Start by marking “Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)” as Want to Read:
Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)

Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #6)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  16,119 Ratings  ·  360 Reviews
Let the overseas snogfest begin!

Georgia and Jas are off to Hamburger-a-gogo land! Georgia plans to track down Masimo, the Italian-American dreamboat, but after a long week in America, she only succeeds in learning importantish things -- like how to ride a bucking bronco. Will Georgia reel in the Italian dreamboat? Or is she destined to live forever all aloney on her owney?
Published April 25th 2006 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers, please sign up.

Jenny Heise She's 14 in the first book and at some point says her birthday is in September or October. So I'm going with 15.

Zoë
Jun 24, 2015 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

I loved this book! In the last few Georgia Nicolson books, I felt like not a lot happened, but this one had some real plot! I'm unsure how I feel about Masimo currently, but I DO know that Georgia and Dave the Laugh NEED TO GET TOGETHER ASAP. Also, I need some more of Robbie, even though he's in another country and everything. I can't get enough of Georgia and her silly plans and I will be starting the next in the series right away!
Tatiana
Jan 17, 2017 Tatiana rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, chick-lit, favorites, 2011, 2017
These books never fail to cheer me up!

In this installment the hunt for Italian Stallion continues.

During ace gang's emergency 5-hour meeting re: dinner date with Masimo.

6:30 pm

Then we got on to the snogging bit.

I said, "Do you think Italians snog the same as English boys?"

Rosie said, "I don't know if they do anything different with their tongues or what their ear work is like. You will have to give us a complete and full report. What number will you let him go up to on the first date?"

"I thought
Anna
Dec 29, 2016 Anna rated it it was ok
Georgia is so cringe-worthy. I spent 95% of the book silently yelling at her in my head to see some sense and:
-Write back to Robbie. He was sweet and nice and you're being an asshole, Georgia.
-Not bring so much shit with her to the States. You don't need it.
-Stop being so embarrassing. I literally can't handle anymore weird excuses for the weird things she does.
-GET TOGETHER WITH DAVE THE LAUGH. He's perfect for her and Masimo is probably going to break up with her anyway. DAVE THE LAUGH, Georgi
Jasmine J
Mar 19, 2008 Jasmine J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: comics
Recommended to Jasmine by: Jannelle&Janeen
I love all the Georgia books. They make me laugh histarically, mostly because she does a lot of the things I woud do(like that). I can't wait to see what she does next. She left me on the edge of a cliff last book.
Kat
Dec 22, 2009 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's off to 'hamburger-a-go-go' land! At the end of the previous book Georgia's dad announces that they're off to America for a clown car convention. So the Nicolsons, along with Georgia's best mate Jas, set off for Memphis. The "Italian stallion" Masimo just so happens to be in America too, but in Manhattan. Georgia apparently has no concept of American geography, because she thinks it'll be a cinch for her and Jas to hop on a Greyhound to see Masimo. She doesn't even know where he's staying an ...more
Sofia
Jan 11, 2016 Sofia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Goodreads description: Let the overseas snogfest begin!

This was hilarious. Louise Rennison never fails to
Marija
Jun 14, 2011 Marija rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-mg, contemporary
Hamburger-a-gogo land and Molto, molto Masimo vs. Il Ministrone—need I say more? ;) The Miss Malaprop moments are priceless.

Favorite line:
Masimo: “Are you freddo…?”
Georgia: “Oh dear God, he wasn’t going to talk about elves and hobbits, like boys did, was he?”

