Start by marking “Destiny” as Want to Read:
Destiny

Destiny

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  438 ratings  ·  38 reviews
A fabulously addictive read from a bestselling author, filled with glamour, passion and desireOrphan Kate Fox is determined to make her mark in the world, and with her gorgeous looks, what better way to secure her future than to marry money? When she attracts the attention of media mogul Marcus Broder - sophisticated, powerful and wealthy beyond measure - it seems as thoug ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny

Chanpreet
The first book by Louise Bagshawe I read was A Kept Woman/For All the Wrong Reasons in 2000. It was about a gold digging woman who marries a wealthy man but then can not turn a blind eye to his cheating on her in return for his money. She just happens to work in publishing too and ends up divorcing her husband, who becomes vindictive when she doesn't disappear from the NY social scene.

Cut to 2011 and Destiny, which is Louise Bagshawe's latest release. Kate Fox is an orphan whose mother ingraine
Mekerei
Destiny is a typical Louise Bagshawe novel. It's chick lit that follows the path of her others.

It would have been shorter if she didn't have to describe in detail what every woman wore. I liked this in the first novels I read by Louise Bagshawe but the am over it now (I've read way too many by her).

Girl comes from a sad background - struggles to make it - makes knight in shining Armour - marries him - they don't live happily ever after.

What does she do? Will you'll need to read it to find out.

Th
Louise Rose-Innes
I really enjoyed this book. The heroine worked for me. She was sassy, determined and used everything she had to get ahead in life. Her courage was inspiring and I felt her pain. I was rooting for her all the way to the end!
Ruzanna
Well, Louise Bagshawe has done it again. I was captivated the moment I flipped the first page. The story itself plays inside your head like you were either watching a movie or you were the characters themselves and by the time you reach the end of the journey, you'd have cried your heart out. Tears mixed with joy and sadness. A very heartbreaking yet touching story. I won't say any more than that as I don't wish to give out spoilers but this is the type of book I won't mind reading again and aga ...more
Rosie
crap awful one of her worst books.
Leah
Orphan Kate Fox is determined to make her mark in the world, and with her gorgeous looks, what better way to secure her future than to marry money? When she attracts the attention of media mogul Marcus Broder – sophisticated, powerful and wealthy beyond measure – it seems as though all of Kate’s dreams have come true. But marriage to Marcus isn’t everything she imagined. A closet filled with designer clothes, and nothing to do with her time but shop, lunch and be beautiful, does not bring happin ...more
Rosie
I think at the back of every woman's mind there is the desire to have a rich husband and just live off of him. I know I've certainly fantasised about the idea. Here we see Kate Fox with the same dream, the same goal and shows us exactly why you should be careful what you wish for.

Since Kate was 16 she has done everything she could to achieve her dream of marrying a rich man. Not long after getting what she's desired for so long, she realised how different it all really is. This book shows you th
Best Books To Read
I only recently started reading Louise Bagshawe. I know that she has written for many ears but have not read any of her earlier books. The most recent book I read was named Desire and had a suspiciously similar cover to this one. I enjoyed the last one and felt that it as chick lit with an element of ‘thriller’ thrown in for good measure. I felt that this book was irmly rooted back to the solely chick lit genre which is not necessarily a bad thing.

The first thing that struck me in the first half
Ronke
I used to be a real Louise Bagshawe fan back in the day and I still love her earlier books such as Career Girls, The Movie Set, Tall Poppies, Monday’s Child and Tuesday’s Child. She really was one of the first authors to bring blockbusters into the 21st century and was quite rightly dubbed the new Jackie Collins. I stopped following her books when they dropped off the boil around the time when she was making political moves (cough cough) because they seemed to lack the spark that made me fall in ...more
Alexandra
Kate Fox was brought up by her hard working single mother. Kate is a pretty girl, whose mother drums it into her to marry rich. And she will never have to struggle, like her mother does. This advice stays with Kate, as she navigates her way through the rich men of New York. She eventually meets Marcus Broder. A very rich but controlling man. And quickly realises. This life isn't for her. Marcus doesn't like, not being in control. And so starts his thirst for revenge.
Ann Nestor
Overall, I thought the author gave a great storyline to the reader by explaining Kate's life and how she became rich and the incidents that occured in her life. However there were two faults in this novel, to me as a reader. Firstly, I am a fan of romance in novels but I found that there were two many sex scenes in the book, the character Marcus Broder was portrayed to us as a sex addict, as long as he had someone to satisfy him with sexual pleasure when he came home from work, he was happy.
Sec
Aileen
Kate Fox lost her mum at 16 years old, her father abandoned her, and
therefore she was an Orphan. Kate is a god digger and gets exactly what
she wants, eventually she sets her sights on Marcus Border they start
dating and before long they are married (his fourth marriage), and she
starts to lead the life she has always wanted.
However her marriage to Marcus isn’t what she thought it would ne and
she’s not happy, she’s bored she wants a job. Her best friend Emily
advises her to divorce Marcus, but
Jess
I really enjoyed this book.
It's beautifully written, and the storyline is great.
The only reason I didnt give it 5/5 stars was because there was a few things that kind of bugged me. I didn't really get how at the end, just because Kate gave a little 'speech' how it solved everthing, and also WHY Marcus hated her so much. She left him. So what? It wasn't as if he loved her and wanted her back. Yes, he was a control freak but he had someone new practically straight away.
Anyway, it's a great read.
Sian
Oh dear what is happening with Louise Bagshawe.
She has been a favourite author of mine for years but it seems her writing and storylines are going downhill.

