Start by marking “Sunburn - Bayangan Maut” as Want to Read:
Sunburn - Bayangan Maut

Sunburn - Bayangan Maut (Fear Street #19)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  2,530 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Marla mengundang Claudia dan dua orang temannya untuk bereuni di rumah musim panasnya di pantai. Kejadian-kejadian mengerikan bergiliran menimpa mereka satu per satu. Ditambah lagi muncul dan menghilangnya si Cowok Hantu.

Tapi Claudia tahun, "kecelakaan" yang mereka alami itu bukan kecelakaan biasa. Ia yakin seseorang menginginkan kematian mereka. Minggu yang indah dan cera
Published July 1999 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Sunburn - Bayangan Maut, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunburn - Bayangan Maut

Catalina Sennett
Jun 12, 2011 Catalina Sennett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always loved the Fear Street novels by RL Stine. I think they were the beginning of my love for YA novels, I mean, they were practically the only YA novels in the early 90's right? Save for Chris Pike and LJ Smith of course, but these started the entire YA genre really.
Anyways, this novel follows four girls, who met at summer camp in the past and are now reuniting for the summer at Marlas house. Claudia, the MC is from shadyside, so that is where you get the fear street link. I love how
Zohra
Jan 17, 2017 Zohra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An oldie but a goodie!
Mary Claire
Nov 01, 2015 Mary Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, fear-street
Pretty intense with a nice twist near the end. More lengthy review to follow.
Jana
Dec 07, 2014 Jana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised by the ending.
Sahar
Jan 17, 2010 Sahar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Naomi Stothard
Nov 07, 2016 Naomi Stothard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining as _always_ ;)
Andrea
Mar 16, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting,easy-reading book,for teenagers,and everyone else who feel that way too.
kylajaclyn
Moral of the Story: Wear sunscreen. Also, watch Pretty Little Liars. It will help you detect when someone's not who they say they are.

Body Count: 2

The Usual Suspect(s): Marla and "Ghost Boy" aka Daniel

Tagline: The Perfect Tan... or the Perfect Murder?

Plot: So please forgive me if I forget what happens to whom. It's all so quick (146 pages!) and also there's not a lot of room for character development in that time.

We open with our protagonist, Claudia, buried alive. She's a redhead and the sun i
Chelsea Gouin
Feb 05, 2017 Chelsea Gouin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fear-street
Re-Read. Fear Street tackles quite a few "beach" books, and they're usually the better ones in the series. Sunburn is the first of the Horror in the Sun titles, and it doesn't disappoint. Not so much "horror" with the lack of gruesome deaths...Sunburn still is edge-of-your-seat storytelling that begins with a girl being buried in the sand during high tide. There's also a run-in with an electric fence and a shark chase. Even though I'd read this one in my youth, I'd forgotten about the fun twist ...more
Y
2.5 stars.

Revisiting Fear Street, part one.

Waaay back in the fifth and sixth grade, I was all about Fear Street. My best friends and I would try to buy up as many of the books as we could (with what little money our elementary school selves had...I didn't even receive allowance back then) and then we'd lend out/borrow all the books we didn't have between ourselves so that we could read as many as possible (not a small feat, what with new titles coming out every two-to-three months or so). While
Talina at Sassy & Dangerous
Aug 19, 2014 Talina at Sassy & Dangerous rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and everyone
Recommended to Talina at Sassy & Dangerous by: No one
Shelves: favorites
Also reviewed at my blog! http://sassyanddangerous.blogspot.mx

You could get burned...

The perfect suntan. Soaking up the rays. Fun on the beach. That's what Claudia Walker had in mind when she accepted her friend Marla's invitation to spend the weekend at her cliffside beach house. Little did she know that horrible accidents—fatal accidents— would occur on the beach and in the house.

But Claudia knows they're not "accidents". She's sure somebody is out to get them...out to kill them. The week of "
Trevor Wells
I've finished reading this, and I thought it was pretty good. It's not as good as some of the other Fear Street books I've read, but it was a good read and you should check it out if you're a Fear Street fan and haven't read it yet. Although, I can't say it's a book I'd want to read more than once.

Plot Synopsis: Claudia Walker isn't having the best summer. So when her old friend from camp, Marla Drexell, invites her to a camp reunion at her cliffside beach house, she eagerly accepts. Her two ot
J.N.
Oct 28, 2011 J.N. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Plot:

The plot came across as a kinda campy 80s movie, but I really like that sort of thing so it was entertaining. It was a bit predictable in who the killer actually was but the "scares" weren't. Though there's one really strange part involving a dog and a shark that was kind of hard to wrap my head around. Still, it was an interesting revenge plot and fun summery campy horror story despite the gaping plot holes (one in particular involving Marla really bothers me).

