Start by marking “Toyota Under Fire: Lessons for Turning Crisis Into Opportunitoyota Under Fire: Lessons for Turning Crisis Into Opportunity Ty” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The definitive account of the 2009-2010 Toyota recall: A case study for overcoming any management crisis

"Toyota Under Fire" takes you beyond the headlines and into the offices and factories of Toyota to reveal the truth behind the company's highly publicized and controversial recall of nine million vehicles last year.

Jeffrey Liker, the world's leading expert on Toyota proc
Published February 18th 2011 by McGraw-Hill

To ask other readers questions about Toyota Under Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toyota Under Fire

Lisa Vegan
May 04, 2011 Lisa Vegan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: business owners & managers & those in personnel; organizational psychologists
So, so hard for me to rate this one!

So, I asked for a freebee copy of this book, thinking it would be my cup of tea, but it wasn’t, but it’s not the book’s fault. I am feeling guilty about how blah I feel about this book, and I realize that I have to be more careful about books I request in the future.

I have a Prius and before that I had 2 Corollas, all three Toyota cars, all my cars since 1984, and when I saw this book as one of the books being offered by “PTA’s Reviewer Rewards” (I’ve gotten o
Hashim Al-Zain
This book is without a shadow of doubt a testament that Toyota is truly a continuously improving company built on it's unique culture that helped save the company from an immanent disaster; the likes of what GM, Ford, and Chrysler experienced during the 2008-2009 meltdown!
Warren
Compared to Liker's earlier books on Toyota, Under Fire is smaller, and follows more of a story telling format.

Mark Graban interviewed Liker, back in February 2011.
Kara
This book is a great example of a case study of crisis turned into opportunity. While strongly slanted towards Toyota, it gives great insight into the Toyota Way and what lessons can be adapted by other organizations. Warning, it will make you love Toyota!
Hunter Johnson
Left my copy in a hotel room, so currently abandoned
Moussa
Moussa marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Jonathan Mcguire
Jonathan Mcguire marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Ngo An
Ngo An marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Amin
Amin marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Amin
Amin marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Yahya Zaben
Yahya Zaben marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Mia Claire
Mia Claire marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Yousef Almughrabi
Yousef Almughrabi marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Clafaunitiscali.it
Clafaunitiscali.it marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Ahmed Alnasser
Ahmed Alnasser marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Essam
Essam marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Raafat Radwan
Raafat Radwan is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2014
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Alejandro
Alejandro marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Mahmoud Abu
Mahmoud Abu marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dr. Jeffrey K. Liker is Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan and principle of Optiprise, Inc. Dr. Liker has authored or co-authored over 75 articles and book chapters and nine books. He is author of the international best-seller, The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World's Greatest Manufacturer, McGraw-Hill, 2004 which speaks to the underly ...more
More about Jeffrey K. Liker...
The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World's Greatest Manufacturer The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership: Achieving and Sustaining Excellence Through Leadership Development The Toyota Way Fieldbook: A Practical Guide for Implementing Toyota's 4Ps Toyota Culture: The Heart and Soul of the Toyota Way Toyota Talent