The cat imagery in these books is excellent. You can tell that Rennison must have had a cat: “Angus got on my knee and started doing that kneading thing they do to make you all comfy. For them. I am like a human bean bag to him.”
Jackie
Sep 02, 2008 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine a book that you have to check out and carry home in secret, becuase the titles are so bizarre! I love this series of books. My fab fave part in this one was the shoes. HYSTERICAL!
Lexi
Jan 08, 2016 Lexi rated it it was amazing
12/10/2014 I NEVER WANT THIS SERIES TO BE OVER.
1/9/2016 Georgia as a Youtuber would be the best thing ever.
Emma Hart
Tanna Ray
Sep 20, 2011 Tanna Ray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book written in narrative, first person style. The book itself is written as though it were Georgia Nicholson's own journal, the whole time you feel as though Louise has cut a a hole in Georgia's head and installed a window. The story is all about Georgia's fight for a new "Sex God" in her life and all the beauty rituals she must go through to impress the man (men) of her dreams. She has given up on Robbie and now her main vision in her eyes of affection is Massimo (The Italian Stallion). She ...more
Tyree
Aug 25, 2009 Tyree rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-reading
This book is about two amazing people named Georgia and Jas. Throughout this whole book Georgia and Jas went on a journey to Hamburger which is a Go Go Land. As they were on their journey they tried to find Masimo. Masimo is their Future Boat they always dreamed for. As one 1 week full past, Georgia did not come across or succed in getting her dreamboat. All she did was she learned how to ride a bucking bronco. It wasn't all that special but she still learned something.
I can connect to this bo
Christina
Kiera Beddes
Mar 18, 2016 Kiera Beddes rated it it was ok
Shelves: eng-420, comedy, ya-lit
Genre: romance, make-up, boys, snogging
Summary: Georgia Nicolson is the biggest player in the world and she doesn't even realize it. Well, I think she has some awareness of it, but still, she is remarkably dense. Just hook up with Dave the Laugh already! Robbie the Sex God is Kiwi-a-gogo land still thinks about her and Masimo is just an attractive Italian. Dave is English and there and madly in love with her and she keeps yakking about other boys and he is heartbroken. Georgia has a pretty hilar
Mandy at Blythes & Books
Jul 20, 2012 Mandy at Blythes & Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone, everyone, teens
This installment was even more funny, sad and vivid than the ones before.

It's like Georgia is becoming a real person more and more. The quirky things that keep happening to her (some self-inflicted, others by pure clumsiness, other things caused by her weird family) are hilarious at times.
Other times I feel like she's me, or one of my friends. She's not nice all of the time, even if she thinks she's funny. She's preoccupied with herself. Which is very normal for a teen girl and sooo recognizab
Julie Decker
Georgia is again wrestling with romantic troubles, and this time there are three contenders: Masimo, Robbie, and of course Dave the Laugh. She's disappointed to find that her trip to America takes her nowhere near where Masimo is, and she gets to have a great time with her embarrassing family. Her friends at home support her ridiculousness and go to great lengths to give her romantic advice. (And by the way, "boy entrancers" are fake eyelashes. She is talking about her cat eating them.)

It's more
Cristi-Lael
May 28, 2016 Cristi-Lael rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, own
Picked up this book after taking a short break from the series. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it went. The last book before this seemed to drag a bit for me, but that may have been because I needed a break.
I think Georgia is finally coming into her own. The humor was a bit more mature in this one and I appreciated that. I've said before that I probably would have loved these book had they been around when I was 15, but I'm losing something reading them at nearly 40.
All told, I enjoy
Allonsythornraxx
01 December, 2016

Meh. I am tired and crabby, Georgia Nicholson has made me go from a happy person to a mentally exhausted person in roughly 4 hours. Quite the accomplishment. This is meant to be a comedic novel, no? I laughed once.

Georgia is a horrible little snob and I am at a loss as to how she actually has any friends.
Dan
Ultimately, not a lot happens in this story and nothing is truly resolved; it is just a weeks-long snapshot of the life of an English 16-year-old girl. The pleasure comes from Georgia's narrative voice and her highly idiosyncratic use of the Queen's English (if such it can be called). Think "Bertie Wooster as a modern teen-ager". The audiobook is read by the author, so I know what I heard was absolutely authentic in terms of what she wanted us to hear.
Natalie Hennessy
Mar 15, 2016 Natalie Hennessy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5/5 stars. Georgia is at it again! The family's trip to Hamburger-a-gogo land was absolutely ridiculous in a very amusing way. I can't wait to see what boy she chooses in her now love-square.
Maeve (Otherwordlybooks)
Oh Georgia! Forget the Italian Stallion! Dave the Laugh and the Guitar Plucker are the one's for you!!
Alexa Vazquez
Nov 02, 2014 Alexa Vazquez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wanted a bit of drama with a mixture of comedy in your stories? Well in Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison you can have all the laughter and tons of drama you want. In this realistic fiction story you will hear about Georgia Nicolson’s drama she has with her friends and her enemies.

