Start by marking “The Dragon Slayer (Viking Warriors #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Slayer (Viking Warriors #2)

The Dragon Slayer (Viking Warriors #2)

To save her sister, can Catriona slay the Dragon Slayer?

Published (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Slayer

Miz Love
May 17, 2011 Miz Love rated it it was amazing
Oh my good Lord above! Did I adore this book? Yes, I did. I haven’t read as far back in time as the Vikings, and who knew how sexy they could be? I’m sincere in saying here that I loved Ruard. He was so sexy, so masculine, so absolutely yum-yum that every time he was in a scene I got all hyper. He made me squirm, dream, and get more than hot under the collar. What a fine specimen of hunkness he is.

He weds Catriona, who is worried sick about her sister—she’s being held captive by a nasty piece of
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at:http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

The Dragon Slayer was incredibly sweet. Our hero, Ruard is an honourable, manly, just, honest, sexy Viking! What more could I ask for in a hero? Catriona on the other hand is his perfect counterpart: defiant, yet at the same time compliant, worried for her loved ones, smart, efficient, sweet and pleasant. The author knows her character well and comes up with clever names such as “Catriona the Pure” or “Catriona the Siren”.

One of my f
Shanelle
Aug 02, 2014 Shanelle rated it really liked it
I liked this story. Can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Jaxy
Jan 08, 2012 Jaxy rated it it was ok

I normally don't rate books below a three star. But I have to rate this a 2.5 star because I feel like the author took the easy way out. There was very little plot, conflict or even any internal conflict going on. The characters meet on their wedding day and within pages you have your first love scene. Which granted that happens on wedding nights but within this very short novella, I counted five or six love scenes. While I don't mind love scenes, I feel like many were just tossed into the mix j
Angie
May 10, 2013 Angie rated it liked it
Synopsis: "To save her sister, can Catriona slay the Dragon Slayer?

Ruard, the Viking warrior known as The Dragon Slayer, has no great hopes for the wife he’s to take as the lord of Dunnsmuir Castle, so long as she’s a biddable wife, with all her teeth, who doesn’t drool—a plain, humble woman. He has no use for the flame-haired nymph with breasts as ripe as melons and whose supple hips beckon a man’s hands. Nor for a maiden with a stubborn chin and flashing eyes that speak of naught but trouble.

C
Romancing the Book
Oct 31, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance
Review by Lisa: Short, sweet and definitely hot! The Dragon Slayer by Jianne Carlo is a delicious escape to the Northumbrian Border. Ruard and Catriona enter into their marriage with two very different objectives. Ruard wants to become Lord of Dunsmuir Castle and Catriona wants to save her sister from Lord Ulfric. The chemistry between Ruard and Catriona sizzles off the page. The author’s description of Dunsmuir Castle and the surrounding lands paint a picture of a time long ago. I enjoyed the r ...more
Brinda
Mar 25, 2012 Brinda rated it it was amazing
This is not the type of book I usually read. I tend to stick with contemporary or paranormal romances. This book hooked me from page one. I fell in love with both characters immediately. Ruard is a strong, sexy hero. Catriona is also a great female lead with a good head on her shoulders. The Viking environment was so natural and authentic that I had no problem feeling that I was there. One of my favorite things was how the dialogue had a musical quality. This was my first book from Jianne Carlo, ...more
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
Good hot fast read. Like the first book it's starts at the get go and they are tuppin like bunnies. There's story but not much of one. You like the characters but just want more than is given. It's a good read for those who want a fast hot romance. If ur wanting a great story that'll suck u in with an amazing love story look someplace else.
Deoin Cox
Aug 22, 2011 Deoin Cox rated it did not like it
This one ways the same as the frist. The women in these books are given to the men on a silver plater. they dont have to work to win their love its given ritght off before they even get to know the men.I hope the third book is better but I'm not going to hold my breath.
JudyB
First read this one back in 2012. If you love big strong, alpha vikings, a strong heroine and some really hot scenes, this one is for you. Would love for it to be longer but the story was complete and the characters fully developed.
Leela Sundy
Jul 20, 2011 Leela Sundy rated it it was amazing
Love these Viking books. Particularly like the way women are protrayed - Ruard is sexy and decisive. Catriona is spunky and determined. And, as always, the sex is smoking. Cant' wait for the other brothers' novellas.
Sassafrass
May 03, 2012 Sassafrass rated it it was amazing
Review to come. Very fun, loved Ruard. I just love to see those hot alpha males fall in love. :)
Shelly
Oct 15, 2012 Shelly rated it it was amazing
WOW LOVED THIS BOOK.
Jadasa
Jan 30, 2017 Jadasa rated it liked it
-.-
Glenda Bettin
Aug 09, 2016 Glenda Bettin rated it it was amazing
ohh what an awesome series, loving it
Sharla
May 24, 2011 Sharla rated it it was amazing
The Dragon Slayer was excellent! I loved how fast this story was and that the characters were full of vitality and depth.
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Lady Sal
Lady Sal rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2013
Alisa
Alisa rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Risa
Risa rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb" rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Marialys Scarano Rodríguez
Marialys Scarano Rodríguez rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Zilabi
Zilabi rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Noreen Davis
Noreen Davis rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
MightyDwarf
MightyDwarf rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Maureen C
Maureen C rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Artemis
Artemis rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Pitchada
Pitchada rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2017
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
  • Ravished by a Viking
  • Taken by the Viking
  • Edin's Embrace
  • The Pagan's Prize
  • The Rancher's Rules (Sunshine Springs Duo, #1)
  • Male Order (Reigning Men, #1)
  • Beautiful Assassin (Brothers of the Absinthe Club, #6)
  • Captivated by Her Innocence
  • Mating Fever
  • Unnoticed and Untouched
  • The Secret Sinclair
  • Viking Fire
  • Tara's Song
  • Uncle Ed's Lap
  • The Enchantment
Award winning, author Jianne Carlo’s motto is simple: Alpha Me Please.

While strong heroines, exotic locations, and cultural differences are her forte, she goes weak in the knees for warriors of any type, rebels, SEAls, Vikings, and bad-ass mercenaries. Send her a man with an attitude and she’ll find the right woman to tame him.

Nothing makes Jianne’s day more than an email from someone who’s read
More about Jianne Carlo...

Viking Warriors (5 books)
  • The Bear and the Bride (Viking Warriors #1)
  • The Peacemaker (Viking Warriors #3)
  • The Destroyer (Viking Warriors #4)
  • The Seducer (Viking Warriors Book, #5)