Start by marking “Aftermath (Southern Spirits, #5)” as Want to Read:
Aftermath (Southern Spirits, #5)

Aftermath (Southern Spirits #5)

Darren Brown spent two years running from his past, but he could only run so far before he was found.

Darren Brown lost the only two people he loved just days apart. His mother first, then his best friend. Guilt over his friend’s death drives Darren to wander for over a year before he winds up in the town of McKinton, Texas.

Lee Bausch served his tour in the Army then starte
Published May 30th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Aftermath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftermath

Nerine Petros
May 31, 2011 Nerine Petros rated it really liked it
Warning: Do not read this book with the lights off at 2am in the morning on your iPod :) Nxx
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Stefan Bausch died suddenly, unexpectedly and with no reason or explanation. It was the darkest time of his best friend’s life. Darren left town before Stefan’s death and still lives with the belief that it was somehow his fault.

His journey to a new location and his attempt to begin a new life is not exactly going the way he planned. He is living in a home with an elderly woman, gathering eggs from some very uncooperative chickens to
Ter
Jun 09, 2011 Ter rated it liked it
This one was good, not as good as some of the other ones.
it may have been a mood but I did have a couple of problems with this one.
The way she writes Darren that he is so scared and skittish that he is afraid of everyone and his past, and that his personalty/behavior changes the "minute" Lee shows up.. was too quick for me.
(view spoiler)
Angela Goodrich
I have been anticipating Darren's story since he first appeared as the skittish new waiter in All of the Voices. While he's still skittish and comes with quite a bit of baggage, I was relieved that his past wasn't as bad as I was worried it was going to be. This made Aftermath a lighter read than I expected, but don’t despair because it's not without its own intensity.

Not to spoil the book for anyone, but I will readily admit that I was concerned that Darren was in McKinton because he was fleein
Love Bytes Reviews
Feb 05, 2016 Love Bytes Reviews rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Review by Tammy

Two years ago Darren Brown lost both his mother and his best friend within days of each other, his mother from cancer and his best friend Stefan was murdered. Now, Darren lives in McKinton trying to hide from his best friend’s killer. He doesn’t know for sure if Stefan’s murderer is after him but he’s not taking any chances!

Lee Bausch left the marines after his brother Stefan died and his best friend Darren disappeared. Lee has spent the last two years travelling all ove
Lena Grey
Sep 21, 2015 Lena Grey rated it liked it
Darren Brown is terrified and on edge although no one knows why. He's slowly finding his way back to normalcy when he gets the feeling that someone is watching him. He needs stability in his life, support, purpose; he needs to believe in something again. This story is about Daren's journey toward redemption and resolution.

Darren seems so lost that all the citizens of McKinton want to help him, but no one knows how and their attempts just seem to push Darren deeper into his shell. He's obviously
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

3.75 Stars

Finally, finally we get to hear the story of the waiter who just appeared and who everyone was concerned about!

Like so many of the other characters in this series Darren is running and hasn’t really stopped to take a breath for the last two years. Unlike most of the other characters however Darren is running from himself. He is laden down with guilt over the death of his best friend which came closely after he lost his mother. He hasn’t given himself tim
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Darren made his appearance as a new waiter in Virginia's cafe. He was extremely skittish and avoided eye contact with pretty much everyone. It's obvious he is on the run, but from what?! In Aftermath we learn his story, and boy, is it a good one. I loved how Darren grew in his self-confidence, once he realised that he actually had people he could call friends, and helped by Lee. The relationship between these two is hot and romantic.

The other part that I loved about this book is that Connor, our
Kara
Jan 12, 2016 Kara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
Okay I now have a new favorite character in this series and it is Ian.

The way he came into town looking for Darren and was so protective of him from the start. You could definitely feel the sparks between these two. Ian is looking for Darren so he can find out what happened to his brother and when you do find out it was so sad what happened to Stefan. Darren's character I liked a lot too. He was sweet but caring and the beginning reserved because he was so afraid of being hurt.

Together they tr
Eva
Jun 01, 2011 Eva rated it really liked it
Darren's running from his past trying to live with the guilt from believing his best friend Stefan's death was his fault. He's scared and skittish, so despite Severo and Laine's attempts to befriend him he keeps to himself and avoids getting close to people so he won't let them down, like he believes he did Stefan. Enter Lee, Stefan's brother, who's looking for answers about his brother's death. When Lee find Darren sparks fly, and with some help from our friendly spirits Lee ends up staying at ...more
Sherry Bohrmueller
Sep 22, 2015 Sherry Bohrmueller rated it it was amazing
Aftermath by Bailey Bradford
M/M
4 1/2 stars

I was given this book by Inked Rainbow Reads for an honest review.

I loved this book, all the books in the series have been good but something about this story just got to me. I love the rooster that's been in the last couple books, just adds some humor to the story.

Darren was lost emotionally but Virginia took him under her wing and looked out for him. Lee came to town looking for Darren he was Stefan's brother who was Darren's friend.

I thought Darren
Eva Millien
Nov 27, 2015 Eva Millien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guilt over his friend’s death drives Darren Brown to wander alone for over a year until the spirits of McKinton, Texas help ensure he is found in this captivating paranormal romance. It seems that the Southern Spirits of McKinton, Texas are bound and determined to win my heart with each and every delightful story and Darren and Lee’s did just that so I can’t wait to read the next one. Note: while this story can be read as stand alone, others in the series are better read in sequence.

See my full
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5-4
As usual I enjoyed this Bailey Bradford book.
Darren is all alone in the world after losing his mother and his best friend days apart.
Lee, his best friends brother finally finds him, and wants to know more about his brothers death.
Love, hot sex, ghosts and a mystery are all in this book!

Blackravens Reviews
Jul 14, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
...Aftermath is nonetheless an entertaining read that gives the reader a more in depth view into the spirits that haunt some of the citizens of McKinton, TX. To view this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Nicole
Oct 21, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
I do love Bailey Bradfordso my rating is totally biased. But i loved this book! And I must say that the sex scenes are freaking hot.
Janelle
Jun 03, 2011 Janelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I really liked this book because we FINALLY got a peek into what the spirits in this book are thinking and why they do what they do. It was a nice change of pace. I hope to see more like this one.
Frank Claudy
Frank Claudy rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2014
MaryMary
MaryMary rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2011
Brenda Cothern
Brenda Cothern rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Ckm66
Ckm66 rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
LaShonta
LaShonta rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2012
AG
AG rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
May 31, 2011
Sheryl Howard
Sheryl Howard rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Natalia
Natalia rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Bobbi
Bobbi rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Haunting of St. Xavier
  • Reckless Behaviour (Impressions, #1)
  • Raven's Mark (Sandpipers, #2)
  • Freeze Frame (Faerily Imperfect, #3)
  • The Love of a Mate (Pack Discipline #4)
  • The Longest Stride
  • Heart Thief
  • Capturing Perfection (Perfect Love Series, #3)
  • The Soldier's Tale
  • Wolf Wanted (Mark of Lycos, #2)
  • Where The Heart Is (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #6)
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'
More about Bailey Bradford...

Southern Spirits (8 books)
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • When the Dead Speak (Southern Spirits, #2)
  • All of the Voices (Southern Spirits, #3)
  • Wait Until Dawn (Southern Spirits, #4)
  • What Remains (Southern Spirits, #6)
  • Ascension (Southern Spirits, #7)
  • Whirlwind (Southern Spirits, #8)