Start by marking “Time Warrior: How to defeat procrastination, people-pleasing, self-doubt, over-commitment, broken promises and Chaos” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  438 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Time Warrior is a revolutionary, non-linear approach for dealing with time, as bold as it is fresh and new. Forget whatever "guidebooks" you may have read on time management or personal productivity. Time Warrior is much more than tips and tricks. Steve Chandler has given us an invitation--as well as a challenge--to become something far greater than we are now. To become, ...more
Published (first published February 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Time Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Warrior

David Hayden
Jan 11, 2012 David Hayden rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
I found this book wise, powerful, and extremely helpful. Is it original? I think once you read three or four truly good self-help books, 75% of every self-help after that will be unoriginal with most of the difference being the presentation and emphasis. What works best is what speaks to YOU best. This book covered everything exceptionally well and go to the point without droning on. I liked the Time Warrior metaphor, though that might be too martial for some. This is not a rah-rah self help. It ...more
Paul
Apr 04, 2012 Paul rated it liked it
This book suffers from what most books in the genre suffer from. The author has an interesting idea and he or she centers the book around it, but there is just not enough of the idea to fill the book. So they just add filler. Time Warrior has this problem and it seems to me that the book could have been executed in 40 chapters instead of 100+ and the reading experience would have been much more enjoyable and the message much more clearer.

I take nothing away from the idea; it is a different appro
Arminda Lindsay
"Today I don't place a lot of value in regretting my past or even trying to understand it. Identifying past patterns and labeling my flaws and weaknesses. Not much value in that because the present moment opportunity disappears while I do that.

How do I want to be NOW? Do I want to finish what I start? I can do that. But I just have to do it. Which is me going on the offensive. Because the best defense is a great offense."

If you're looking for a book that will teach you how to manage your time
Sobelius
Oct 06, 2011 Sobelius rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lifehacking
I've been using David Allen's "Getting Things Done" (GTD) methodology for over 5 years and it's been a great way to identify the things I need and want to get done. But I've had a gap between the identification and the doing of those things, and I often felt I used GTD as yet another way to avoid the doing of the things I'd identified to do.

This book was the right book at the right time for me. With over 80 chapters, each just a page or two in length, I was able to read the kindle version in sma
Beth Manautou
Jun 10, 2015 Beth Manautou rated it really liked it
Shelves: productivity, stress
"All fear comes from picturing the future. Putting things off increases that fear. Soon we are nothing but heavy minds weighing down on weary brains. Too much future will do that.

Only a warrior's approach will solve this.

A warrior takes his sword to the future. A warrior also takes his sword to all circumstances that don't allow him to fully focus."

- Steve Chandler from "Time Warrior"

If you find yourself getting overwhelmed with a never ending to do list. There are some great gems in this book t
Megan
Mar 24, 2015 Megan rated it did not like it
I bought this book late at night, frustrated with myself over my own procrastination - and I assure you that it will not help you in the slightest.

Really the problem with this book is not the content - it is the absolute amateurism in the writing style. There is a complete lack of organization and continuity. There are nearly a hundred "chapters" of the book - each one to two pages - which are honestly just the musings of the author. The book reads like the author is simply talking to one of his
Harry Roger Williams III
Steve Chandler is one of my favorite "gurus." I listen to him when I'm walking and read him when I'm not. The only problem he gives me is that at the end of each book, as I think about what insights to quote, I feel compelled to tell you to "Just read the whole thing - it's all quotable!" He is wise, compassionate, and committed to empowering his reader. He is humble enough to embody his own advice on page 155: "A ruined life is full of funny stories. And if the warrior emerges from it, then all ...more
Skip
Dec 04, 2011 Skip rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
This is not a time management book. It's more about life management and personal growth. Each chapter was wonderfully short but holds a volume of information, insight and inspiration.
Emma Sea
Nov 16, 2013 Emma Sea marked it as maybe-read
" transmute the base metals of ordinary linear time-consciousness into the gold of the Time Warrior's non-linear vision. "

O_o
Ahmad Moshrif
Jul 04, 2015 Ahmad Moshrif rated it really liked it
Nice and simple book, with lots of great tips and inspiring insights. Highly recommended for time management seekers
Silver Kuklase
Mar 23, 2014 Silver Kuklase rated it it was amazing
I liked it. I found some great quotes, my favourite one is this one:
TODAY GIVE ALL THAT YOU HAVE, FOR WHAT YOU KEEP INSIDE, YOU LOSE FOREVER.

