Start by marking “All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)” as Want to Read:
All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)

All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #7)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  171,941 Ratings  ·  3,340 Reviews
Betrayed by her longtime vampire love, and with a new man - a shapeshifter - in her life, Sookie's got quite enough to deal with without having to contend with the long-awaited vampire summit . . .Sookie's beginning to get used to being surrounded by all varieties of undead, changeling, shapeshifting and other supernatural beings - but even she has her limits. She'd really ...more
Published (first published May 2007)

To ask other readers questions about All Together Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Together Dead

Chloe
You know the worst thing about these books? They're like cotton candy. On face they look incredibly filling and satisfying but then you bite into them and the fluffy candy mass turns into so much sugar and you're just as hungry when you're finished as you were when you started. Except now you're out of money and your mom wants you to ride the Ferris wheel with your little sister.

I've devoured all seven of the Sookie books and now I want more, except there aren't any more. Yet. No one should conf
Kristin
Aug 15, 2009 Kristin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one--watch Alan Ball's version.
Recommended to Kristin by: Alan Ball--I blame you!
Miranda
Oct 14, 2008 Miranda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire-fiction
Snooze fest. The avalanche of characters and the painful descriptions of the wedding just came so ridiculous, and I had to skip many pages. I am not the biggest fan of Quinn -- so that could be my reluctance to this book. I just wish Sookie would go to Eric and stop fighting her feelings.
I quite enjoyed this book, although it did remind me a bit of ‘Living Dead in Dallas’ where Sookie is also asked to go with the vampires to use her telepathic abilities, and finds another telepath called Barry, who also shows up in this one.
This book was a bit slow and heavy-going in places, but I still enjoyed it, and I liked the unexpected twist at the end, as I really didn’t see it coming! (view spoiler)
Becky
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Again, I have to mention that this series is in desperate need of a decent editor. I mentioned this in my review of Book 5 (Dead as a Doornail):
"Jason's boss is Shirley (Catfish) Hennessey in Book 4, but in Book 5, all of a sudden he's Shirley (Catfish) Hunter. What?!?" In Book 7, we're now back to a version of Hennessey, although it's misspelled as "Hennessy".

This series as a whole, is interesting, mysterious and sexy. I feel the need to find out where this is all going,
Misha
Jan 11, 2010 Misha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, vampires, 2010
One of the consequences of reading these in rapid succession is that it's easier to catch continuity errors. I'm on Chapter 2 and have spotted two. Harris has Sookie think about how she's 26, but Sookie was 26 in the very first book and more than a year has elapsed since the events in that book. She also thinks about how Selah Pomphrey has been dating Bill for "weeks," but Selah has been dating bill since Book 5, and that book was set in late winter/early spring. This book is set in late Septemb ...more
Katty
Nov 26, 2008 Katty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laughed-out-loud
My absolute favorite Sookie stackhouse to date. A lot of stuff happens in this book, but towards the end the action is great and goes somewhere you weren't really sure Ms. Harris would take you. Sookie travels to a Vampire Summit with Queen Sophie-Ann's entourage, which lends to some hilarious moments with different vamps and the fangbangers at their side. Like I said before, there is a lot more action then in previous books which is just exciting. Plus Quinn and Eric play for sookie's interest. ...more
Geraldine O'Hagan
Oct 17, 2011 Geraldine O'Hagan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tonya
Nov 30, 2008 Tonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best one in the series! Easy read, Eric comes center stage for sure. A Bill fan no longer am I.
Jim
Still very entertaining, but I was disappointed by her adding creatures from another dimension that could become invisible. It was a bit too much for me. The parts could have been handled by other supernatural creatures without going so far afield. It went too far beyond the scope of the world she's created without a good reason.

Also, the setup by the Fellowship was too transparent & unrealistic. The security lapses were just too gross & the scheme was ludicrous.

