Start by marking “Startled by His Furry Shorts! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)” as Want to Read:
Startled by His Furry Shorts! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)

Startled by His Furry Shorts! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #7)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  13,307 Ratings  ·  331 Reviews
Sound the Cosmic Horn! Bestselling author Louise Rennison's seventh book of the confessions of crazy but loveable teenager Georgia Nicolson is out in PB!
Published 2007 by HarperCollins Children's (first published May 1st 2006)

Ellis
Actual rating is 3.5 stars.

It is impossible to review these books properly. Georgia wouldn't stand for it and neither would I. She did, however, give me permission to draft up the Georgiaphiliac Manifesto. I will tell you this for free, it is marvy with knobs. What do you mean, I'm tooting my own HOOOOOOOORN?

The Georgiaphiliac Manifesto

A proper Georgiaphile does not cry. She blubs.

A proper Georgiaphile does not do her make-up. She tarts herself up.

A proper Georgiaphile does not wear bras. She
Anka
Apr 07, 2015 Anka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: releídos, favoritos
Esta chica está muy loca jajajaja.
Kathryn
Mar 02, 2014 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgia never fails to disappoint!

All the way through this book, Georgia is her usual teenage self, with problems no bigger than "Jeans or skirt".
Her friends are as daft as usual, Jas and Rosie included, especially involved when it comes to making important life decisions, at age 15, no less.
This book had me in stitches all the way through, and I can't wait to continue with the series.
Cristi-Lael
Still rooting for Dave the Laugh.
Christina
Nov 03, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it
babyhippoface
This seventh installment in the series finds Georgia Nicolson on her way to “the cakeshop of agony” yet again as she worries over whether Massimo will agree to be her one and only. This book lacks the freshness of the series opener (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging) and feels a bit like the same one we’ve read seven times now as Georgia struggles with the usual predicaments: embarrassing parents, school woes, appearance anxiety, and of course, boy trouble. Nevertheless, dedicated fans of ...more
Grace Meredith
Oh my god! I got so bored and frustrated with this book, but that cliffhanger! Oooooo, I knew it.
Christina Wilder
3.5 stars!

"I can't believe I am once more on the rack of romance. And also in the oven of luuurve. And possibly on my way to the bakery of pain. And maybe even going to stop along the way to get a little cake at the cakeshope of agony."

God, I love Georgia Nicolson. Yes, she's immature, silly, often rude, self-obsessed and rather strange, but she's also hilarious and is ultimately a good person. Also it's odd little summaries like these that make her books so damn quotable.

Our mad little heroin
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by K. Osborn Sullivan for TeensReadToo.com

Georgia Nicholson is at it again in the newest installment of Louise Rennison's hilarious series about the trials and tribulations of a lovelorn British high school girl. STARTLED BY HIS FURRY SHORTS does not disappoint readers who have grown to love the quirky Georgia, her eccentric family, and her Ace Gang of best buddies.

As STARTLED opens, our poor heroine finds herself, "On the rack of romance. And also in the oven of luurve." (That's 'love
Debbie
Sep 15, 2007 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
Shelves: young-adult-lit
The books in this hilarious series (American titles):

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex-God
Knocked Out by My Nunga Nungas
Dancing in My Nuddy Pants
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel
Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers
Startled by His Furry Shorts
Love is a Many Trousered Thing
? (It's the series that never ends!)

Georgia Nicolson is a self-absorbed, British teenager who keeps a diary detailing her life in all its glorious angst(think Bridget Jones for teen
Tara Carpenter
I smile fondly at the entire series. I just read books 7,8,9 and really they should be one or maybe two books. They kept ending right in the middle of a scene and made for some artificial cliff-hangers. But I laughed at Georgia's antics, as usual. She seems a tiny bit less self-obsessed and selfish and we do get some more actual family drama. I am anxious to get to the final book of the series. Again - I think audiobooks are the way to go for these. The British accents and phrases are better tha ...more
Hilary

It is great to have finally read this installment of the Georgia Nicolson series! I saw this book in the discount bin at the store years ago, and it caught my eye because it was cute. I had never heard of the series before... But with my book addiction.... I just had to add this book (and all the other books in the series) to my collection. So, now I have finally read it! It was just as good as the other books. The main events were Masimo's decision, Georgia being on the rack of lurve, the MacUs
Aly
Mar 23, 2010 Aly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marija
Jun 14, 2011 Marija rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-mg, contemporary
I love the cover of this book! The imagery of the Macuseless play rehearsals and Jas as “Miss Haversham in that Dickens book, what is it called? Crap Expectations, I think… [sitting] in her wedding dress gathering cobwebs for years and years” are great. In a way, it kind of reminds me of Patsy and Edina in Absolutely Fabulous,, though here, we’re given the high school version. ;)

