Start by marking “Startled by His Furry Shorts! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)” as Want to Read:
Startled by His Furry Shorts! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)

Startled by His Furry Shorts! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #7)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  10,686 ratings  ·  275 reviews
Sound the Cosmic Horn! Bestselling author Louise Rennison's seventh book of the confessions of crazy but loveable teenager Georgia Nicolson is out in PB!
Published 2007 by HarperCollins Children's (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Startled by His Furry Shorts!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Startled by His Furry Shorts!

Ellis
Actual rating is 3.5 stars.

It is impossible to review these books properly. Georgia wouldn't stand for it and neither would I. She did, however, give me permission to draft up the Georgiaphiliac Manifesto. I will tell you this for free, it is marvy with knobs. What do you mean, I'm tooting my own HOOOOOOOORN?

The Georgiaphiliac Manifesto

A proper Georgiaphile does not cry. She blubs.

A proper Georgiaphile does not do her make-up. She tarts herself up.

A proper Georgiaphile does not wear bras. She w
babyhippoface
This seventh installment in the series finds Georgia Nicolson on her way to “the cakeshop of agony” yet again as she worries over whether Massimo will agree to be her one and only. This book lacks the freshness of the series opener (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging) and feels a bit like the same one we’ve read seven times now as Georgia struggles with the usual predicaments: embarrassing parents, school woes, appearance anxiety, and of course, boy trouble. Nevertheless, dedicated fans of ...more
Kathryn
Georgia never fails to disappoint!

All the way through this book, Georgia is her usual teenage self, with problems no bigger than "Jeans or skirt".
Her friends are as daft as usual, Jas and Rosie included, especially involved when it comes to making important life decisions, at age 15, no less.
This book had me in stitches all the way through, and I can't wait to continue with the series.
Christina
Christina Wilder
3.5 stars!

"I can't believe I am once more on the rack of romance. And also in the oven of luuurve. And possibly on my way to the bakery of pain. And maybe even going to stop along the way to get a little cake at the cakeshope of agony."

God, I love Georgia Nicolson. Yes, she's immature, silly, often rude, self-obsessed and rather strange, but she's also hilarious and is ultimately a good person. Also it's odd little summaries like these that make her books so damn quotable.

Our mad little heroin
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by K. Osborn Sullivan for TeensReadToo.com

Georgia Nicholson is at it again in the newest installment of Louise Rennison's hilarious series about the trials and tribulations of a lovelorn British high school girl. STARTLED BY HIS FURRY SHORTS does not disappoint readers who have grown to love the quirky Georgia, her eccentric family, and her Ace Gang of best buddies.

As STARTLED opens, our poor heroine finds herself, "On the rack of romance. And also in the oven of luurve." (That's 'love
Tara Carpenter
I smile fondly at the entire series. I just read books 7,8,9 and really they should be one or maybe two books. They kept ending right in the middle of a scene and made for some artificial cliff-hangers. But I laughed at Georgia's antics, as usual. She seems a tiny bit less self-obsessed and selfish and we do get some more actual family drama. I am anxious to get to the final book of the series. Again - I think audiobooks are the way to go for these. The British accents and phrases are better tha ...more
Aly
Marija
I love the cover of this book! The imagery of the Macuseless play rehearsals and Jas as “Miss Haversham in that Dickens book, what is it called? Crap Expectations, I think… [sitting] in her wedding dress gathering cobwebs for years and years” are great. In a way, it kind of reminds me of Patsy and Edina in Absolutely Fabulous,, though here, we’re given the high school version. ;)

Major bleak moment:

Georgia on Masimo’s Vespa: “Unfortunately as I spoke, a flying bug flew into my mouth. A really big
Stacy
You know, it's funny...I was ripping along through the books, enjoying them in a casual-like way, but not luuurving them, necessarily...and now I find myself in a bit of a bind. This cliff hanger ending actually has me regretting that I don't have the next couple of books immediately at hand! Who will Georgia pick? The Italian Stallion, Dave the Laugh, or the newly returned Sex God?? I'm a little surprised to be saying this, but I really want to know vair vair much. I know which one I'd go for! ...more
Michelle
I really liked this one a lot. It had Mosimo the Italian Luuurve God making Georgia WAIT and see if he wanted to be "exclusive" with just her. Then there is the Play Mac-Useless where Dave the laugh is always lurking behind the scenes (ha ha) and declaring his love for her...maybe! Lots of fun Disco dancing and Viking Wedding talk...and other things that if you haven't read the books might sound completely mad! But that's what these books are, MAD!!! But so cute!
Julie Decker
Georgia is up to the usual: lusting over teenage boys, wrangling her cats, enduring torment at the hands of her family, hanging out with her besties, and telling her diary everything. School is forcing her to be in a Shakespeare play as well, which of course delights her no end. Her friend Rosie also plans to marry the very off-the-wall Sven, who is the wearer of the furry shorts mentioned in the title.

It seems like Georgia's been doing the same thing for many books now and really hasn't changed
Lisa
This one didn't make me laugh out loud. It is getting a bit repetitive for me... Georgia's insecurities and "madness" are getting to be too predictable and boring for me. A bit disappointing as the first one really had me laughing.
Jessica
Not as side-splitting as the previous confessions! But Georgia will forever be my spirit animal. (Shut up, brain!)
nicole
Not much progression and I wish Masimo would disappear. Still funny, of course.
Rowda Altamimi
I'm speechless and shocked! I need to know what happens next!!
Celine Parker
In the seventh installment of the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series, Georgia anxiously awaits Masimo's answer to whether he wants to be exclusive with Georgia. In the meantime, she finds herself falling for Dave the Laugh though can't admit it. And in the end, without trying to spoil anything, she gets a surprise visit from someone from her past.

Georgia "Gee" Nicolson is a hilarious and lovable character. But I do have a few bones to pick with this story. I really, truly wanted to like it.
Candy Boisvert
Jun 19, 2008 Candy Boisvert rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girly girls
Title: Startled by his furry shorts
Author: Louise Rennison
Copyright date: 2006
Publisher: Harpertempest
How many pages: 260 pgs
How long it took me to read: 2 days
Category: Fiction
I learned about this book from: reading the series since the beginning

This book was purchased at: Actually, it was borrowed from the library
This book is: not to be read in public, unless you like laughing like a loon in public!
Other books by these authors: Angus thongs and full frontal snogging, on the brightside I am now
Char
For my full review please visit my blog:

Georgia is living in the Cake Shop of Aggers after telling Italian stallion, Masimo that she wants to be his only one and only. Normally this would mean plenty of hilariosity as Georgia wallows in her misery but there was something lacking for me. I'm not quite sure what it was but I think it's the same thing that was missing in 'Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants'.

Characterwise I think Rosie is definitely my favourite in th
Andra
Georgia you STUPID idot. WHY oh WHY did you not jump into Dave the Laugh's arms when he said he loves you???? You've spent the last six books moaning over getting a boyfriend and here he is, practically wrapped up with a bow on top and all you can think about are the boys in your life who left you or who don't know if they want a girlfriend??? *slaps Georgia* Even though he's fifteen, If you won't date him girfriend...I so will...He's...so funny! gah....*frustrated sigh*

As you can see, this boo
Krista Basilio
Georgia Nicolson is not currently in a happy place regarding her love life. In fact, she's stuck in neutral in more ways than one. According to Georgia, she's not only on the rack of romance, but in the cakeshop of agony, the oven of luuurve, and the bakery of pain. And, if you must know why, it is all because of the Italian Stallion, Masimo. The man who has knocked the Sex God - aka Robbie - right out of her mind, and taken up residence in her heart, as well as in the band the Stiff Dylans, as ...more
Elise
3.5 / 5 stars

