Pressure Falling - Short Stories of Stormy Seas

Pressure Falling - Short Stories of Stormy Seas

2.86 of 5 stars 2.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Mark Chisnell’s non-fiction has been as applauded as his fiction, and these five essays all pack a typically stylish punch. The first, ‘Fastnet ‘79’ was written for the thirtieth anniversary of that desperate race, and assesses one way in which the sailing community tried to deal with the shock of the tragedy.

There are two accounts of epic attempts to round Cape Horn in s...more
Published April 11th 2011 by Mark Chisnell, via Smashwords (first published April 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pressure Falling - Short Stories of Stormy Seas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pressure Falling - Short Stories of Stormy Seas

John
I looked forward to reading this book, it has sat on my virtual shelves for a few months waiting for a gap to be opened. Unfortunately when I did disappointment followed. Perhaps if I was reading it from the standpoint of a yachtsman rather than professional seafarers it may have worked a bit better for me. Throughout I felt the authors voice more than the power of the sea, or man's humility when faced with the sublime power of nature. The one chapter I did enjoy was the tale of freak waves; soo...more
Ani Jizmejian
The rogue waves taking down the ships set my heart to racing. If you’re like me and never want to find yourself at the mercy of the sea, these tales will terrify you. Brilliantly done.
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Ant Clay
Ant Clay marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Mark Chisnell
Dec 19, 2012 Mark Chisnell marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2011
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
May 01, 2011
What will you do... When it's you or them? When it's them... or the woman you love?

I’m Mark Chisnell and I write the kind of stories that will keep you turning the pages till you’re done, and still thinking about them long after that. This is the home of the Kindle-chart-topping Janac’s Games thrillers, and the Burn series featuring Vermont backcountry girl and wannabe-investigative journalist, Sa...more
More about Mark Chisnell...
The Defector (Janac's Games, #1) Powder Burn  (Burn with Sam Blackett, #1) The Wrecking Crew (Janac's Games, #2) The Fulcrum Files The Sniper (Janac's Games, #0.5)