Start by marking “Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool #7)” as Want to Read:
Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool #7)

Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool Vol. II #7)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  517 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Deadpool, everyone's favorite fun-loving killer-for-hire, is back in business, taking on a new gig - in space! Will this job cement his rep as the best merc in the solar system, or will things like lack of oxygen and zero-gravity throw him off his game? One word: Maybe! Plus: The Wrecker, an immensely powerful psychopath, is on the loose and wreaking havoc. There's only on ...more
Published June 29th 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadpool

Nicolo Yu
Feb 09, 2016 Nicolo Yu rated it liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
One thing I like about reading Deadpool comics is the fact you don't need any commitment. This series by Daniel Way more so because of the limited backmatter the character has and that the writer is establishing his own canon for this run. One could read a random volume of the trades and not worry about the continuity. The "no-worrying about continuity" is the draw.

The title to the trade, "Space Oddity", is one of my favorite David Bowie tracks. That song was a classic; this book is not. This is
'kris Pung
Oct 22, 2014 'kris Pung rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this volume, way more zangy then the previous ones.
Sesana
Sep 22, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
In a word: meh. If I didn't like Deadpool so much, I'd rate it even lower. Possibly my least favorite trade from this iteration of Deadpool. Luckily, the episodic nature of the storylines (or, if you're less charitable, write-for-the-trade) means that what happens here will mostly stay here and I won't have to worry about it again. Yay!
Aaron
Mar 07, 2012 Aaron rated it liked it
I like that each story arc in this series stands on its own. It makes for accessible and varied idiocy, and leaves Deadpool free to go completely off the rails. It may not have the draw of a series that builds upon itself, but its certainly very fun and often laugh-out-loud funny. However, we are STILL dealing with this dumb theme of Deadpool wishing to be hero, and it is so damn cheesy that I can't forgive it.

This time around we get Deadpool facing off against a sentient moon that's going aroun
Ryan Stewart
Apr 03, 2015 Ryan Stewart rated it liked it
Would have gone with a two-star rating if not for the hilarious origin stories of Id and Ego from Deadpool's vantage point and a few super funny jokes interspersed here and there. Warning: this is even dumber than your average DP book. Easily my least favorite installment of the Way-era.
Kristen
I'm not a giant fan of space stuff, especially when it comes to current day kind of stuff, so this wasn't my favorite. Deadpool had some good lines, like usual, but this just wasn't really my cup of tea.
Lissibith
Mar 27, 2012 Lissibith rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-trades, sci-fi
Deadpool's still funny, but this current run is starting to feel a little samey. Not only that, but it seems to be pale shadows of some of his earlier adventures. Its not bad exactly, but its also not as good as previous entries.
Mira Domsky
Full of all the wise cracks, violence, weirdness and mayhem you hope for with Deadpool... in space!
Library
Jan 26, 2015 Library rated it really liked it
I don't usually enjoy space adventures but Deadpool style was a hilarious and fun read. Deadpool's space journey starts when the top assassin in the galaxy comes after him. Afterwards, he takes his heroic pursuit (and for intergalactic recognition) to space and battles Id, the selfish moon to save entire planets from being consumed. My favorite part was the crop circle that he had created on one of the planets to taunt Id. This volume contains issues 32-35 and claims issue 33.1 but all I saw was ...more
Scott
Jul 11, 2011 Scott rated it liked it
Daniel Way continues to deliver enjoyable Deadpool stories.
Paula
May 09, 2016 Paula rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
Liked it, enjoyable, as usual, Deadpooly.
Lissa
May 24, 2014 Lissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-2013
Whoa, what happened here? I found myself actually liking this trade!

The first issue is a point one (a "jumping on" point, even though it is set in the middle of a story arc), in which Deadpool is hired to make the Wrecker vacate an apartment. But things aren't what they seem, and Deadpool makes some different decisions. I really liked this issue and thought that Way captured Deadpool well (never thought that I would say that).