In the story Georgia is left with the greatest news on earth (well for her at least), she’s going to Hamburger-a-gogo land (in other words, America)! She’s thinks in her head that for once
Mindy
Actual rating: 4.5

This series is so fun if you're in the right mood. I had to read a book that takes place in another country and the majority of this book takes place in England. This is number 6 in the series and I think it's my favorite one so far. For me, these are laugh out loud funny. I had to take off half a star because of the cliffhanger ending. Luckily I have the next one in the series.

2016 MacHalo Challenge: A book set in a different country
Natasha Hassan
Jan 08, 2017 Natasha Hassan rated it it was amazing
Love this series, but I just wish Georgia would go out with Dave the Laugh. Masimo annoyed me.
Christina Wilder
Jan 04, 2013 Christina Wilder rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, humor
I am loving this series. I've said before that YA needs more heroines like Georgia Nicholson, who is like a British version of Regina George (Mean Girls) and Cher (Clueless). She's a girl who is extremely self-centered and even delusional, but she's confident, loyal, kind, and owns her damn sexuality.

If you follow this series, this book shows that our little Georgia is growing up. She's maturing (though slowly) and is able to recognize that her various feelings and is also starting to ascertain
sam
Apr 24, 2016 sam rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Oh bloody hell! Now this book was ride. Beginning that she will go to Hamburger-a-gogo land to the confusion he has the end with so many books at her feet. I swear that these stories keep getting funnier.

Libby lobes the captain. She is sitting on his knee at the back of the place, singing him her poo song. He is joining in.
Mum was looking back and smiling and saying to me, "Aaaahh, that's sweet, isn't it?"
There was a bit of pause and then she yelled. "Oh, my God, who is driving the place
Robby
Jan 04, 2010 Robby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a few reviews of this book that say that this book, the sixth Georgia Nicolson book, is the last really good book in the series. I always try not to read reviews of books before I read them, but sometimes I get carried away.

This book was just as funny as the first five, though the fifth book Away Laughing On A Fast Camel still remains my favorite.
Also, if I'm being honest, I will just confess my love for Dave The Laugh right now.
In this book, Georgia and her family travel to America (
Marissa R.
Apr 23, 2012 Marissa R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"...Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers" (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #6)
by Louise Rennison. Another one of Rennison's prestiged Georgia Nicolson books. Adored by hundreds of teenage girls, from England and America, also perhaps around the globe. Rennison's creative way to connect with the modern day teenage girl with the fun loving Georgia. This and many of Georgia's adventures will be sure to leave readers with a huge smile on their face.

Each and every time I pick up a Georgia Nicolson book I a
Christine
Feb 26, 2008 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reference information:
Title: Then He Ate My Boy
Author: Louise Rennison
Publisher: Harper Tempest Year: 2005
# of pages: Genre: romance
Reading level Interest level: very interesting
Potential hot lava: none

General response/reaction: Such a good book, made me laugh and was a great teen read. I like the diary format it is written in.

Subjects, Themes, and Big Ideas: love, finding yourself, friends

Characters: Georgia, Mutti, Vati, Jas, Georgia’s family, Masimo, Lindsay, Robbie, Dave, Mad Libby, and Ang
LB
Aug 08, 2013 LB rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 /5 star rating

This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

Georgia just can't seem to get over the hump of love, the biggest problem in her boy and make-up centered life. The Sex God left for Kiwi-a-gogo land. So she found herself Masimo, the new SG. But then he tells her he is off to Hamburger-a-gogo land to visit some family.

When Georgia's parents inform her she will be going to America herself on a family vacation to a clown car convention, Georgia is so excited s
soo... 2 31 Jun 14, 2008 01:57PM
  • Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)
  • Girl, 15, Charming but Insane (Jess Jordan, #1)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4)
  • The Taming of the Dru (Emily, #4)
  • Apartment 255
  • Stealing Princes
  • My (Not So) Simple Life (Rachel Riley, #4)
  • The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield, #3)
  • Falling Hook, Line and Sinker (Electra Brown, #5)
  • Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3)
  • Sealed with a Kiss (Diary of a Crush, #3)
Louise Rennison was the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’. Louise sadly died on the Februa ...more
More about Louise Rennison...

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)

“You make me laugh like a loon on loon tablets!” 51 likes
“What if you were really meant to be with someone? But you kept messing about and having the Horn and so on and you lost them.” 29 likes