Start by marking “The Dare - Tantangan” as Want to Read:
The Dare - Tantangan

The Dare - Tantangan (Fear Street #21)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  1,673 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Johanna Wise has always longed to be part of Dennis Arthur's rich, popular crowd, and she can't believe it when he finally asks her out. She'll do anything to keep Dennis but when he dares her to kill their teacher she is not so sure. Will she really kill for love?
Published August 1997 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published November 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Dare - Tantangan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dare - Tantangan

Lincoln
Dan Absalonson
The Dare

This is the third "Fear Street" book I've read by R.L. Stine, and not one of his best. In this one he pulls you through the story with some of the same cheap tricks he uses in his other ones, but it's overdone to the point of annoying. At the end of every chapter Mr. Stine makes and outrageous thing happen, and then at the beginning of the next chapter the character is like "No of course that didn't happen, it was what I was imagining would happen." Another similar trick is to do the sam
Megan Marcum
My Book Review
In the book The Dare By R.L. Stine and it takes place at a hih school called Shadeyside High and this girl Johanna was dared to kill her teacher Mr. Northwood.
Description and summary of content
When Johanna was at school she saw this boy Dennis and he came to her house to study but they wanted to put something on Mr.Northwood steps and then they vandelized his car and put sant in the gas tank just to get revenge. But Dennis dared johnna to kill Mr.Northwood and then got together he
Deloryn
the dare... isn't it supposed to be the double dare or something because daring someone to kill there own teacher just to impress some guy... isn't that going a little too far?
Ger Francus
It was not as thrilling as I expected and/or hoped, but certainly it had it's thrilling parts, and a perfect plot-twist at the end. - I surely did enjoy it.
Trevor Wells
I read this book a while ago, and it's the first Fear Street book I could relate to. Of course, this hasn't happened to me, but I could really relate to the main lead's desire to fit in and her willingness to do whatever it took to do so. And there was another quirk she had that I'm sort of embarrassed to say I sometimes have. I'll get to it in a minute.

The plot is that Johanna is a poor girl who has a crush on Dennis, one of the popular guys at her school who also lives in a better part of the
Anne
So we've got a bunch of rich kids and this out of the place, your-regular-next-door girl (who happens to live on Fear Street). Rich and handsome guy asks girl out. Girl ecstatic to the point she would do anything for him. Well, guy decides to take her up on that offer. Enter the murder of the mean high school teacher (well, mean to our rich kids anyway).

Meh.

I used to love reading the Fear Street series. This one though... Not so much.

Our lead was too annoying, self-absorbed and, well, clingy. Ev
Ira S
This book was my first ever read. I was never really into books, but this one in particular converted me into a bookaholic. Yes! I was obsessed with R.L.Stine's creations back in the days.

I definitely recommend it to all of you teen beginners out there who just freshly got into reading.
Kat
Feb 19, 2013 Kat rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: preteens, teens, fans of RL Stine
In the end The Dare is extremely predictable. But it’s a very fast read. I got through it in one sitting of about an hour to an hour and a half. Crazy when I think how these books used to take me a few days to get through in Jr. High. The Dare was interesting, but not one of the better Fear Street books.

It was pretty much unbelievable and Stine could have gotten away with having the characters do some cool dares, but he didn't bother.

For a much more in depth review on why I rated the book this
Bhakti Vahewala
I loved this book! It is a short, easy read. This book was filled with plot twists, and it always has you wanting to read more. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read horror/adventure books.
Alex
This Fear Street book wasn't bad, but it didn't have much of a plot. Almost every chapter ended with Joanna going crazy on someone and then the first sentence of the next chapter was, "Of course that didn't happen! It was all in my mind!" It started to get pretty irritating by the end, since I had no idea what was real and what wasn't.