Some advice is common sense and I have already readed in other books, but really it is true. There is no magic pill. If you want motivation, just start doing it. For example, if you want to be writer, then write.
Slice away distractions what drain your energy and time.

If you want more money, serve on bigger scale with bigger impact. If you want more love, l
Farnoosh Brock
Jan 11, 2015 Farnoosh Brock rated it liked it
Shelves: business-spirit
Disclaimer: I got this book as a gift. I've read other Chandler books. My favorite is The Prosperous Coach. But I'm glad I read this one too.

I listened to this book on audio. The narrator was clearly and crisp, easy to follow and the book is written in a very easy language. The audio is just over 2 hours so it should not take you long to go through it. Why it took me weeks to finish listening and to re-listen to so many parts is beside the point :). Sigh, I just couldn't get into the rhythm of t
Peter
Feb 29, 2012 Peter rated it really liked it
Very good read.

The chapters in this book are extremely short - one or two pages, usually. This makes it very easy to read, but some chapters could benefit from more elaboration.

The tone of "Time Warrior" is very conversational. Overall this is helpful, but frankly, many passages could have been written better. A few paragraphs even left me cringing. If the editing were cleaner, I would give it five stars.

I really enjoyed Chandler's message and enthusiasm. He emphasizes that our experience of lif
Matt
Jun 15, 2013 Matt rated it it was amazing
I was stunned by the ideas presented in this book, because many are extremely simple and seem obvious once you read them, yet they also run counter to much of our conventional wisdom.

One major focus of the book is that we need to re-think the way we handle time. The author emphasizes that we need to focus on one thing at a time and filter out all distractions. Otherwise, we spread our attention too thin, and the distractions make us feel productive and busy while we actually get nothing done.

Ano
Catherine Gillespie
Jan 31, 2015 Catherine Gillespie rated it it was ok
Shelves: balance, work
Time Warrior is similar in tone to War of Art, and like that book it has some good thoughts and motivational messages mixed in with some hyperbole and silly stuff.

Time Warrior has less of a “do your project” focus and more of a “think differently about time” focus.

{Read my full review here}
Jul 18, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
It's been over two years since I read this book. I believe Jeff Schroeder recommended it to me and I read it on his kindle. My notes say that it was motivating and that I gave it a 7 out of 10.
Kristin Billerbeck
Jan 23, 2014 Kristin Billerbeck rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. If you have an artist's mind, this book is excellent. It's a little New Agey, but it really approaches time in a new manner and helps you prioritize. I think if you had a math mind, this book might drive you nuts, but it was very helpful for me. Lots of great quotes and advice for well-rounded living.
Natalie
Nov 01, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: newly-read-2014
I was surprised that this was so motivating for me. The chapters are short and easy to digest, occasionally repetitive, but it was apparently what I was looking for right now!
Erin Lyndal
Apr 14, 2015 Erin Lyndal rated it did not like it
This book contains impressively little practical advice. There's plenty of "motivational speaker" type verbage here if you are into that, though.
Haley Smith
Aug 16, 2014 Haley Smith rated it really liked it
One of the most powerful books I have read to build confidence in myself and over come self-doubt with what I want to dedicate and focus my time on.
Skylar
Dec 31, 2012 Skylar rated it it was ok
Didn't like it. Felt like a waste of time to read and I feel that I didn't come away with anything worthwhile other than a half dozen quotes I wrote down for later.