This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

Georgia can't seem to stay off the rack of luuurve in this installment of her marvy madness. For starters, she is waiting for the Italian stallion to decide whether he wants to be exclusive and be her boyfriend, but she isn't sure if he means an actual week's time when he tells her he will let her know in a week or if it is like when guys say 'S'later'. So that has her puzzled and up all night, unable to sleep bec
Marissa R.
In Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7), poor Georgia has been thrown into a state of confusiosity. Dave the Laugh has declared his love for Georgia, or so she thinks, while Georgia is trying to declare her own love for Masimo. So instead of being throw into the cake shop of love for the rest of her life, she decides to actually care about the school play Mac-Useless. And to top it all off crazy Rosie is planning her Viking wedding to her foreign boyfriend, to which ...more
Librarirun
Except for the first Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (#1) - I think this book was BY FAR one of my favorites in the whole series! I couldn't put it down! Georgia had a lot more going on with Massimo and then Robbie and Dave the Laugh - but I think it was the fact that Georgia actually started "talking" with her mother about her boy issues, that really made the book come alive for me. Until this copy, all the others have been mocking her parents (typical teenager) and just more of a personal diar ...more
Debbie
Sep 15, 2007 Debbie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
Shelves: young-adult-lit
The books in this hilarious series (American titles):

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex-God
Knocked Out by My Nunga Nungas
Dancing in My Nuddy Pants
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel
Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers
Startled by His Furry Shorts
Love is a Many Trousered Thing
? (It's the series that never ends!)

Georgia Nicolson is a self-absorbed, British teenager who keeps a diary detailing her life in all its glorious angst(think Bridget Jones for teen
Robby
That summary pretty much explains everything that happens in this book, the seventh book in the Georgia Nicolson series. Georgia finally admits to herself that she may have feelings for Dave the Laugh. She tells Masimo that she wants to be with him and he turns her down. She can't stop thinking about Robbie.
So instead she focuses on other things, like her school's production of Macbeth. She also saves two small girls from the wrath of Wet Lindsay (Robby's ex, possibly Masimo's new girlfriend) an
Kat
Georgia Nicolson continues to have boy troubles. Either she has no boyfriend, or she has three boys at once who all want to date her. In this seventh installment in the series, Georgia is waiting on Masimo to decide if he wants to be her proper boyfriend or not. Meanwhile, Dave the Laugh is still in the back of Georgia's mind as a snogging partner, and sex god Robbie comes back into the picture after being absent for the past few books.

Not nearly as funny as the other books in the Confessions of
Hannah
The Love God is from Pizza-a-go-go and Georgia is in the cake-shop of love! There are no proper words to describe the hilarity and mayhem that Georgia Nicolson finds herself in. I have to say my favorite part about this book is the :

The Viking bison disco inferno (taken from the Book)

Instructions:
Stamp, stamp to the left,
Left leg kick, kick,
Arm up,
Stab, stab to the left (that’s the pillaging bit),
Stamp, stamp to the right,
Right leg kick, kick,
Arm up,
Stab, stab to the right,
Quick twirl round with
Julie
Just as funny as all the rest, if not more so, because this one included a lot more sexual puns than some of the previous novels in the series. I wish Georgia were a real person so I could seek her out and force her to be my friend, though we would probably fight over who is funnier and she'd push me into a ditch and run away laughing on a fast camel. Anyway, I hope no one else in my circle is reading the rest of the series because I fully plan on incorporating all of her little quips and saying ...more
Katie Marriott
I absolutely loved this series when I was a teenager and (slightly shamefully) I had to go back and read the newer ones recently as I had missed out on them growing up. They are hilarious and I think if you are a slightly geeky socially awkward teen (let's face it, who isn't?!) then this character and her crazy friends will really speak to you. I think that this book and Georgia's made up words and phrases now make up a good proportion of my regularly used vocabulary. If you want to read a light ...more
  • The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver  (Ruby Oliver, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Girl, 15, Charming but Insane (Jess Jordan, #1)
  • The Murder Of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield, #3)
  • Stealing Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #2)
  • What's French For "Ew"? (Emily, #3)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Shrimp (Cyd Charisse, #2)
  • My So Called Life (Rachel Riley, #1)
Louise Rennison is the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’.
More about Louise Rennison...
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2) Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3) Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4) Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)

“HOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!” 59 likes
“What shall I say? I must tread a fine line between glaciosity and friendlinosity. With just a hint of 'you don't know what you are missing, my fine-feathered friend.” 52 likes