Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Dog's Life: 101 Stories about All the Ages and Stages of Our Canine Companions” as Want to Read:

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Dog’s Life honors all the memorable ages and stages of our lovable canine’s lives. Readers will laugh, cry, nod along with these heartwarming and inspiring stories.

It’s a dog’s life. From puppyhood antics to the twilight years and saying goodbye, Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Dog’s Life capture
Published April 12th 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Kristin
Yet another Chicken Soup book written with dog lovers in mind, and this one didn't disappoint. Organizationally, the stories were divided by the stage of life each canine subject was in when the story was written, from bringing home a squirmy puppy, to children growing up with their dogs, to senior canines, to mourning the loss of a best friend. What such organization could cause is a gradual dip in emotions, because puppies are fun and exciting, but reading about people having to put their dogs ...more
Xiaojuanwu
All of different stories are written in this book fulfill with both happiness and heartbreaking. Dogs make us laugh, cry, and receive love. Even though they are just pets but they can bring change to individual's life.

This book reminded me of my dog I had when I was young. It was such a good "friend" to me at same time part of family member. It always followed anywhere I go as if I a little sibling. Whenever I was with him, I felt all of my day stresses were gone. It licked my hands and cheeks
Dayana
Como ya lo imaginan, es un libro que los fanáticos de los perros que difrutaran al máximo leyendo las historias de amor y fidelidad que se narran a los largo de 350 páginas.

Si bien siempre he tenido perros en mi casa y me gustan mucho, mi corazón es de los gatos.

Lo que leerán en el libro son historias de perros adoptados en refugios, perros rescatados y vivencias de voluntarios proteccionistas. También hay historias según la edad del perro que van desde el pequeño y dulce cachorrito, la materni
Cailin
I'm not done with this yet, and honestly I'm stalling reading the last two chapters. I've never read a Chicken Soup book before, but I've just lost my beloved dog and found myself staring at this book at the store. So far it is wonderful! Nice light reading that you can pick up and put down whenever. Every dog lover needs to read this. Again, the part I need to read the most, about coping with pet loss and saying goodbye, is being held off until I buy more Kleenex, and maybe a bottle of wine!
Guillermo
What you will read in this book is a lot of heartwarming stories of dog adopted from shelters, rescued, protectionists stories and from all ages of dogs, ever since puppies to the hard goodbyes when they go live in a beautiful farm called Dog Heaven.

This is a book for all the dog-persons around, and all the dog-lovers to read, laugh, cry and enjoy.

Complete review here http://seriesandtv.com/chicken-soup-f...
Stephanie
Some of the stories/vignettes are more interesting than others, but unfortunately none of the writing is "quality." Too bad. This book, while helpful in some respects (especially if one is grieving the loss of a pet or is concerned about the health of a pet, as I am) could have been much better written.
Deeanna
I have loved dogs ever since I was a little kid. The longest amount of time I have gone without having a dog in my life was about one year. I am and always will be a "dog person"!! This book had a whole range of stories- cute,funny,heartwarming and sad.
Stephanie
When I started reading the "Chicken Soup" books, I didn't care too much for books of short stories. I have now read several of these and this one is the best! It's and absolute must read for dog lovers!
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Great gift from my husband when I was feeling down. He sure knows the way to bring a smile to my face.
Lois
Tears, so many tears.
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
April Watson
April Watson marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Nathan
Nathan is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2015
HappyWoofy
HappyWoofy marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Rian
Rian marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Chloe Westmoreland
Chloe Westmoreland is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2015
Cheryl Wilson
Cheryl Wilson marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Danielle Cullen
Danielle Cullen marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Oksana
Oksana marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Rosefire
Rosefire marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Whitney Wilson
Whitney Wilson marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Emery
Emery added it
Feb 26, 2015
Stella Sit
Stella Sit is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
Lea
Lea added it
Jan 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women