Essentially a quote book, and the quotes weren't very motivational. His advice is basically "You procrastinate? Stop it. You have low self-esteem? Man up already." If anything, it was *demotivating.* Also, the organization was hard to follow sometimes. The chapters are short, between 1-3 pages usually. However, the chapter "titles" do
Jary Welker
May 11, 2013 Jary Welker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time Warrior, and its newer book end sibling, Wealth Warrior, is a classic work that can lead its reader to lose the excuses of victim hood, procrastination, and aimless thinking if they learn and apply one concept; the power and wisdom of action. Whether we feel like doing something, know how to do it, or even know what we want to do, action will cure what ails us. What cross fit is for the physical side Steve Chandler is for the mental and emotional. I highly recommend Steve Chandler's work bu ...more
Billy
Feb 12, 2012 Billy rated it it was amazing
I liked the ideas that he shared that are more point of view type things than actual facts. He used alot of short stories to convey different ways to get tasks done.

His opening quote was particularly enlightening.

Bruce Lee said something like "successful people are ordinary folks with laser like focus" that was particularly intriguing.

A good all around read with short quick chapters.

I am a big fan of this author who also wrote a book with the same layout called 100 ways to motivate yourself.

I b
Apr 20, 2015 Kim Ramsay rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!
Jeff Mann
Aug 26, 2015 Jeff Mann rated it it was ok
A little inspiring but very repetitive.
Suzanne
Jan 29, 2012 Suzanne rated it liked it
"Stop trying to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. All this thinking is overrated as a motivational force. Doing, on the other hand, is underrated."

That's the basic thrust: Live in the now. Just Do It. Live now, procrastinate later.

Although a bit repetitive, it's a quick read with some wise, inspirational nuggets. And, I must admit, I found myself repeatedly and abruptly putting the book down. Not out of boredom, but to get up and get stuff done.
Christine
Jan 15, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
This book grew on me a while after I read it. Immediately after reading I thought "This isn't at all what I was looking for." Later, though, I found myself incorporating little tidbits here and there and accomplishing much more in a day than before. Its not the A-B-C-1-2-3 book my husband is trying to find, but it worked for me in terms of finding a different way of thinking about daily tasks.
Peggi Speers
Sep 01, 2013 Peggi Speers rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: proactive creative can-do people!
Recommended to Peggi by: radio interview
Shelves:
I read and re-read this book! I usually read a chapter first thing in the morning--and choose one that I believe I need for the day! Steve's writing is simple and profound. I love this book and have referred it to so many people who ended up loving it! They too started to talk about how it has helped them in their lives! The publish, Maurice Bassett is wonderful too!
  • A Philosopher's Notes: On Optimal Living, Creating an Authentically Awesome Life and Other Such Goodness, Vol. 1
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
  • Supercoach: 10 Secrets to Transform Anyone's Life
  • Goal Setting: 13 Secrets of World Class Achievers
  • Nine Things Successful People Do Differently
  • The Assertiveness Workbook: How to Express Your Ideas and Stand Up for Yourself at Work and in Relationships
  • Unleash the Warrior Within
  • The little guide to un-procrastination
  • Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved
  • Your Inner Awakening: The Work of Byron Katie: Four Questions That Will Transform Your Life
  • How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile...and 18 Mistakes to Avoid
  • The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done
  • The Power of Eye Contact: Your Secret for Success in Business, Love, and Life
  • Eight Pillars of Prosperity
  • 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones
  • Procrastination: Why You Do It, What To Do About It
  • Hope Will Find You: My Search for the Wisdom to Stop Waiting and Start Living
  • The 60 Second Organizer
(Arabic: ستيف تشاندلر)
Steve Chandler, bestselling author of 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself, Time Warrior and 30 other books, is known as America's notoriously unorthodox personal growth guru. He has helped thousands of people transform their lives and businesses.

Steve invites you to join his inner circle, the Wealth Warrior Movement, whose sole focus is supporting you in creating greater prosperity
More about Steve Chandler...

“Not a single person is born in the world who has not a certain capacity which will make him proud, who is not pregnant with something to produce, to give birth to something new and beautiful, to make the existence richer. There is not a single person who has come into the world empty. Osho” 2 likes
“Sound when stretched is music. Movement when stretched is dance. Mind when stretched is meditation. Life when stretched is celebration. Shri Ravishankar Jee” 1 likes