a lot of things, it's fun to take a peek as long as you don't get contaminated. Not for people with weak stomachs.
Jeff Pruett
Jeff Pruett rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Gannonwb
Gannonwb rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2010
Bruce Cook
Bruce Cook rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2008
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2011
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2012
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
May 07, 2014
Mari Sloan
Mari Sloan rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2009
Jaymee
Jaymee rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Au
Au rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Kris Lee
Kris Lee rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Elryxe Detristeange
Elryxe Detristeange rated it really liked it
May 02, 2012
Sheila Lowe
Sheila Lowe rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
obs20
obs20 rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2008
Jessica Marshall
Jessica Marshall marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2009
Kim
Kim added it
Dec 10, 2010
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2011
Stan
Stan added it
Aug 04, 2011
Luisvmf
Luisvmf marked it as to-read
May 01, 2012
K.D. Absolutely
K.D. Absolutely marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Sasa
Sasa marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Rambo
Rambo added it
Nov 11, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Bruce Cook also writes as Brant Randall.

More about Bruce Cook...