Start by marking “No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13; Baltimore, #2)” as Want to Read:
No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13; Baltimore, #2)

No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense #13)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  4,480 Ratings  ·  364 Reviews
A car crashes in front of rookie PI Paige Holden’s home. And suddenly, she finds one of her pro bono clients dying in her arms—from a gunshot wound. With her last breath, the woman whispers cryptic words into her ear and hands her a blood-smeared flash drive.

Five years ago, State’s Attorney Grayson Smith put a murderer behind bars. But when Paige Holden shares the flash dr
Published June 2012 by Signet (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about No One Left to Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One Left to Tell

Shawna
4 stars – Romantic Suspense

Karen Rose is one of my favorite, go-to authors for a masterful romantic thriller and one of the best when it comes to chilling suspense and creepy killers. Her storylines are always intricate, gripping, and taut, and this is certainly no exception, with a complex plot that deals with wrongful imprisonment, conspiracy, murder, intrigue, and political machinations.

Grayson and Paige are interesting, well-developed characters, and I really enjoyed their romance. Grayson i
Paige  Bookdragon

Okay so I find this book cute and entertaining, but I think I'm just a little bit confused because there are so many names mentioned in this book and maybe because I'm itching to finish this to read Joseph and Daphne's story which is the next one...
Thomas Edmund
Feb 08, 2012 Thomas Edmund rated it did not like it
Oh dear. Maybe this was one of those books that you either get or don't. Sure if I actually cared about any of the characters I might have something better to say about this novel.

The novel begins clumisily, with our heroine receiving a phone call from her business partner to fill out her back-story ("Hey lady just calling to talk about the past few significant events of your life") The putziness continues as our main lady Paige can't work out whether she is a black-belt, knife and gun toting ba
Kathleen
Jun 07, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Rating 5 Stars
Character Rating 5 Stars
Romance Rating 5 Stars
Heat Level 3.5 Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

This book totally ROCKED ME! It grabbed me right from the start and never let me go. There were so many twists and turns and bad guy's that there was never a dull moment.

I really LOVED both the H&h. They were both extremely smart, brave, courageous and all around fantastic characters. I could easily see why they were attracted to either other from the very first and were glad that they
Susan
Aug 10, 2012 Susan rated it it was ok
You will absolutely love this book if you like long, complicated stories with an endless cast of characters and a barely there romance arc between characters who have the hots for each other, though you can't quite figure out why. Toward the end of the book (p. 452 out of 524), one of the characters helpfully summarizes the story: "Serial child molesters, murderers, case fixers, a cop gone bad, his kidnapped child, and a mastermind eliminating anyone who gets close to the truth. Makes my head sp ...more
Keri
Jul 17, 2011 Keri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read Ms. Rose! Now as many books as you have put out, they always feel fresh and new. I am kicking myself for not reading this book sooner, because the sparks between Paige and Grayson was off the charts. I just kept telling myself that I wasn’t in the mood for a book with high body count…and you must admit you are famous for that. But this book felt more like a romance then a suspense with romance. Loved P and G as a couple and the loved scenes….wowza…you certainly picked that up a no ...more
Robin
Dec 04, 2015 Robin rated it really liked it
Private Investigator Paige Holden is shaken when she finds her pro bono client, Elena Munoz, dying in her arms from a gunshot wound. Elena gives Paige a flash drive and tells her the cops were chasing her before she dies. Not sure who she can trust, Paige takes the information to State's Attorney Grayson Smith, the man who put Elena's husband behind bars for murder. As Paige and Grayson view the data, it becomes clear that evidence in the Ramon Munoz case was manufactured and an innocent man may ...more
Anne OK
Mar 03, 2012 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads

Another great addition to Rose's collection of high-octane romantic suspense! I like the fact that she's adding a bit more romance among the pages of dark, gritty and psycho suspense!

FULL REVIEW TO FOLLOW
Manda Collins
Jul 18, 2011 Manda Collins rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Karen Rose, Mariah Stewart, Cynthia Eden
Can't really write up a review just yet. (Look for my Fresh Meat coming up on www.CrimnalElement.com) Suffice it to say that I loved this book. Lots of action, insanely high body count, and perfectly matched hero and heroine with plenty of sexytimes. Only downside was that it ended.

ElaineY
REVIEW OF EBOOK & AUDIO; SEPT 23, 2013: MISSION ABORTED
Narrator: Marguerite Gavin

While my review, generally, hasn't changed from my previous one below, my audio experience has not been as positive. This has been true for the Vartanian series in audio as well. I couldn't get through the first book of that either (Die For Me) but at least I finished Gavin's You Belong to Me, even if I didn't her style.