I didn't remember very much about this book which is always a plus. It was a bit of an odd read in the series, though, since there were no (view spoiler)
Djanae
after densis acadently shoots zack his best friend jahanna still want to with him .the closer the get the more she gets blinded by her heart .denis has just dare her to kill the social studies teacher will she do it ? will she still be blinded by love? or will this go to far.saturday ITS ALL GOINNG DOWN saturday! will she do it whats going to happen ? will she kill him or not? i hope she dosent she will ruin her own life. lets hope she deosnt. was this all a dare that went wrong .did denis reall ...more
Masuma Khan
This book was great. This book is about a girl named Johanna who has always wanted to hang out with popular kids. She regrets hanging out with them. There is a really good twist towards the end it will blow your mind away. I would give this book 4 stars out of 5. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes horror with a bit of realistic fiction. How will Johanna prove that she is innocent?
Kevin
This book takes place in a high school in virginia. It is about a girl named Johanna. She eventually goes out with this guy named Dennis that she really liked. She would do anything for him and Dennis knew that. Dennis eventually asks Johanna if she could kill the mean math teacher that no one liked. But she did say no.
Johannas main external conflict was that she had to decide to kill her or not. She really wanted to do it so she could still go out with Dennis but she made the smarter choice and
Mario Rocchetta
In my opinion, R.L. Stine is the greatest young adult horror writer in history. I'm a huge fan of his books, especially the Fear Street series, where he usually brings the heat and delivers like a consummate professional. Sadly, "The Dare" is not one of these books where he shows off his writing chops. Instead, the book is shallow, has completely useless characters along with a forced storyline that leaves nothing to the imagination. I actually got irritated reading this book because I could tel ...more
Kevin Kouadio
I think its an interesting book to read. This book keeps me reading.
John
Suhaib Asif
I find it very interesting..it was an easy read though..and had alot of twists
Dillon
this was a great book because it had a lot of suspensefulness. i gave this book a five star rating because as you already know i like the suspensefulness. my favorite character in this book is johanna because she is very daring and kind of bad. but i like that. she will do anything for a boy. i would reccomend this book to anyone who likes suspense because this book has a lot of it. i might not read it if you dont like gore because there is a little bit but not a lot.
Miranda
I have just finnished reading The Dare by: R.L.Stine. This book is an awesome read for any age. My favorite part of this book was that it was a mystery. This book kept me guessing the whole time! I was always second guessing myself on what I thout would happen next. I was also very supprised on the outcome of the book.I didnt think shed do it! Well if you want to find out what happens in this book give it a try! You never know it might just be a good read!
Amanda
Johanna has always been a mouse; quiet and never getting into trouble. Until she starts hanging out with rich kids from her school. At first shes hesitant but they welcome her into their group. Then Dennis, her crush, dares her to kill their teacher Mr. Northwood and thats when everything changes.

Some parts really irritated me but it was good overall. Not one of his best books however.
Elya
The Dare = Tantangan. Ah yaah, novel serial fear street yang terbit 18 tahun yg lalu ini emang kece abis. I read this book a really long time ago while in middle school. Menceritakan Johanna Wise, cewek yg biasa" aj yang rela membunuh guru sejarahnya yg sangat alergi dengan orang Kaya. Dan dia melakukannya hanya demi seorang yang dia cintai.

Uhmm, so far .. this book is really good.
Drucilla
The plot of this book is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. I can see someone wanting to be a part of something so badly that they are willing to do anything so I guess that part of this book is believable but still...an entire school taking bets on whether a girl is going to kill a teacher? It's stupid.
Jaimie
This book was really fun to read! These teens were crazy! No matter how much I hate a teacher, I wouldn't go to extreme lengths to kill them (even though I would have wild fantasies like Johanna). One of my favourite Fear Street books, even though it lacked in the suspense the books usually have.
Donovank
This was an interesting read considering the fact that Johana was just a puppet through out the entire book, how it all ended is what caught me off guard, id recommend this book to anyone who likes a twist in the plot. this was most definately an interesting book.
Ernie
Rated: PG-13 Violence
Me and the kids listened to this on our way to Mt. Rushmore. It was very fun. It was very dark. It had some very cool twists. It was a good youth book for those kids that want a little grit.
syazana kamsari
Dares can be really scary, especially when it turns out to be compulsive and bad.Dares can put you into trouble.Dares are dangerous. I enjoyed reading this book but i felt it lacked details...
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Fatima Fisiru
This book is good and about a girl that is in love and will do whatever for Dennis- even kill. It's very good and enjoyable.
  • The Last Vampire: Collector's Edition Volume 1 (The Last Vampire, #1-3)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • The Accident (Point Horror, #16)
  • Jessica the Rock Star (Sweet Valley Twins, #34)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)