3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This original anthology gathers together eighteen fantastical stories about cats, dogs, mice, and other furry creatures from realms beyond our world. Includes stories by Michael A. Stackpole, Keith DeCandido, James M. Ward, Jody Lynn Nye, Nancy Holder, Loren L. Coleman, David Bischoff, and others.
Published October 3rd 2006 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about Furry Fantastic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Furry Fantastic

Joshua Palmatier
Furry Fantastic

First and foremost, I felt there was a distinct lack of guinea pig protagonists in this anthology. *grin*

In any case, this was a good anthology, one definitely worth checking out. It’s divided into two parts: a section for dogs and cats, and then another section for stories involving other furry creatures. The stories range from fun and frivolous, to dark and serious. My two highlighted favorites are also two of the darker stories in the anthology, which says more about me than it...more
Kelly Harmon
I'd purchased this book at a con nearly a year ago, and it finally bubbled up to the top of my TBR pile. It's an anthology of stories where the main character in each is an animal of some sort.

I'm partial to dogs, so the stories about dogs naturally fall into my favorite camp. CJ Henderson's, "All the Virtues of Man" is particularly endearing.

Elizabeth A. Vaughan's "Wan Sui Ye" - a tale of a ninja mouse, however, is the best in the book, imho. It's worth picking up just to read this story.

I feel...more
Jen
Nov 08, 2012 Jen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: keepers
I just can't take cheesy old Harlequin novels before bed anymore. I'm moving on to short stories. So far, this is a cute compilation.

It changed from a before bed book to a during lunch at work book. It is a keeper I think. Overall it's four stars, but there were enough five star stories that I think I may want to re-read it later.
E.
An interesting collection of short stories about furry creatures who have their own perspective on the challenges that face every sentient being. The common thread is the insignificance of Man's viewpoint and actions in the scheme of life.
Donald J. Bingle
I wrote my story for this anthology on a very short deadline, but I really like how it turned out.
Lori
Great stories! My favorite was about the mouse who could do tai chi.
Rachyl
Apr 22, 2010 Rachyl rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Good light reading.
Lace
Lace marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
J.D.
J.D. marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Sandi
Sandi added it
Apr 28, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Saul
Saul marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Serena
Serena added it
Jul 26, 2013
Cathy Malazzab
Cathy Malazzab marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Simkat
Simkat added it
Feb 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Red Magic (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #3) The Day of the Tempest (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #2) Redemption (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #3) The Eve of the Maelstrom (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #3) The Dawning of a New Age (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #1)