Start by marking “A Heart Speaks” as Want to Read:
A Heart Speaks

A Heart Speaks

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  730 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Back by popular demand, here are two of the beloved New York Times bestselling author's favorite novels--Forsaking All Others and A Promise to Cherish--together in one volume. These love stories have passed the test of the time and are sure to enthrall fans new and old.

Forsaking All Others

Paperback
Published August 15th 1986 by Jove (first published January 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about A Heart Speaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Heart Speaks

Jane Stewart
3 stars for two stories.

FORSAKING ALL OTHERS.

I did not like the plot, but I enjoyed the book because the writing was so good. It’s full writing. I liked the happy ending. There were some touching scenes. It’s half the length of a regular novel.

STORY:
Allison is a gifted photographer. She needs a male model for a current photography job and gets Rick through an agency. He is physical perfection. He models to support his passion painting wildlife. He falls for Allison immediately. She won’t allow h
Liesl
Forsaking All Others: Spirited Allison Scott thought she had everything -- a promising career and Jason, an exciting lover. Together, as photographer and model, they would make it to the top. Then Jason left, shattering her heartfelt dreams.
Allison's new model, Rick Lang, has Jason's perfect good looks, but is charming and attentive as well. He seems to good to be true -- and Allison doesn't trust him one bit. But his tender lovemaking and persistent caring began to wear down her defenses. Still
Rebecca Dean
Re-read these books again in July 2014. Read first time back in 1987.

A Heart Speaks contains 2 short novels: A Promise to Cherish and Forsaking All Others.

Both are excellent books and both are great examples of the wonderful writing of LaVyrle Spencer.
Lynn
Sep 30, 2014 Lynn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Kayla
Really, I just love Forsaking All Others. I read A Promise to Cherish only once, and I liked it pretty well (I'd give it 3 to 4 stars), but I've read Forsaking All Others countless times. It's the one that first got me into romance and has still remained my all-time favorite love story many years later.

The copy I own is old and quite abused with the cover torn off. I never keep books that are in such bad condition with this one exception. I had swiped this book from my grandmother's house, and n
Ashley♥Alexis
I've really enjoyed other LaVyrle Spencer books but for some reason this one didnt do anything for me. Thet werent bad stories at all i just didnt like them as much as i've liked some of her other stuff. I enjoyed A Promise to Cherish for the dialog. loved it.
Liza
Definitely "old" romance. I didn't care too much for the second story, but the first one was nice. A woman so hurt by a past love that she refuses to believe the handsome man coming on to her really wants her. It took a frustratingly long time for her to come around, but it was eautiful in the end.
Dottie
NOT the standard Spencer though I must admit I've not read any for ages and these two are earlier works. Maybe I've just lost my fluff tolerance somewhere along the way but these two just didn't strike much of an interest for me one way or another. Ho-hum time.
Pat
I bought this book thinking that it was one that I hadn't read....turns out I had. It two books combined under a new title. "Forsaking All Others" and "A Promise to Cherish". Reread them anyway.
Phyllis Rodgers
meh. two love stories. sweetly written, but pretty predictable.
Joy
Aug 05, 2012 Joy added it
Read both stories but in separate volumes.
Jillie Anne
Kinda ok... Liked both stories ok...
Cws
Sep 19, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Spe
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Jaye
Jaye added it
Nov 15, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
  • Here Comes the Bride
  • Swept Away
  • The Searching Hearts
  • One Fine Day (Molly, #2)
  • Below the Surface
  • All They Need
  • Private Affairs
  • Father's Day (Harlequin Romance #3130)
  • Princess Charming (Men from Special Branch #2)
  • The Hunger (Companion, #2)
  • The Shadow of the Lynx
  • Billionaire's Proposition (Silhouette Desire, #1699)
  • Unexpectedly Expecting!
  • The Last True Cowboy
LaVyrle Spencer is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988.

Spencer is known for creating realistic characters and stories that focu
More about LaVyrle Spencer...
Morning Glory Separate Beds Small Town Girl Family Blessings That Camden Summer