The next issue, which leads into the "Space Oddity" arc, involves Dea
Silas
Jun 24, 2014 Silas rated it really liked it
Deadpool in Space!
It's weird, and a nice change of pace, with people acting a bit less like he is totally insane, since they don't realize this isn't normal for humans. The aliens are suitably wacky, and it relates to some odd, old Marvel space stuff... though only for the main villain. It was enjoyable, but I'm also kind of glad it didn't overstay its welcome. The short side story was a fun diversion, as well.
Natalia Rox
Aug 18, 2014 Natalia Rox rated it liked it
Eh... Space.

Although for some reason I am happy that Deadpool got some lovin'. He is so good at keeping serious situations light that I think he deserves a win now and then, even if his girl looks like a space hippo.

Tommy
Sep 27, 2015 Tommy rated it liked it
Yet another in a parade of oddball characters. This time it's a celestial body. The writing wasn't bad but I didn't think the story was that interesting and the various drills and explosives was a tad confusing.
Ondra Král
Dec 27, 2015 Ondra Král rated it liked it
Deadpool proti velké planete v parodii na Armagedon. Příběh není nic moc, ale zachraňuje to několik dobrých gagů.
Léna
Mar 19, 2013 Léna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Génial ! Tout d'abord, Deadpool doit expulser The Wrecker de sa résidence ce qui n'est évidemment pas simple. Ensuite, il est embarqué dans une histoire intergalactique à cause d'un mercenaire extra-terrestre du nom de Macho Gomez et doit détruire une lune vivante !
Deadpool fait n'importe quoi, comme d'habitude mais agit toujours comme le doivent les vrais héros même quand ses deux voix intérieures essaient de l'en dissuader.
Un tome drôle et burlesque, EXTRÊMEMENT BIEN illustré... bref, un bon m
Alysha DeShaé
Awful
Chappy
Mar 27, 2016 Chappy rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, 2016
Deadpool tries to go heartless rogue for hire in the latest merc with a mouth adventure, with several spankin new stories.
Deadpools comics have the exact right blend of action, comedy and heart to keep you entertained the whole way through. I need to give it another read tonight to soak up every graphic, blood splat and quip this issue has to offer.
Sharon
Jan 19, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
B
Nov 22, 2012 B rated it liked it
Shelves: own
The first tale was jarring and not as satisfying as the authors intended.

The second story in this book is a cute little arc but nothing about it was really Deadpool like except the end.
Alex Brown
May 12, 2015 Alex Brown rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel
pretty good, plenty of funny comedy as with most deadpool comics, but not much for action. Kind if boring but it wasnt bad.
Story:7
Art:7
Action:4
Characters:5
(out of ten)
Katie McDermott
Jan 06, 2012 Katie McDermott rated it really liked it
The plot was a bit absurd (even moreso than usual) but the 1st half and the jokes more than make up for it
logankstewart
More comedy here, as Deadpool leaves Earth in order to prove that he's the baddest merc in the galaxy.
Daniel Butcher
Nov 15, 2011 Daniel Butcher rated it it was ok
Oh Deadpool, you have finally let me down!

Just too odd, even for a Deadpool book!
Sonic
Jan 13, 2013 Sonic rated it it was ok
Had some good laughs in it, I guess.

DeAnna Knippling
Apr 22, 2016 DeAnna Knippling rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ah, soup.

Tony Grogan
Tony Grogan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
  • Dark Reign: Deadpool/Thunderbolts
  • Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 8: Deadpool vs. the Marvel Universe
  • Deadpool Pulp
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2
  • DeadPool Corps (Deadpool Corps, #2)
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 2: Special Relationship
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 3: BFFs
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 1: Good Buddies
  • Deadpool, Vol. 2: Soul Hunter

Deadpool Vol. II (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1)
  • Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2)
  • Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool, #3)
  • Deadpool: Monkey Business (Deadpool, #4)
  • Deadpool: What Happened in Vegas (Deadpool, #5)
  • Deadpool: I Rule, You Suck (Deadpool, #6)
  • Deadpool: Operation Annihilation (Deadpool, #8)
  • Deadpool: Institutionalized (Deadpool, #9)
  • Deadpool: Evil Deadpool (Deadpool, #10)
  • Deadpool: Dead (Deadpool, #11)