Start by marking “Diplomatic Implausibility” as Want to Read:
Diplomatic Implausibility

Diplomatic Implausibility (Star Trek: The Next Generation #61)

200 YEARS AGO: The expanding Klingon Empire found a frozen world rich in deposits of the mineral topaline. They named the planet taD -- Klingon for "frozen" -- and they called the people jeghpu'wI' -- conquered.
FOUR YEARS AGO: The Klingon Empire invaded Cardassia, breaching the Khitomer Accords and causing a break with the Federation. On taD, depleted Klingon forces were
Published July 7th 2001 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published January 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Diplomatic Implausibility, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diplomatic Implausibility

Filip Sławiński
Dec 22, 2016 Filip Sławiński rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
A lot of familiar Klingon faces from TNG and DS9 make an appereance. Worf's character is portrayed spot on. The smartest Klingon you will ever meet.
K
Feb 16, 2014 K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the book posed an interesting story, I didn't enjoy the over usage of the klingon language in the book. The glossy in the back what a nice set of definitions, but it got annoying having to check it so often. Perhaps if I knew klingon, it would have been more enjoyable. That aside, the story was enjoyable.
Nichelle
Jan 06, 2013 Nichelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always fun to read.
Jarrod
Oct 28, 2016 Jarrod rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ambassador Worf

More please!!
Joshua Palmatier
Mar 03, 2012 Joshua Palmatier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is obvious that Keith R.A. DeCandido loves Star Trek and is extremely familiar with the show. If I hadn't known that already, I would have discovered it reading this book. Diplomatic Implausibility features Worf after he has become the Klingon ambassador for the Federation after the Dominion War. This is, essentially, his first assignment: find a diplomatic solution to the problems arising at the planet of taD. The planet was conquered by the Klingons ages ago, but during the Dominion War, fo ...more
Shane Amazon
Aug 23, 2013 Shane Amazon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I understand why so many reviewers have decided to give this book a five star review, and I mostly agree that it deserves it. However, there is one small issue I have with this book, but before I speak to that issue let me give a short synopsis of what you'll find within it and what I liked about it.

Diplomatic Implausibility is the story of Worf and his new position as an ambassador for the Federation. On a distant planet, a planet held by the Klingons, a race of citizens attempt to rebuff the r
Jimyanni
Feb 10, 2011 Jimyanni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This is a well-written book, the predecessor of the IKS Gorkon series starring Captain Klag.If you have read any of that series and enjoyed them, this book is a must-read, even if one of the reasons that I only gave it four stars is that it seemed to me that there were a few minor inconsistencies in characterization between this book and that series. If you are a fan of "Klingon culture" in general, or Worf in particular, this is likewise a must. On the other hand, if, like me, you can take Worf ...more
Brian Lewis
Jul 11, 2014 Brian Lewis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I found it a bit hard to picture quadrupeds in a Star Trek universe, but only because they couldn't afford to do it on the TV series. I also had trouble from time to time picturing their environment, but I may have just been reading too fast. That's really my only issues with the book. The story and personalities were all top notch.

The biggest jewel of the novel is how alive the author made the crew of the IKS Gorkon. Although, their involvement is only part of th
Angela
Sep 19, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it
Worf is sent on his first diplomatic mission as ambassador to the Klingon Empire. A planet wants to stop being a part of the empire. First off this is not a Next Gen book, it is solely about Worf and Klingons. Worf is great in his new role, and there are some classic moments. The Klingon ship's crew all seem to have appeared in previous TNG episodes, and there is a likeability factor to them. A very good read, especially for Worf fans.
Jonathon Laudinsky
I bought and started to re-watch star trek DS9 in the winter of 2007. when I finished the seasons and felt up to date with Star trek I started reading the novels. I didn't know where to start, so at the used book store I picked up this book. I love Worf, and sence this book is about him i thought it a good place to start. This book is a must read for anyone who wants to read DeCandido's IKS Gorkon seires.
Mark
May 26, 2012 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Worf, the new Federation ambassador to the Klingon Empire, takes on his first diplomatic mission. The warrior must become a negotiator in the face of a civil uprising on a conquered planet. Author Keith R. A. DeCandido obviously enjoys writing about Klingons.

Published in mass market paperback by Pocket Books.
Chuck
Aug 11, 2012 Chuck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marvelous! Worf's first mission as an ambassador and the beginning of the IKS Gorkon saga- a ship crewed by some of the all-time best Klingon guest characters. Qapla' KRAD! I can't wait to read the next one.
Robert
Feb 05, 2014 Robert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sifi
Not bad. Worf and the Klingons are interesting. Good fun to read when your mind needs a rest and you want a bit of relaxation. I will read more! Nice break from the world sometimes:)
Mikael Kuoppala
May 27, 2012 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A very well written, relativistic and smart tale about diplomacy exercised by a culture very dissimilar to our own.
Grant
Jun 01, 2016 Grant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining tale of Worf's transition from Starfleet officer to ambassador, sometimes marred by the author's need to tie up loose ends and introduce his own Klingon series.
Andrew Maddox
Andrew Maddox rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Mirrhya
Mirrhya rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Tish
Tish rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2012
Dan S Pierce
Dan S Pierce rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2014
Jack jackson
Jack jackson rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Steve Rickabaugh
Steve Rickabaugh rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Danny
Danny rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
John Deltuvia
John Deltuvia rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Anthony Mowad
Anthony Mowad rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Matt Randall
Matt Randall rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2010
William Johnson
William Johnson rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2009
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2012
Sarah rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2012
Bookboy
Bookboy rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Tooth and Claw (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #60)
  • Maximum Warp: Book Two (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #63)
  • The Forgotten War (Star Trek: The Next Generation #57)
  • Gemworld, Book Two (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #59)
  • Doomsday World (Star Trek: The Next Generation #12)
  • Exiles (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #14)
  • Intellivore (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #45)
  • Possession (Star Trek: The Next Generation #40)
  • Vectors (Star Trek: Double Helix #2)
  • Dragon's Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #38)
  • The Valiant (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • The Last Stand (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #37)
  • Dyson Sphere (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #50)
  • Blaze of Glory (Star Trek: The Next Generation #34)
  • Infiltrator (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #42)
  • The Battle of Betazed (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • To Storm Heaven (Star Trek: The Next Generation #46)
  • Into the Nebula (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #36)

Star Trek: The Next Generation (1 - 10 of 103 books)
  • Encounter at Farpoint (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Ghost Ship (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #1)
  • The Peacekeepers (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)
  • The Children of Hamlin (Star Trek: The Next Generation #3)
  • Survivors (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #5)
  • Power Hungry (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #6)
  • Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #7)
  • The Captains' Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #8)
  • A Call to Darkness (Star Trek: The Next Generation #9)