Doctor Who: Robophobia (Big Finish Audio Drama, #149)

Doctor Who: Robophobia (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #149)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Nothing has ever been officially confirmed, but there is a rumour that on a Sandminer, bound for Kaldor City, the robots somehow turned homicidal and nearly wiped out the entire crew. Can that really be true?

The robot transport ship Lorelei has a cargo of over 157,000 robots on board, all deactivated. So even if there were any truth in the rumour of that massacre, there'd...more
Audio CD
Published July 31st 2011 by Big Finish Productions (first published July 2011)

Jean-marcel
Some Spoilers here:

My expectations for Robophobia were, perhaps, unreasonably high. It seemed hyped a bit before its release, and Nicholas Briggs seemed rather excited about having written and put it together. I really like Robots of Death a lot, thinking that its worst fault is that it should clearly have been called Corpse marker instead. So, yes, I was really looking forward to Robophobia.

It's intriguing enough and kept me listening, but I'm a bit on the fence about it. In some ways it's a ve...more
Wendy
If you were to force me to pick my single favorite televised Doctor Who story, I might well choose Robots of Death. First, because it actually seriously engages with a science-fictional idea (albeit one largely stolen from Isaac Asimov). Second, because of its visual design, especially of the robots, which perfectly illustrate the idea of the uncanny valley, being just not-human enough to be creepy. And third, because Leela's in it.

So, I wasn't entirely sure how I'd feel about a direct sequel d...more
Nicholas Whyte
Nicholas Briggs' Robophobia is an excellent sequel to Robots of Death, whose events are only dimly known to the crew of the robot freighter where the Seventh Doctor lands. It's an sfnal murder mystery, with a good script and excellent delivery, the cast including Nicola Walker from Spooks, Big Finish regular (and TV Dalek operator) Nicholas Pegg, and Toby Hadoke of Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf; strongly recommended.
Steven
The Doctor arrives on a spaceship transporting over a hundred thousand potentially deadly robots.
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Shelby Smith
Shelby Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Dallas
Dallas marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Dominic
Dominic marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Jennifer Gilbert
Jennifer Gilbert marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Nicholas Briggs is a British actor and writer, predominantly associated with the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who and its various spin-offs. Some of Briggs' earliest Doctor Who-related work was as host of The Myth Makers, a series of made-for-video documentaries produced in the 1980s and 1990s by Reeltime Pictures in which Briggs interviews many of the actors and writers involved i...more
More about Nicholas Briggs...
Doctor Who: The Dalek Generation Doctor Who: Sword of Orion (Big Finish Audio Drama, #17) Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time (Big Finish Audio Drama, #1) Doctor Who: Lucie Miller Doctor Who: Embrace the Darkness (Big Finish Audio Drama #31)