Gavin was much better here, the second installment in the Baltimore series. No distracting ac
Charlene
Complex story with a large cast of characters; very long.

If you've read this author before, you know what to expect. I did like many of the characters' interactions. The bad guy(s) -- not much sympathy here.
Best Crime Books & More
Jun 19, 2012 Best Crime Books & More rated it it was amazing
One thing I want to make clear is that this book along with all of Karen Rose books falls under the genre of Romantic Suspense. Now I am a fan of both romance and crime so the mix of the two doesn't bother me at all. For those that want zero romance, you may want to look elsewhere. For those that, like me, quite like that element of the book then get yourselves out and get a copy of her latest release.

No One Left To Tell starts as it means to go on when we see Paige Holden make her way to a pro
Judi
4.5 Stars

Karen Rose has been one of my auto-buy author’s since the first time I picked up and read my first book by her.

I always feel like I’m trying to solve a puzzle while engaged in one of her stories. A corner piece here, an edge there and finally a piece of that pesky blue sky. No One Left to Tell was like a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and it packs a whopping 518 pages. That’s a lot of story with action, twists and turns, secrets and a sweet and budding romance.

PI in training Paige Holden al
~Megan~
This turned out to be one of my favorite Karen Rose novels! I loved the way she tied the characters from her previous series to the ones from her new series. It's always great to catch up with people we loved in other books. The mystery was phenomenal and engrossing, and the action was non-stop. The love story was really emotional, as the main characters both had trauma in their past. Learning to deal with those issues and trust each other, all in a couple pressure-cooker days really amped up th ...more
Hope Frost
Sep 09, 2012 Hope Frost rated it it was amazing
What I have come to expect from a KR book is to not expect anything. You don't know who the killer is until she wants you to know. Oh, you can guess, but you will probably be wrong. I was not disappointed in this book. I wasn't sure she would be able to top "You Belong t Me" but she did. I loved this book and am looking forward to more. I would really love to see Stevie settled, and maybe also Joseph.
Christine
May 27, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it

I have tried to read this twice!!! I just cannot engage with the plot at all. Really bad. I think Rose needs to cut out a few characters, get more gory and psychological and focus on disentangling the complicated plot. I just can't seem to care enough about the main characters. My advice is give this one a miss!
Nihan
Yazar kurguyu inci gibi sıra sıra işlemiş, çok güzel ve akıcıydı. Fakat çeviri çok kötü ve karakterler bazen mantıksız bulup hoşlanmadığım tepkiler verdi. İlk kitabı daha çok beğenmiştim.
jenjn79
Rating: 4.5/5

I don't know how Karen Rose does it. She's one of the most masterful suspense writers I've read.

Series Note:
All of Rose's books connect in one way or another. They all exist in the same universe. This is the 13th book, but I think it stands well enough on its own to be able to read as a standalone.

Summary:
Needing to get away from a recent tragedy in her life, Paige Holden moves to Baltimore and starts learning to become a P.I. She takes on a pro bono case, helping a family prove tha
Tammy
Feb 08, 2012 Tammy rated it liked it
This review originally appears on the Women24 website.

It's kind of hard to prove the innocence of a man wrongly accused of murder when the witnesses keep dropping like flies.

It all seemingly starts with Ramon Munoz. Taking the fall for a crime he didn't commit, Ramon has spent the past 5 years in prison. Having failed to get the help of local authorities, Elena, his wife, turns to private investigator Paige Holden, for help.

When Elena is brutally shot in front of Paige after getting hold of evid
Mojca
Yet another great read by Karen Rose, with the usual mix of gripping suspense, murder, mayhem, drama, angst, romance, passion, hot'n'sweaty sex, and a good and tight plot one comes to expect from a KR novel.

