Start by marking “I Wonder Why Stars Twinkle and Other Questions about Space” as Want to Read:
I Wonder Why Stars Twinkle and Other Questions about Space

I Wonder Why Stars Twinkle and Other Questions about Space (I Wonder Why)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Curious young astronomers who ask, "What are stars made of?" and "Why do astronauts float in space?" will find the answers here.
Published March 1st 2011 by Kingfisher (first published January 1st 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about I Wonder Why Stars Twinkle and Other Questions about Space

shreenisha m
this book was really informative,now i know many things about the space,stars,planets and other things about the space
Ummu Auni
For a book that I used to read quite sometime ago, I was deliriously happy when I saw the set being sold at BookXcess at way much cheaper price, but I didn't buy it in the first place. And then, I regretted the decision, just few weeks later, the books had been sold out! This time, I didn't want to let it go. I bought 4 books in this series, and the same night, I was left exploring with my children, what happen to stars. How stars are born? and other questions, to satisfy their curiosity. The ki ...more
Julia
-Use for aesthetic purposes in a science unit.
-Having out during the unit for students to continue their interest in a subject.
Salma
A good reference for a shorten science-explanatory book, especially for kids.
Janell's Kids
Another surprising favorite for my five year old. She was fascinated, and I learned quite a few things from this book myself. She thought the part about the astronauts having to be strapped in when they go to sleep at night (so their legs and arms don't float around while in space) was hilarious.
Kiddo
I find this presentation a bit off-putting. Hard to say why. One example is that there is talk of stars 'dying' and some information that our sun will eventually swallow up the earth. Anyway, kiddo keeps asking for it and does not seem perturbed.
Salsabila
The space is an amazing place! So, I love to read this book and actually I want to be a space researcher!...
Nojood Alsudairi
I found the questions very interesting but the answers not very fulfilling.
The Clinic
The Clinic marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
G.N.Ramana
G.N.Ramana marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Cynner
Cynner added it
Apr 14, 2015
Lydia Davis
Lydia Davis marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
A11
A11 added it
Jan 14, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Rah
Rah added it
Sep 26, 2014
Adrian Evans
Adrian Evans marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Amin
Amin added it
Sep 03, 2014
April Pope
April Pope marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Raachel
Raachel marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Carole Stott has written more than 20 books on astronomy and space, and is a feature writer for the UK magazine Astronomy Now. Carole authored Kingfisher’s popular I Wonder Why Stars Twinkle and Other Questions About Space and The Best-Ever Book of Astronomy. Before turning to full-time writing, she was curator, and then head, of the Greenwich Royal Observatory.
More about Carole Stott...

I Wonder Why (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • I Wonder Why Lemons Taste Sour: and Other Questions About the Senses
  • I Wonder Why Kangaroos Have Pouches: And Other Questions About Baby Animals
  • I Wonder Why Fish Grew Legs: And Other Questions About Prehistoric Life
  • I Wonder Why Stalactites Hang Down And Other Questions About Caves (I Wonder Why Series)
  • I Wonder Why There's a Hole in the Sky: and Other Questions About the Environment
  • I Wonder Why Snakes Shed Their Skins: And Other Questions about Reptiles
  • I Wonder Why Mountains Have Snow on Top: and Other Questions About Mountains
  • I Wonder Why Greeks Built Temples: and Other Questions About Ancient Greece (I Wonder Why)
  • I Wonder Why Castles Had Moats: and Other Questions About Long Ago
  • I Wonder Why the Sea Is Salty: and Other Questions About the Oceans
Space: From Earth to the Edge of the Universe Space Exploration Eye Wonder: Space DK Pockets: Space Facts Starfinder