Start by marking “Hit the Ground Running” as Want to Read:
Hit the Ground Running

Hit the Ground Running

Lessons from ten dramatic transformations and the new CEOs who led them One of the toughest jobs in business is taking over as a new leader. You have to hit the ground running- diagnose the situation, pull together a strong team, decide on a strategy, and inspire everyone to execute it. Jason Jennings and his research team searched for the new CEOs who had pulled off the m ...more
Published March 19th 2009 by Portfolio (first published March 18th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hit the Ground Running, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hit the Ground Running

Jonard
Jun 05, 2013 Jonard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BOOK REVIEW
HIT THE GROUND RUNNING: MANUAL FOR NEW LEADERS
Jason Jennings

THE LAWYER RARELY ASK THE DANGEROUS QUESTION WHY. In a dog-eat-dog world of the courtroom, the best lawyers have to be brutally honest about what they know and what they don't know; as if asking the simple question W-H-Y, aloud, inside the courtroom was a double-edged sword.

Why I loved reading this book was simply because it agreed in everything I believe thus far. Transparency, fairness, not following the easy money, The Gol
Brett
I'm a little schizophrenic about this book. In order to accommodate my mental incapacity with regard to this book, I will review it in two parts, Everything except the bit about Mike McCallister and the bit with Mike McCallister.

Everything except the the bit about Mike McCallister
Very interesting and insightful. Some great advice for the new manager and unexpected insight. I say unexpected because in interviewing successful CEO's Jennings finds that many commonly held axioms of business manageme
Iwaswondering
Jun 08, 2009 Iwaswondering rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: entrepreneurs
Recommended to Iwaswondering by: Seth Godin
Shelves: business
This book is a Q&A with the "most successful CEOs of our day." Jennings discusses what made their histories, what made them successful and what ideas, methods, and beliefs they feel contributed to their success.

This is an excellent book for readers who want to learn from the experience of others.
Lavanya
Feb 12, 2013 Lavanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book, I read when I took up the role of Branch Manager. I personally have used very strategy in each chapter and it works like a T everytime. Infact I even got awarded Best manager in my company. Every company is dealt with in detail, clearly emphasising on the essential. Lovely read. I still gift this to every down line junior manager i meet.
Nathan Langford
May 01, 2015 Nathan Langford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was nothing secret ninths book. It was refreshing to read about leaders of large companies that were principle based in their business practices. Good guys finish the race that makes them winners and by their actions make the world a better place.
Effendy Yahaya
Mar 08, 2014 Effendy Yahaya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Passion, integrity with good background reference and intelligent drives personal to become a leader.
Michelle Monroe Rowan
As far as business books go, this is great. Saw him speak last month and decided to pick it up. In line with how I want to conduct business and lead.
Randolph Breschini
Randolph Breschini rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Ellen Resnick
Ellen Resnick rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2011
Tan Pei Yoong
Tan Pei Yoong rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Brian Ipsen
Brian Ipsen rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2012
James Veliky
James Veliky rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Ben Benjamin
Ben Benjamin rated it it was ok
May 28, 2014
Klriley
Klriley rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2009
Shaun Duvall
Shaun Duvall rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2017
Jared Barfuss
Jared Barfuss rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Lois
Lois rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2010
Kenny Ochs
Kenny Ochs rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Lergia
Lergia rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Kevintgoddard
Kevintgoddard rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Andre
Andre rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Shah
Shah rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Ryan Morrison
Ryan Morrison rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2014
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Todd
Todd rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Leah Beckham
Leah Beckham rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2014
Teresa Thompson-pinckney
Teresa Thompson-pinckney rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2012
Jason Jennings (b. May 31, 1956, Negaunee, Michigan) is the author of the 2001 Harper Collins NY Times bestseller, It's Not The big That Eat The Small - It's The Fast That Eat The Slow, and his subsequent business bestsellers for Penguin Putnam , Less Is More (2004) and Think Big-Act Small (2006).

He began his career as a broadcast journalist and later owned radio stations in Oklahoma, Washington a
More about Jason Jennings...