Major bleak moment:

Georgia on Masimo’s Vespa: “Unfortunately as I spoke, a flying bug flew into my mouth. A really big
Stacy
Sep 08, 2012 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know, it's funny...I was ripping along through the books, enjoying them in a casual-like way, but not luuurving them, necessarily...and now I find myself in a bit of a bind. This cliff hanger ending actually has me regretting that I don't have the next couple of books immediately at hand! Who will Georgia pick? The Italian Stallion, Dave the Laugh, or the newly returned Sex God?? I'm a little surprised to be saying this, but I really want to know vair vair much. I know which one I'd go for! ...more
Michelle
Jul 10, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one a lot. It had Mosimo the Italian Luuurve God making Georgia WAIT and see if he wanted to be "exclusive" with just her. Then there is the Play Mac-Useless where Dave the laugh is always lurking behind the scenes (ha ha) and declaring his love for her...maybe! Lots of fun Disco dancing and Viking Wedding talk...and other things that if you haven't read the books might sound completely mad! But that's what these books are, MAD!!! But so cute!
Lisa
Jan 20, 2008 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one didn't make me laugh out loud. It is getting a bit repetitive for me... Georgia's insecurities and "madness" are getting to be too predictable and boring for me. A bit disappointing as the first one really had me laughing.
Dany
Nov 01, 2015 Dany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
quando lo lessi, ero probabilmente sotto droghe pesanti.
No, a parte gli scherzi, lo avevo letto e riposto assieme agli altri libri. Poi lo ritrovo, rileggo le prime pagine e mi viene in mente quanto poco mi era piaciuto rispetto agli altri.
Romi (likes books)
1. Rosie and Sven are wonderful and hilarious.
2. Jas is my favourite out of the gang and Georgia continues to frustrate me a lot.
3. Please don't let it be (view spoiler)
4. Libby, Gordy and Angus are my favourites.
5. GEORGIA STOP!
Jessica
Not as side-splitting as the previous confessions! But Georgia will forever be my spirit animal. (Shut up, brain!)
Maeve (Otherwordlybooks)
ROOOOBBBIIEEE!!!! My baby! screw Masimo Robbie is where it's at!
nicole
Jul 05, 2007 nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Not much progression and I wish Masimo would disappear. Still funny, of course.
Rowda Altamimi
Jul 30, 2014 Rowda Altamimi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm speechless and shocked! I need to know what happens next!!
Alex
Nov 10, 2016 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I found this one a little lacklustre. Every book up until now has felt like a trashy soap opera and I've enjoyed reading about Georgia's antics. But almost half of this book was just Georgia talking to herself pining over Masimo.

Having said that, the latter third of the book was a bit enjoyable (in a sadistic way) with Georgia feeling sad that she is being cast aside by all the boys.

And the ENDING, oh good lord I think this is my favourite ending to any of the books.

{read 05/11/2016-10/11/2016}
Mindy
Dec 23, 2016 Mindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun! Have really enjoyed the silliness of these this holiday season. I have had a cold and these books have been one of the only bright spots.
Allonsythornraxx
Dec 10, 2016 Allonsythornraxx rated it did not like it
10 December, 2016

Ugh. 7 down, 3 to go.
Mercadi Garza
Oct 20, 2016 Mercadi Garza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is so goo and awesome to LOVE IT A LOT AND THE AUTHOR TOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS BOOK
Anna
that plot twist though. what a disaster.
Alexa Vazquez
Do you like to know the gossip of who likes who? Or who did what? Well in Startled By His Furry Shorts by Louise Rennison you have all that gossip and drama. But also the realistic fiction book has comedy in it.
In the story Georgia is desperately waiting for the week to end. Georgia had come back from her vacation at America and returned to England. When she returned she asked Masimo to be her official boyfriend. Georgia wanted Masimo to be her one and only, but she had to wait a week for his an
sam
4 Stars

SEX BUM, SEX BUM, I'M A SEX BUM! Yes, that's a Libby's quote, but stealing it for my own purpuse. I finsh this book with my mouth fully open and laughing my ass off. Georgia Nicolson has done it once again!

The best advicer in the whole world is NOT Georgia, so please if you read these books do not do anything that its writte
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Stealing Princes
  • The Taming of the Dru (Emily, #4)
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield, #3)
  • The Life of Riley (Rachel Riley, #2)
  • Taking the Plunge (Electra Brown, #4)
  • Shrimp (Cyd Charisse, #2)
Louise Rennison was the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’. Louise sadly died on the Februa ...more
More about Louise Rennison...

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)

“HOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!” 61 likes
“What shall I say? I must tread a fine line between glaciosity and friendlinosity. With just a hint of 'you don't know what you are missing, my fine-feathered friend.” 58 likes