I did like finding out m
Jilly
So, there's a big event that has a lot of protesters who want to kill all of the people at the event. All of the people attending this event are staying at the same hotel which supposedly has great security, because, again, there are crazies who literally would LOVE to kill everyone in attendance. Soon after arrival, each and every party gets a phone call from the management of the hotel saying that there is an extra piece of luggage that belongs to them and they need to come down and pick it up ...more
Richard Derus
Rating: 3.4* of five

The Publisher Says: Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every sort of undead and paranormal creature imaginable. And after being betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Sookie must not only deal with a new man in her life—the shapeshifter Quinn—but also contend with the long-planned vampire summit.

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of Louisiana is in a precarious position, her power base weakened by hurricane damage to
Marianne
Dec 21, 2016 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All Together Dead is the seventh full-length novel in the Sookie Stackhouse series by popular American author, Charlaine Harris. As well as preparing for imminent weddings, Sookie has to get a wardrobe together for the Vampire Summit to be held in Rhodes. The Queen of Louisiana, Sophie-Ann Leclerq has engaged Sookie’s services as a telepath to assist with various negotiations and deals.

And of course, Sookie is the only witness to the murder of the Queen’s late husband, the King of Arkansas, Pet
Wanda
Yay, Sookie finally has a woman friend! We are getting into Bechdel test territory, as they are close to having conversations about something besides men and Bob the cat (an unfortunate man turned into a cat by Sookie’s friend Amelia, when trying some magic that she shouldn’t have been messing with).

And if Sookie doesn’t get the vampire-employee-of-the-year award for her performance in this book, I want to know the reason why. The undead had better acknowledge her courage and value in the next i
Jeffrey Michael
Jul 08, 2013 Jeffrey Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. I also love the True Blood series that's based on this series of books. I've always been a believer in not reading the book if you're going to watch the movie, read it afterward but for this series the rule doesn't apply. They've changed the series so much from the book that I can read the books and still enjoy the HBO series. I enjoy both and this book follows right along with the previous Sookie Stackhouse installments. Ms. Harris has a penchant for leaving me hanging on th ...more
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
I haven't read this in a couple years, but I remember thinking it was my favorite since book 4, Dead to the World. Eric is in it more too. If I'm remembering correctly, there's a lot more action and excitement. There's more Quinn in this one and Sookie meets another telepath, Barry the Bellboy.

At the end of this one is a fantastic scene involving one of the Queen's children, Sookie, and Eric. Sookie's bond with Eric grows at the end because (view spoiler)
Maggie
Nov 26, 2008 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a hit for me. I love this series, even though it doesn't make me smarter or a better person for having read it. And even though it's totally unbelievable and Sookie is nothing like me, and a little silly.

In All Together Dead, she's heading to the Vampire summit, the Vampire Queen of Louisiana(that's right, Queen of Louisiana, see above paragraph)plans to use Sookie's telepathic abilities. She and Quinn are hot and heavy and Eric and Sookie's relationship also moves to another level
Dagny
This book was a letdown after the run of Sookie books which I thoroughly enjoyed. The bridal shower which even Sookie didn't enjoy was a big letdown.

It was fun to see Barry Bellboy again when he showed up at the Summit with the Dallas contingent. But the vampiric political shenanigans went on too long for me although many readers probably enjoyed this part. The various vampire royalty gushing about how glad they were to see someone and thinking how they wished somebody would come along and stake
Edna
Jul 22, 2010 Edna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, urban-fantasy
4.5 stars.

Pretty much from start to finish, I adored All Together Dead. Sure the reveals in it were pretty damn glaring but I definitely was entertained. It was interesting how Harris wrote it with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. It certainly brought more dire circumstances for the Louisiana group at the summit.

Sookie's romantic life wasn't holding this book down at all, it's quite obvious, at least to me, who she's meant to be with. ERIC. Judging by his actions/comments and even Pam's comm
Janelle Dazzlepants
Fabian
Dec 17, 2008 Fabian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one again culminates in a battlefield of a climax. I suppose Bill will no longer be part of the bizzarro love triangle, as Quinn the were-tiger (lame) debunks Bill. Eric is still a contender though...

Anyway, this one seemed a bit smaller a story than the others... probably because it all takes place in a hotel. The vamp summit is, of course, very eventful and the story continues with alligences being switched left and right and new characters developing while others are mercilessly killed o
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Sookie Stackhouse is becoming quite the popular waitress - for her telepathic gift, mostly. She accompanies the vampiric Queen of Louisiana and her entourage to the vampire summit near Chicago, in order to read the minds of the human hangers-on to the other vampires. In the aftermath of her disastrous wedding and Katrina, the Queen is facing a trial over the murder of her vampire husband, Peter Threadgill, and the dispute of his territory, Arkansas.

