Start by marking “Cradle of Solitude (Rogue Angel #33)” as Want to Read:
Cradle of Solitude (Rogue Angel #33)

Cradle of Solitude (Rogue Angel #33)

It was dumb luck that archaeologist Annja Creed happened to be in Paris when the skeletal remains of a Confederate soldier were discovered. This was no ordinary soldier, but the keeper of a treasure that could have affected the outcome of the war. Annja is unraveling a 150-year-old mystery and a trail of clues to the treasure--but she's not the only one. Original.
Published November 1st 2011 by Gold Eagle

To ask other readers questions about Cradle of Solitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cradle of Solitude

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Lost Symbol by Dan BrownAn Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
The "Can't Wait" Book of '09
390th out of 443 books — 2,064 voters
Moon Called by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona AndrewsThe Girl with Ghost Eyes by M.H. BorosonRosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuireSome Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
Awesomest Urban Fantasy Heroines
158th out of 176 books — 62 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather Willson
Jun 30, 2012 Heather Willson rated it it was amazing
My fifth Rogue Angel (so glad they dont have to be read in order!). Got my dad hooked with the tie-in to American history
Lianne Burwell
Jun 20, 2012 Lianne Burwell rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
The Cradle of Solitude is basically a heist novel. The body of a Confederate soldier who was involved in smuggling the CSA treasury to safety is found in the catacombs under Paris. Anja, who is in town, gets pulled in to examine the body, and ends up an the hunt to find the treasure before a secret organization that was behind the long-dead Captain's death can get to it.

All in all, I had a lot of fun with this book. I just had one minor quibble. One assumes that the Captain died not long after t
Douglas Larson
Nov 30, 2013 Douglas Larson rated it liked it
This was the first Alex Archer book I read and I liked it, though I found the number of people who get killed a bit unnerving. There are now more than 40 books in this series, all featuring Aanya as the protangonist, who has inherited the sword of Joan of Arc. The sword has some sort of magical or mystical properties because Aanya keeps it in a nether world and simply mentally summons it and it appears in her hand.
I read somewhere that if you read the series in sequence you gradually learn deta
Kathy Davie
Jun 25, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, archeology, urban
Thirty-third in the Rogue Angel urban fantasy series about a sword-wielding archeologist who rights the wrongs. This installment starts in Paris and includes Garin Braden.

My Take
It's the usual for Annja Creed---violence and mayhem, but with an extra dose of brutality and viciousness from the major bad guy. We do discover how Braden has been keeping such excellent track of Annja---it's both a blessing and a curse.

There's always a bit of tension with Garin as you never know if he'll try to kill An
April
Nov 30, 2013 April rated it it was ok
I stumbled across this book while looking for an ebook to check out from the library, and it was billed as sort of Indiana Jones or Laura Croft adventure. It sounded fun. After reading it, I would more say it is a National Treasure Extra Light. There is only one "riddle" in the book to solve (although the protagonist draws it out by breaking in down into sections), and I feel certain Indiana Jones would have solved it in just under an hour especially with the use of the Internet. I also found th ...more
Shelley
*Genre* Science Fiction, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*Review*

Cradle of Solitude finds our heroine Annya Creed on a lost treasure hunt. While in Paris on what seems to be yet another vacation, Annya is asked by the local police to consult in an urgent matter. The locals, it seems, have found the skeletal remains of a Confederate States of America (CSA) Captain by the name of William Parker. Parker somehow ended up dead in an underground catacomb under the streets of Paris and the police want to know how.
David
Jun 02, 2013 David rated it really liked it
Shelves: action-adventure
Cradle of Solitude is fun, light adventure fare. It has a great deal in common with pulp adventure, and the parallels to Lara Croft are obvious. There is an element of fantasy- Annja has a magic sword- but in this book, its importance is limited and everything else about the story is straight-up contemporary adventure (think National Treasure with a body count). I'd probably enjoy the series more without the fantasy element, but it's so minor that it didn't ruin the story for me. This isn't the ...more
Cindy
Aug 06, 2014 Cindy added it
Great adventure. LOVED that Garin was along for the ride. These books are so much more fun when either he or Roux are involved. Even better if both are. Action packed.
John Hanscom
Nov 09, 2011 John Hanscom rated it liked it
OK, but only OK. This series is written by several authors, using the Archer name, as with Franklin W. Dixon and Carolyn Keene. This was fairly exciting, but it repeated some of the previous books (an alligator in stead of a shark, but the same action), and had a "deus ex machina" ending.
T.S.
Nov 23, 2011 T.S. rated it it was ok
For a mens adventure series the Rogue angel series is a good one. However, I think that the good stuff is gone from this series. The plot is good but the story is getting very predictable. Just how many World conspiracies are there?
C
Aug 27, 2012 C rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-on-tape
Picked this up on the advice of a Trucker during my road trip. Hoky but entertaining in that it helped the 13 hour ride go by
Ankt
Jul 12, 2012 Ankt rated it really liked it
a good enjoyable book. I would have liked a little more detail. I just wish they wouldn't wrap up so fast.
Jason Hua
Jason Hua rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Trista
Trista marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Kanen
Kanen added it
Sep 25, 2016
Crystal Witt
Crystal Witt marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Lo r n a J. Dodge
Lo r n a J. Dodge rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
loisa
loisa added it
Sep 09, 2016
Ronald Lowe
Ronald Lowe marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Stacy Beeson
Stacy Beeson marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Malak Adny
Malak Adny marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Deania Sohlden
Deania Sohlden marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
  • A Vampire's Vindication  (Vampire, #3)
  • Acquired: The CEO's Small-Town Bride (The Takeover, #6)
  • Chance of a Lifetime
  • Sara's Mates (Sugar Creek #3)
  • Who Were the Early Israelites and Where Did They Come From?
  • Frostbite (Last Call #5)
  • The Reckoning (Immortals, #5.5, #6.5, #7.5)
  • Falling Ashes (Fire Mage, #3)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • The Vampire Narcise (Regency Draculia, #3)
  • Avengers/X-Men: Bloodties
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • In Good Hands
A house name for the Rogue Angel series, published by the Harlequin Publishing's Gold Eagle division.

The first eight novels were written by Victor Milan and Mel Odom. New writers joining the series starting with book nine include Jon Merz and Joseph Nassise.
More about Alex Archer...

Rogue Angel (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • Destiny (Rogue Angel #1)
  • Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2)
  • The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3)
  • The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4)
  • Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5)
  • The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel #6)
  • God of Thunder (Rogue Angel #7)
  • Secret of the Slaves (Rogue Angel #8)
  • Warrior Spirit (Rogue Angel #9)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Rogue Angel #10)