Diplomatic Implausibility

Diplomatic Implausibility (Star Trek: The Next Generation #61)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  13 reviews
200 YEARS AGO: The expanding Klingon™ Empire found a frozen world rich in deposits of the mineral topaline. They named the planet taD -- Klingon for "frozen" -- and they called the people jeghpu'wI' -- conquered.
FOUR YEARS AGO: The Klingon Empire invaded Cardassia, breaching the Khitomer Accords and causing a break with the Federation. On taD, depleted Klingon fo...more
Published July 7th 2001 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published February 1st 2001)

K
While the book posed an interesting story, I didn't enjoy the over usage of the klingon language in the book. The glossy in the back what a nice set of definitions, but it got annoying having to check it so often. Perhaps if I knew klingon, it would have been more enjoyable. That aside, the story was enjoyable.
Brian Lewis
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I found it a bit hard to picture quadrupeds in a Star Trek universe, but only because they couldn't afford to do it on the TV series. I also had trouble from time to time picturing their environment, but I may have just been reading too fast. That's really my only issues with the book. The story and personalities were all top notch.

The biggest jewel of the novel is how alive the author made the crew of the IKS Gorkon. Although, their involvement is only part of th...more
Nichelle
Always fun to read.
Joshua Palmatier
It is obvious that Keith R.A. DeCandido loves Star Trek and is extremely familiar with the show. If I hadn't known that already, I would have discovered it reading this book. Diplomatic Implausibility features Worf after he has become the Klingon ambassador for the Federation after the Dominion War. This is, essentially, his first assignment: find a diplomatic solution to the problems arising at the planet of taD. The planet was conquered by the Klingons ages ago, but during the Dominion War, fo...more
Shane Amazon
I understand why so many reviewers have decided to give this book a five star review, and I mostly agree that it deserves it. However, there is one small issue I have with this book, but before I speak to that issue let me give a short synopsis of what you'll find within it and what I liked about it.

Diplomatic Implausibility is the story of Worf and his new position as an ambassador for the Federation. On a distant planet, a planet held by the Klingons, a race of citizens attempt to rebuff the r...more
Jimyanni
This is a well-written book, the predecessor of the IKS Gorkon series starring Captain Klag.If you have read any of that series and enjoyed them, this book is a must-read, even if one of the reasons that I only gave it four stars is that it seemed to me that there were a few minor inconsistencies in characterization between this book and that series. If you are a fan of "Klingon culture" in general, or Worf in particular, this is likewise a must. On the other hand, if, like me, you can take Worf...more
Robert
Not bad. Worf and the Klingons are interesting. Good fun to read when your mind needs a rest and you want a bit of relaxation. I will read more! Nice break from the world sometimes:)
Angela
Worf is sent on his first diplomatic mission as ambassador to the Klingon Empire. A planet wants to stop being a part of the empire. First off this is not a Next Gen book, it is solely about Worf and Klingons. Worf is great in his new role, and there are some classic moments. The Klingon ship's crew all seem to have appeared in previous TNG episodes, and there is a likeability factor to them. A very good read, especially for Worf fans.
Jonathon Laudinsky
I bought and started to re-watch star trek DS9 in the winter of 2007. when I finished the seasons and felt up to date with Star trek I started reading the novels. I didn't know where to start, so at the used book store I picked up this book. I love Worf, and sence this book is about him i thought it a good place to start. This book is a must read for anyone who wants to read DeCandido's IKS Gorkon seires.
Mark
Worf, the new Federation ambassador to the Klingon Empire, takes on his first diplomatic mission. The warrior must become a negotiator in the face of a civil uprising on a conquered planet. Author Keith R. A. DeCandido obviously enjoys writing about Klingons.

Published in mass market paperback by Pocket Books.
Chuck
Marvelous! Worf's first mission as an ambassador and the beginning of the IKS Gorkon saga- a ship crewed by some of the all-time best Klingon guest characters. Qapla' KRAD! I can't wait to read the next one.
Mikael Kuoppala
A very well written, relativistic and smart tale about diplomacy exercised by a culture very dissimilar to our own.
Andrew Perron
This is a book with strong ideas, but a level of writing that can't quite reach them.
Carla Aparo
Carla Aparo marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Serendippy
Serendippy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Susan Brown
Susan Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Stephen Osborne
Stephen Osborne marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
  • The Forgotten War (Star Trek: The Next Generation #57)
  • Rogue Saucer (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #39)
  • Intellivore (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #45)
  • Possession (Star Trek: The Next Generation #40)
  • Exiles (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #14)
  • Dragon's Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #38)
  • To Storm Heaven (Star Trek: The Next Generation #46)
  • The Battle of Betazed (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • A Fury Scorned (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #43)
  • The Last Stand (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #37)
  • Maximum Warp: Book 1 (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #62)
  • Sins of Commission (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #29)
  • Infiltrator (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #42)
  • Requiem (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #32)
  • Into the Nebula (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #36)
  • Vectors (Star Trek: Double Helix #2)
  • Blaze of Glory (Star Trek: The Next Generation #34)
  • Doomsday World (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #12)
Serenity Nevermore (Supernatural, #1) Cycle of Hatred (World of WarCraft, #1) Bone Key (Supernatural, #3) Heart of the Dragon (Supernatural, #4)