This was pretty much the same as A Kept Woman one of her earlier books...which is absolutely fantastic!
Even the names were similar....Diana Foxton (A Kept Woman) Kate Fox in this one.

I could have forgiven the duplicate storyline if the writing and characters had been as good as they were in A Kept Woman but they really werent.

I only finished
Lizzy Wallis
I've got into Louise Bagshawe books, this one was good, in that I couldn't put it down, I like imagining the outfits and its kinda cool that she mentions the fictitious jewelry house. I do think it is quite sad how Kate sells herself short.
Andie Long
So disappointed! I love Louise and her girl comes good books, with loads of bitchiness and designer lifestyles. This felt like half a book. There were hardly any characters. Most appeared for just a few pages. The awful businessman hardly did anything awful. In fact for a "mogul" he was braindead. There was the odd page which flashed with brilliance but unfortunately more that made me cringe with embarrassment, I quote "watching him work filled her with such admiration, such hero-worship, that s ...more
Thwe Naw

This book really was definitely worthy to spend my two days. At first, I thought it was a little bit boring and my impression for Kate Fox didn't get larger than the gold digger. As the story goes on, it was unable for me to put the book down that I kept turning over the pages. The author's portrayal of Kate made us feel the two ways that she described Kate, as a workaholic Kate and a half-gold digger Kate. The developing romance between Kate and David was well-written and I liked the way Louis
Tanya
An easy fast moving fun read.. wanted something a bit lighter and carefree after reading The Iron Necklace. You can't go wrong with this author.
Julia
This wasn't my favorite book of hers, but it was still pretty fabulous.
However, the beginning was rather slow (and annoying), and I didn't like how the word "ass" was used so often. Also I don't really enjoy the whole domineering male presence in sex.
But otherwise, this book was marvelous in the sense that it had love and passion and some revenge. And it was about magazines (which seems to be a popular topic for the books I've read recently) which was interesting.
And all of her books make me
Adele
Admittedly this book took a while to draw me in. The drawn out start of setting the scene with Kate's background is worth it in the end though and makes the overall plot much stronger. It is different to the other Louise Bagshawe novels that I've read - no FBI/violence element to it but I enjoyed it just as much as the others. I really liked the character of Kate. Such a fantastic novel and not your typical chic lit although I did weep a bit. Once twice though! A definite pick me up chicks rule ...more
Katherine Hayward
I really enjoyed this book, and Kate's story is an interesting one-her determination shines through-but the narrator's voice on the Kindle ebook version of the book was slightly irritating. Overall, Louise Bagshawe has done it again, written a great novel.
See more on my reading blog, www.myreadingparadise.wordpress.com.
Dyanne J
I like the idea of 'picking yourself up after falling' in this novel as portrayed by Kate Fox. It inspired me to become more determined in everything i do. I love the part when Kate is so determined to achieve her dreams though her mother had died. I love her character. I love this book.
Felicity M

So easy to read and get lost in- the money, the fashion, the New York life, the beautiful people!!
Thoroughly enjoyed this, loved all the characters and the way the story flowed...
So jealous of Kate's wardrobe too!!!
Definitely a chick flick and one to read if you need a pick-me-up!
A nice easy read but found that there was a bit too much almost product placement, with the descriptions of each item of an outfit by brand, colour etc. Found that i often just skipped over those parts throughout the book.
Shelby Aldous
I personally thought this was the best of Bagshawe's books. I loved the determination the main character and pleased it ended well for her. Pleasant with a bumpy ride!
Abbe
an ok book but wasnt exactly hanging on the edge of my seat to read it, the ending was a bit sudden too and not that much really happening throughout.
Michelle
Another excellent book by Louise Bagshaw. She really takes you away from reality. This book is one of her better ones and is a must read!
Lisa
Better than the last few of Louise's novels but still nothing on When She was Bad, The Devil You Know and The Kept Woman.
Umarani
Major disappointment. I'm disappointed in the weakness of what could have been a great inspiring character in Kate Fox.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 19, 2015 05:40PM
  • Scandalous
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • Trades of the Flesh
  • The Secret Shopper Affair
  • Honey Trap
  • Original Sin
  • Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)
  • Other Womans Shoes
  • Beauty
  • Up Close
  • A Matter of Trust
  • California Dreamers
  • New York Valentine (Annie Valentine, #5)
Louise Daphne Bagshawe was born on 28 June 1971 in England, UK. She attended local all-girls Catholic schools near her family home in Surrey, before going to Oxford University in 1989. After graduating with a degree in Anglo Saxon and Norse, she worked as press officer with EMI records and then as a marketing official with Sony Music. On her 22nd birthday, her passion for writing was realised with ...more
More about Louise Bagshawe...
Glamour Tuesday's Child Glitz Sparkles Passion