Start by marking “Charles Kuralt's American Moments” as Want to Read:
Charles Kuralt's American Moments

Charles Kuralt's American Moments

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  14 reviews
To many, Charles Kuralt was the real and true voice of America, a man often compared to Mark Twain, Will Rogers, John Steinbeck, and Ernie Pyle.Kuralt's last television and book project was a series of short television spots called "An American Moment with Charles Kuralt". They were syndicated to news stations around the country, beginning in January of 1997 and running th...more
Published November 24th 1998 by Simon & Schuster (first published November 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Charles Kuralt's American Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charles Kuralt's American Moments

Annie
A nice, quick read. It was a trip through America, and a trip back in time. I enjoyed reading every little vignette. Gives you a different perspective on American life that was at one time and, amazingly, actually still is. I can still hear his voice, and that is the way to read this book, with Charles Kuralt narrating the words for you.
Maurean
As I said, “Charles Kuralt’s American Moments” is a collection of his stories of America, given in what were to be ninety-second long broadcast’s; a brief but lasting impression of his views on the American spirit and the people who create it. From the Cape of Disappointment in Washington State, to the deer of the lower Keys of Florida; from Mr. Ralph Woodside, who repairs victrolas in his Georgetown, Mass. workshop, to Naomi Lewis, the postmaster in Ochopee, FL., the smallest post office in the...more
Philip
I never viewed the authors tv travel shows....The places visited in the book were short but wetted the appetite enough to be romanticized enough to visit or read more about.
Chandler
Heartwarming tales of the American spirit through roads less traveled. Kuralt was a one of a kind American treasure that will never be replicated. No one else could describe the odd, unique, or just plain mundane quite like Kuralt. This reads like a good travel guide to see the America that AAA or any other guidebook will not point you to.
Judy
This is a compilation of Charles Kuralt's ninety second TV anecdotes that he presented over the years. They are pure Americana telling about people, places and things that truly reflect the lifeblood of our nation. The book is a quick, light read.
Terry
Vignettes about places, people, and things that struck Kuralt's fancy and represent what is good about America. This are such sketchy vignettes that they don't really add much to our knowledge of America life.
Cathyz
been a while since I've read this book, but I remember how much I enjoyed it. good stories about real people who make America what it is.
Tom
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Kuralt relates tales of the American people as only a great storyteller can
Brandon
Talk about slap-dash! This is basically just the transcipts of a handful of TV segments he did.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Little essays on America that are almost short poems.
Judge Leverich
Very quick read with some good short stories.
Diane
reread in honor of the 4th of July
John
One of my all time favorites.
Gbell
just starting
Cat_ski
Cat_ski marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Judy Hodges
Judy Hodges marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Cindilee
Cindilee marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Nett
Nett added it
Apr 08, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Charles Kuralt was an award-winning American journalist. He was most widely known for his long career with CBS, first for his "On the Road" segments on The CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite, and later as the first anchor of CBS News Sunday Morning, a position he held for fifteen years.

Kuralt's "On the Road" segments were recognized twice with personal Peabody Awards. The first, awarded in 1968...more
More about Charles Kuralt...
Charles Kuralt's America A Life on the Road On the Road with Charles Kuralt The Charles Kuralt Collection: Charles Kuralt's America/A Life on the Road Charles Kuralt's Summer