Sookie soon finds herself in demand as well as
Korynn
May 22, 2008 Korynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
For those who can't stand it any longer, Sookie and Quinn finally have some quality time in the beginning. Then her life goes back into the usual chaos she seems to thrive on, in this case a vampire summit during which A LOT of bad things happen and Sookie manages to entangle herself with her former beaus again. I liked this one because there are so many new characters and yet you get a strong impression of each one. Some old characters reveal a little more about themselves, in some cases too mu ...more
Angela
If Book 6 of the Sookie Stackhouse series was a turning point, then Book 7, All Together Dead, is the drawing of battle lines. Vampire politics, were politics, and an upsurge of human fanatic reaction to the undead are all in the forefront of this plot, making it arguably one of the most substantial of the Sookies to date.

Sookie is called upon to join the party of the Queen of Louisiana for a vampire summit in the (fictional) city of Rhodes. Once there, she has all sorts of competing pulls for h
noelle
Jul 21, 2011 noelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: do-not-own, ebooks
i haven't been reviewing these books because there's not a lot to review; they're just trashy and entertaining. every now and then, though, charlaine harris unleashes something as illuminating as this:

"Wow,” I said, watching Batanya stride away. She was wearing pants like liquid leather, and you could see each buttock flex and relax with her movement. It was like an anatomy lesson. She had muscles in her butt."

"she had muscles in her butt"? really? what a fucking terrible anatomy lesson. i enjo
Beth F.
Every time I take a break in between one Sookie book and the next I have to reacclimate myself to the heinosity. This series really is quite stupid. But I can't help myself, I love it.

Sookie's thought process at the beginning of the book over the merits of warm penis vs. cold penis was way too gross for me to handle. For real. But otherwise this one was alright...especially once the fireworks started at the end.
Abbie
May 26, 2014 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sookie was an okay character in this one, although there was a few times where she annoyed me.

I found the pacing in this one to be a bit slow, so there were times where it dragged. It was an alright read though.

Stephanie
Jul 17, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok. These books are silly, which is why I won't give any of them (so far) a five star, but they are very entertaining. junk food for the brain, and I love them.
Celise
I'm not sure what happened here, but this installment just wasn't that interesting.

I'm beyond the point in the series where I can convince myself that Sookie has a personality, but I've still managed to enjoy most of them.

This one featured Eric more than any of the books besides the fourth one, but Quinn and Bill were mixed in too. I remember liking Quinn before but Sookie's non comittal lack of interest in everyone for more than a chapter made it seem pointless. I very much doubt he's the end
Ali
This book was much better then the last three, Harris has seemed to calm down on making sookie such an ass and instead focused on giving us a great story. The only reason i'm giving this 3 stars instead of 4 is because 1. she added (YET AGAIN) a new "creature" to the world and another "dimension". the book already has enough confusing characters, races, etc. adding another lends an air of cheesy-ness to the book that could push it from being fun cheesy to roquefort. 2. quinn. he doesnt sound sex ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: All Together Dead 1 4 Dec 26, 2013 12:40PM
Does anyone know if the tv show will end at 7 seasons? 10 101 Aug 28, 2013 01:18PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris 1 2 Jun 19, 2013 09:19AM
What actor do you picture as Quinn?? 98 479 Apr 23, 2013 03:51AM
  • Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3)
  • The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian #7)
  • Unusual Suspects: Stories of Mystery & Fantasy
  • Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6)
  • Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was wr
More about Charlaine Harris...

Sookie Stackhouse (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
  • Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)
  • Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
  • Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)
  • From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
  • Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)

“Some might think you suicidal."
"Well, 'some' can stick it up their ass.”
263 likes
“Ha," I said. "Oh, ha-ha. Yeah, ’cause they love me. You see how many vampires are up here? Zero, right?"
One," said Eric, stepping out of the stairwell.”
247 likes