Start by marking “Down the Cayman Wall” as Want to Read:
Down the Cayman Wall

Down the Cayman Wall

Down the Cayman wall is not only about giant sea creatures but the discovery of an island, its people, its places and its deep secrets. The author spent 8 years diving a 21ft research submarine to 1000 feet in and around George Town, Grand Cayman. A mysterious encounter underwater leads Gary on a hunt for answers about the deep. The problem is ultimately solved while the ...more
Published January 12th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Down the Cayman Wall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down the Cayman Wall

Daphne
Nov 02, 2015 Daphne rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-ebook, quest
Finished this one in a single sitting on the porch with Tesla. I really enjoyed it. The narrative read better than most fiction books, and I was interested throughout. The story of Mauricio Solis was tragic and beautifully told.

Picked up some new information I didn't know before, and it's made me want to read up more on the 6-gill shark. How awesome. Living fossils are sort of the coolest things ever.
John Huffman
Feb 01, 2014 John Huffman rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining book about Gary's life on Grand Cayman and his explorations operating a deep sea submarine in the Cayman Trench. While in the trench, a thousand deep, his submarine is struck by a large object and the search is on to find out what it was.

This books details his search for the creature that attacked, resulting in finding a 26-foot prehistoric shark in the depths around Cayman and challenges of searching for creatures in the depths.

It also covers the lives of the team and o
Cindy
Feb 19, 2012 Cindy rated it liked it
I picked up this book because I enjoy diving, especially in the Cayman Islands. It is a quick, enjoyable read. Gary Montemayor obviously has a passion for his profession. He shares some interesting and entertaining stories. He had me laughing out loud on two different occasions.
Bert Montemayor
Bert Montemayor rated it did not like it
May 23, 2013
Shane
Shane rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Lori Ann
Sep 26, 2015 Lori Ann rated it liked it
Shelves: diving
Interesting account of what lies at 1000 feet below, but ends strangely.
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Kieren Mckibbin
Kieren Mckibbin rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Ron
Ron rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
James
James marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Kelly Dunagan
Kelly Dunagan marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Sheldon Fernandez
Sheldon Fernandez marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015