Start by marking “Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool #7)” as Want to Read:
Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool #7)

Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool Vol. II #7)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  375 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Deadpool, everyone's favorite fun-loving killer-for-hire, is back in business, taking on a new gig - in space! Will this job cement his rep as the best merc in the solar system, or will things like lack of oxygen and zero-gravity throw him off his game? One word: Maybe! Plus: The Wrecker, an immensely powerful psychopath, is on the loose and wreaking havoc. There's only on ...more
Published June 29th 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadpool

'kris Pung
Really enjoyed this volume, way more zangy then the previous ones.
Sesana
In a word: meh. If I didn't like Deadpool so much, I'd rate it even lower. Possibly my least favorite trade from this iteration of Deadpool. Luckily, the episodic nature of the storylines (or, if you're less charitable, write-for-the-trade) means that what happens here will mostly stay here and I won't have to worry about it again. Yay!
Aaron
I like that each story arc in this series stands on its own. It makes for accessible and varied idiocy, and leaves Deadpool free to go completely off the rails. It may not have the draw of a series that builds upon itself, but its certainly very fun and often laugh-out-loud funny. However, we are STILL dealing with this dumb theme of Deadpool wishing to be hero, and it is so damn cheesy that I can't forgive it.

This time around we get Deadpool facing off against a sentient moon that's going aroun
Ryan Stewart
Would have gone with a two-star rating if not for the hilarious origin stories of Id and Ego from Deadpool's vantage point and a few super funny jokes interspersed here and there. Warning: this is even dumber than your average DP book. Easily my least favorite installment of the Way-era.
Lissibith
Deadpool's still funny, but this current run is starting to feel a little samey. Not only that, but it seems to be pale shadows of some of his earlier adventures. Its not bad exactly, but its also not as good as previous entries.
Mira Domsky
Full of all the wise cracks, violence, weirdness and mayhem you hope for with Deadpool... in space!
Library
I don't usually enjoy space adventures but Deadpool style was a hilarious and fun read. Deadpool's space journey starts when the top assassin in the galaxy comes after him. Afterwards, he takes his heroic pursuit (and for intergalactic recognition) to space and battles Id, the selfish moon to save entire planets from being consumed. My favorite part was the crop circle that he had created on one of the planets to taunt Id. This volume contains issues 32-35 and claims issue 33.1 but all I saw was ...more
Scott
Daniel Way continues to deliver enjoyable Deadpool stories.
Lissa
Whoa, what happened here? I found myself actually liking this trade!

The first issue is a point one (a "jumping on" point, even though it is set in the middle of a story arc), in which Deadpool is hired to make the Wrecker vacate an apartment. But things aren't what they seem, and Deadpool makes some different decisions. I really liked this issue and thought that Way captured Deadpool well (never thought that I would say that).

The next issue, which leads into the "Space Oddity" arc, involves Dea
Silas
Deadpool in Space!
It's weird, and a nice change of pace, with people acting a bit less like he is totally insane, since they don't realize this isn't normal for humans. The aliens are suitably wacky, and it relates to some odd, old Marvel space stuff... though only for the main villain. It was enjoyable, but I'm also kind of glad it didn't overstay its welcome. The short side story was a fun diversion, as well.
Natalia Rox
Eh... Space.

Although for some reason I am happy that Deadpool got some lovin'. He is so good at keeping serious situations light that I think he deserves a win now and then, even if his girl looks like a space hippo.

Léna
Génial ! Tout d'abord, Deadpool doit expulser The Wrecker de sa résidence ce qui n'est évidemment pas simple. Ensuite, il est embarqué dans une histoire intergalactique à cause d'un mercenaire extra-terrestre du nom de Macho Gomez et doit détruire une lune vivante !
Deadpool fait n'importe quoi, comme d'habitude mais agit toujours comme le doivent les vrais héros même quand ses deux voix intérieures essaient de l'en dissuader.
Un tome drôle et burlesque, EXTRÊMEMENT BIEN illustré... bref, un bon m
William Axtell
This was a good and funny story. Not quite as wild and imaginative as the previous couple of arcs but nevertheless Deadpool comes up with some killer lines as the complete loon jets off into space, fed up with being a hero and trying to be a mercenary, only to find that he seems to have grown a very inconvinient (and at times literally painful) conscience. Great fun but not manic genius as he sometimes can be.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
B
Nov 22, 2012 B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
The first tale was jarring and not as satisfying as the authors intended.

The second story in this book is a cute little arc but nothing about it was really Deadpool like except the end.
Alex Brown
pretty good, plenty of funny comedy as with most deadpool comics, but not much for action. Kind if boring but it wasnt bad.
Story:7
Art:7
Action:4
Characters:5
(out of ten)
Katie McDermott
The plot was a bit absurd (even moreso than usual) but the 1st half and the jokes more than make up for it
logankstewart
More comedy here, as Deadpool leaves Earth in order to prove that he's the baddest merc in the galaxy.
Daniel Butcher
Oh Deadpool, you have finally let me down!

Just too odd, even for a Deadpool book!
Sonic
Had some good laughs in it, I guess.

Rocio
Rocio marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
  • Dark Reign: Deadpool/Thunderbolts
  • Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 8: Deadpool vs. the Marvel Universe
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2
  • Deadpool Pulp
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
  • Deadpool, Vol. 2: Soul Hunter
  • DeadPool Corps (Deadpool Corps, #2)
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 1: Good Buddies
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 3: BFFs

Deadpool Vol. II (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1)
  • Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2)
  • Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool, #3)
  • Deadpool: Monkey Business (Deadpool, #4)
  • Deadpool: What Happened in Vegas (Deadpool, #5)
  • Deadpool: I Rule, You Suck (Deadpool, #6)
  • Deadpool: Operation Annihilation (Deadpool, #8)
  • Deadpool: Institutionalized (Deadpool, #9)
  • Deadpool: Evil Deadpool (Deadpool, #10)
  • Deadpool: Dead (Deadpool, #11)
Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1) Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2) Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool, #3) Deadpool: Monkey Business (Deadpool, #4) Wolverine: Origins Vol. 5: Deadpool