Start by marking “Diplomatic Implausibility” as Want to Read:
Diplomatic Implausibility

Diplomatic Implausibility (Star Trek: The Next Generation #61)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  13 reviews
200 YEARS AGO: The expanding Klingon™ Empire found a frozen world rich in deposits of the mineral topaline. They named the planet taD -- Klingon for "frozen" -- and they called the people jeghpu'wI' -- conquered.
FOUR YEARS AGO: The Klingon Empire invaded Cardassia, breaching the Khitomer Accords and causing a break with the Federation. On taD, depleted Klingon fo
Published July 7th 2001 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published January 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Diplomatic Implausibility, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diplomatic Implausibility

K
While the book posed an interesting story, I didn't enjoy the over usage of the klingon language in the book. The glossy in the back what a nice set of definitions, but it got annoying having to check it so often. Perhaps if I knew klingon, it would have been more enjoyable. That aside, the story was enjoyable.
Brian Lewis
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I found it a bit hard to picture quadrupeds in a Star Trek universe, but only because they couldn't afford to do it on the TV series. I also had trouble from time to time picturing their environment, but I may have just been reading too fast. That's really my only issues with the book. The story and personalities were all top notch.

The biggest jewel of the novel is how alive the author made the crew of the IKS Gorkon. Although, their involvement is only part of th
Nichelle
Always fun to read.
Joshua Palmatier
It is obvious that Keith R.A. DeCandido loves Star Trek and is extremely familiar with the show. If I hadn't known that already, I would have discovered it reading this book. Diplomatic Implausibility features Worf after he has become the Klingon ambassador for the Federation after the Dominion War. This is, essentially, his first assignment: find a diplomatic solution to the problems arising at the planet of taD. The planet was conquered by the Klingons ages ago, but during the Dominion War, fo ...more
Shane Amazon
I understand why so many reviewers have decided to give this book a five star review, and I mostly agree that it deserves it. However, there is one small issue I have with this book, but before I speak to that issue let me give a short synopsis of what you'll find within it and what I liked about it.

Diplomatic Implausibility is the story of Worf and his new position as an ambassador for the Federation. On a distant planet, a planet held by the Klingons, a race of citizens attempt to rebuff the r
Jimyanni
This is a well-written book, the predecessor of the IKS Gorkon series starring Captain Klag.If you have read any of that series and enjoyed them, this book is a must-read, even if one of the reasons that I only gave it four stars is that it seemed to me that there were a few minor inconsistencies in characterization between this book and that series. If you are a fan of "Klingon culture" in general, or Worf in particular, this is likewise a must. On the other hand, if, like me, you can take Worf ...more
Robert
Not bad. Worf and the Klingons are interesting. Good fun to read when your mind needs a rest and you want a bit of relaxation. I will read more! Nice break from the world sometimes:)
Angela
Worf is sent on his first diplomatic mission as ambassador to the Klingon Empire. A planet wants to stop being a part of the empire. First off this is not a Next Gen book, it is solely about Worf and Klingons. Worf is great in his new role, and there are some classic moments. The Klingon ship's crew all seem to have appeared in previous TNG episodes, and there is a likeability factor to them. A very good read, especially for Worf fans.
Jonathon Laudinsky
I bought and started to re-watch star trek DS9 in the winter of 2007. when I finished the seasons and felt up to date with Star trek I started reading the novels. I didn't know where to start, so at the used book store I picked up this book. I love Worf, and sence this book is about him i thought it a good place to start. This book is a must read for anyone who wants to read DeCandido's IKS Gorkon seires.
Mark
Worf, the new Federation ambassador to the Klingon Empire, takes on his first diplomatic mission. The warrior must become a negotiator in the face of a civil uprising on a conquered planet. Author Keith R. A. DeCandido obviously enjoys writing about Klingons.

Published in mass market paperback by Pocket Books.
Chuck
Marvelous! Worf's first mission as an ambassador and the beginning of the IKS Gorkon saga- a ship crewed by some of the all-time best Klingon guest characters. Qapla' KRAD! I can't wait to read the next one.
Mikael Kuoppala
A very well written, relativistic and smart tale about diplomacy exercised by a culture very dissimilar to our own.
Andrew Perron
This is a book with strong ideas, but a level of writing that can't quite reach them.
David
David added it
Aug 02, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Stefano
Stefano marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Doug Rynkewicz
Doug Rynkewicz marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Daniel Tinnirello
Daniel Tinnirello marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Michael Kinson
Michael Kinson marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Jennifer Phillips
Jennifer Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
GD Trekkie
GD Trekkie marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
  • Tooth and Claw (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #60)
  • Gemworld, Book Two (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #59)
  • Maximum Warp: Book Two (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #63)
  • Exiles (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #14)
  • The Forgotten War (Star Trek: The Next Generation #57)
  • Vectors (Star Trek: Double Helix #2)
  • Dragon's Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #38)
  • The Last Stand (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #37)
  • Possession (Star Trek: The Next Generation #40)
  • Intellivore (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #45)
  • To Storm Heaven (Star Trek: The Next Generation #46)
  • The Death of Princes (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #44)
  • Doomsday World (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #12)
  • Blaze of Glory (Star Trek: The Next Generation #34)
  • The Valiant (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • Infiltrator (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #42)
  • Boogeymen (Star Trek: The Next Generation #17)
  • The Battle of Betazed (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Star Trek: The Next Generation (1 - 10 of 102 books)
  • Encounter at Farpoint (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Ghost Ship (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #1)
  • The Peacekeepers (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)
  • The Children of Hamlin (Star Trek: The Next  Generation, #3)
  • Survivors (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #5)
  • Power Hungry (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #6)
  • Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #7)
  • The Captains' Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #8)
  • A Call to Darkness (Star Trek: The Next Generation #9)
Serenity Nevermore (Supernatural, #1) Cycle of Hatred (World of WarCraft, #1) Bone Key (Supernatural, #3) Heart of the Dragon (Supernatural, #4)