Unlike its predecessor, I liked both the hero and heroine, the hero more than the heroine, but that's a moot point, and though their initial attraction (he saw her on the news, she saw him in the courtroom) was a bit quick and required some suspension of disbelief, once they 'got started' dow
Hope
Apr 26, 2016 Hope rated it did not like it
This book was dreadfully longgg. I can't stand this mixture of romance and thriller book in one.
Other things that I disliked:
- That husband of Adele being a complete prick to her about thinking she's cheating on him. She says that she thinks someone is trying to kill her and he just makes it all about how he thinks she's cheating. "Seems that if someone's stalking you, you caught their eye somehow". Victim blaming asshole.
- Graysons' mother and her only concern after seeing him on tv saving Pai
Kristen
Dec 24, 2013 Kristen rated it really liked it
Family secrets, murder, dirty cops and politicians, that's what Paige Holden and Grayson Smith uncovered in Karen Rose's No One Left to Tell. When Paige meets Elena Munoz to talk about her case. But before she did, someone eliminated her, when she died in Paige's hands. From there, it starts a shocking chain reaction across Baltimore. Paige has her old wounds and secrets that she dare to keep, when she fled from her life from her best friend's death. When she meets Grayson Smith, he has a stunni ...more
T.L. Schaefer
Jan 21, 2013 T.L. Schaefer rated it it was amazing
I cannot begin to express how much I adored this book. Rose is one of my auto-buy authors, so it's no surprise that I'd enjoy this book, but I was blown away by it. For those of you who have read Ms. Rose's works before (specifically You Belong to Me ), you'll recognize some of the characters. In this story, we watch as Paige Holden and the hero, State's Attorney Grayson Smith, both come to grips with their ugly pasts. These two have been damaged by their pasts, but still managed to find a way t ...more
Kari Wainwright
May 28, 2012 Kari Wainwright rated it really liked it
Complex. Convoluted. Conspiratorial. No One Left to Tell by Karen Rose is all that, and more. When PI Paige Holden, a woman with a painful past, finds herself drawn into a shady world filled with innocent lives ruined and innocent lives taken, she can't ignore their dilemmas.

Not able to trust the police, she seeks out State's Attorney Grayson Smith, who saves her life at their first meeting. He quickly becomes an important part of her life. Together they uncover vile crimes, including murders, t
Nadine
Feb 24, 2012 Nadine rated it really liked it
Awilk -never sleeps-
Karen Rose has quickly become one of my favourite authors, and No One Left To Tell hasn't changed this, only reinforced her place of honour on my bookshelf.
Yet again I loved both Paige and Grayson as the main characters, and the secondary characters, such as Joseph, Clay and Daphne are people I want to read more about. I also enjoyed catching up with Stevie, JD and Lucy.
As always, this book was one I couldn't put down, so I was awake till the wee hours finishing this, and then couldn't sleep as
Darcy
This one grabbed me from the start and didn't let go until the end. I loved how one little action at the start of the book unraveled a whole host of other bad things. When we finally got to the end I was stunned by what happened, by who was behind things, and to the lengths they went to, to hide their actions.

I did love Grayson and his family. I love how his brothers and sisters were there for him, they were so close, but weren't really related by blood. Even the parents were great in claiming a
Gail
Jan 11, 2012 Gail rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Karen Rose's books and have loved them all. This one is no exception. It did take me a little longer to get into it, primarily due to lots of peripheral characters, but then I was well and truly hooked.
I won't go into the plot, as this has already been covered by other reviewers, but it has all the classic KR ingredients; murder, investigation and romance.
Thumping good read and highly recommended. Can't wait for the next book; hopefully this will focus on Clay and Stevie.
Anne
Oct 11, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2015
Another great story in this series. They are consistently good and I'm worried because this is #13 of 15 and I'll be out of finished books soon! I like how they are all related but not too tightly so there are always new people, places and stories. The villains are seriously creepy, disgusting.
Vicki Papworth
Mar 26, 2012 Vicki Papworth rated it really liked it
This is a book that has wealthy people, poor people, a wrongly charged man who has been in jail for 20 years, child molestation and more. Paige (the heroine) tries to solve all the puzzles with the help of Grayson - who actually put the man behind bars years ago - and of course there is a love interest. But................it's up to you to read who and where.
2-3-4 Challenge B...: * No One Left to Tell by Karen Rose 7 9 Feb 16, 2017 10:22AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please separate (super) 6 17 Dec 26, 2015 09:52AM
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Waking Evil (Mindhunters, #2)
  • Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
  • Caught in the Act
  • If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid, #3)
  • Cold in the Shadows (Cold Justice, #5)
  • Sweet Reward (Last Chance Rescue, #9)
OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
www.karenrosebooks.com

Internationally bestselling, RITA-award winning, author Karen Rose was born and raised in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. She met her husband, Martin, on a blind date when they were seventeen and after they both graduated from the University of Maryland, (Karen with a degree in Chemical Engineering) they moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. Karen worked as an e
More about Karen Rose...

Romantic Suspense (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1)
  • Have You Seen Her? (Romantic Suspense, #2)
  • I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3; Chicago, #2)
  • Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4; Chicago, #3)
  • You Can't Hide (Romantic Suspense, #5; Chicago, #4)
  • Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6; Chicago, #5)
  • Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1)
  • Scream for Me (Romantic Suspense, #8; Daniel Vartanian, #2)
  • Kill For Me (Romantic Suspense, #9; Daniel Vartanian, #3)
  • I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1)