Start by marking “The Earl Plays with Fire” as Want to Read:
The Earl Plays with Fire

The Earl Plays with Fire

3.09 of 5 stars 3.09  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The young Richard Veryan had been heartbroken—and bitter—after unrivaled beauty and childhood friend Christabel Tallis jilted him three weeks before their wedding.

Six years later, and toughened by adventure overseas, Richard, now a lord, is very much his own man. But when he and Christabel meet once again, dangerous temptation hangs in the air.

Richard sees his chance to te
Mass Market Paperback
Published June 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Earl Plays with Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl Plays with Fire

Adrianamae, Marco's fan
If you're type of historical includes miscommunication, combined with the oh-so-noble heroine which keeps sacrificing herself for the happiness of others, and especially being taken advantage by her bitchy sister, then again sacrificing herself for the happiness of the hero which when hero turns around back for her, she then says she can't trust him--though she loves him and can't live without him--then this is the story for you.
Jolene
I found Christabel and Richard's love story second time around moving. And I liked the sub-plots - some great characters - but they never got in the way of the main love affair. The book was well written in a crisp, engaging style which flowed nicely. I really liked it.
Eloise
A great story - romantic and tender and the characters are beautifully drawn. The period setting is authentic and vividly brought to life.
Cherish
Angelique Minnaar
I actually read another book which referred back to events of this book first. As I enjoyed that book, I was only too pleased to find this copy. I enjoyed this story as well. As usual, a light read, with a few entertaining mix-ups. I was pleased to see how Isabelle had developed each character & how emotions thought forgotten, can rise up so suddenly.
Amelie Rabema
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Gina
Gina added it
Dec 28, 2014
Brianne Lombardi
Brianne Lombardi marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Aditee
Aditee marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Kay Bolton
Kay Bolton marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2013
Dev
Dev marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Tori Clute
Tori Clute marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Lee
Lee added it
Mar 19, 2013
Paddy
Paddy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
M
M marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 12:06PM
I was born into an army family and most of my childhood was spent moving from school to school, including periods of living in Egypt and Germany. Some schools I loved and some I hated, so it wasn't too surprising that I left before completing my examinations.

I became a secretary but realised almost immediately that the role of handmaiden simply wasn't for me. Escape beckoned when I landed a job wi
More about Isabelle Goddard...
Love's Tangle Walking Through Glass Reprobate Lord, Runaway Lady Unmasking Miss Lacey Society's Most Scandalous Rake

“One can return, and return again--if one has something worth coming back for.” 2 likes
“In time, you will find the man that is right for you."

"I have found him," she said, gulping down unshed tears, "but he is too stupid to see.”
2 likes