Setting:

The house the majorit
Shannon
May 24, 2011 Shannon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, 2013
I really don’t have much to say about this book. Anyone who knows me can tell that I’m obsessed with Fear Street books, but this wasn’t that good at all. Mostly, it was just okay. The plot was kind of boring. There weren’t really any moments where I was scared or creeped out. There was one scene involving an Irish wolfhound and a shark. I felt like it was supposed to be super suspenseful. However, it wasn’t exciting at all and as pages and pages went by, I kept wishing that this part of the stor ...more
Ger Francus
Oct 23, 2010 Ger Francus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jared  Deocareza
I loved this book! Because it reminds me of Pretty Little Liars!

[IMG]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j...

I mean, 4 girls?.. then 1 dead girl who's name is Alison?.. Who end up being called as a Dead Girl Walking. How cool is that?

The story takes place where this girl named Claudia who was invited by Marla to come in to her private resort together with their other 2 girlfriends. The four of them were separated due to the accident that happened, wherein they say that Alison had died. Which is
Jinbin
May 18, 2008 Jinbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: peoplewho like mystery or scary
Shelves: advisory-books
Again, the book Sunburn is written by my favorite author, R.L.Stine. It is about 3 girls, Claudia, Joy and Sophie, being invited to their best friend, Marla's beach house. This is the first time that the 4 girls gathered together since the "accident" -Alison, Marla's sister's death- last summer. Horrible accidents start to occur to the girls, except for Marla, and Claudia figure that they are not "accidents". She felt like there is someone out there planning to kill them for the Alison's acciden ...more
SaturNalia
Four camp friends reunite at Marla's posh mansion for summer vacation, but their reunion s plagued with accidents. Claudia is buried in the sand and forgotten on the beach until a mysterious boy rescues her. Sofia is electrocuted by mechanical gate. Joy wakes up with leeches in in her bed. Marla is acting strange. This story didn't know what it wanted to be, a revenge story or a ghost story. These books are short so it should should have stuck to one thing instead of trying to mislead the reader ...more
lukk
Oct 03, 2011 lukk rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-russian
наткнулась на РЛСтайна в процессе разбора полочек. решила вспомнить прекрасное детство, заполненное ужастиками - и к моему удивлению, с первых же страниц поняла, что ПОМНЮ, о чем речь пойдет в этой брошюрке. и даже в чем замут, который по идее неочевиден.
собственно, хорошая разрядка для мозгов, но по мне так крайне бесполезная - эти маленькие рассказики уже не пугают, приятного в них мало, и нет котиков. конечно, любой "Кот, который..." кажется художественным шедевром по сравнению с ними.
обло
Steen
(view spoiler) ...more
Alessandra
R.L Stine is one of my favorite authors of scary young adult/teen books so I had a feeling this was going to be a great read. The story is about 3 girls who get invited to their friend's beach house with a letter that says that she wants a reunion with them. (The reunion is the reunion of "bunk 12" which is their camp bunk group they were in years back. They all used to go to camp together & while they were at camp, a horrible accident happened). As soon as the girls arrive at the beach hous ...more
Jaimie
Sep 24, 2010 Jaimie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, yet another great read from R.L. Stine. What I love about the Fear Street books is that they're short and easy to read, but Mr. Stine always seems to fit so much horror into them.

In Sunburn, three girls, Claudia, Joy and Sophie are invited to their friend Marla's beach house. The girls are happy to see each other since it's been a while since they spent time at camp with each other. But the girls have a dark secret. And bad things start happening to them.

I would have to say that this book i
Melanie
Et oui, étant ado je dévorais les livres de Stine. Fear Street, Goosebumps, tout y est passé. Quoi qu'on en dise, ils étaient divertissant, et mon donné le gout des genres thrillers et horreur, que j'aime toujours autant.

As a teen, I was a sucker for Stine's books. They were thrilling, and help me get into the thriller/mystery/horror genre. This time it's a story of revenge, someone is after a group of girlfriends enjoying a little week-end at the beach. Accidents keep on happening, but of cour
Paul Kim
Jun 28, 2015 Paul Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-l-stine
Ehhh, I feel like the book's average. It does have some suspense moments and the mystery aspect was somewhat engrossing enough for to want to know what's going on but somehow it doesn't wow me though.

Some parts have nothing happening and there were some parts unexplained but isn't enough to hate the book.

The main character's bland but likeable considering she's the only who's aware that something seems fishy.

It's a book worth reading for quick horror and just that as it feels average.
Weathervane
Jan 07, 2015 Weathervane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fear-street
This -- now, reinvigorated my interest in the series, which before I had only read in passing, with mild amusement. Sunburn is fun, atmospheric, and has a truly glorious death towards the end. Better still it's unpredictable -- Stine has built his name on his plot twists, after all -- though perhaps that more due to my ingenuity in the mystery genre than any special prowess on Stine's part.

Stine is just entertaining. Haters will hate, but there's no getting around the fact.
Masuma Khan
This book was fantastic! This book has 146 pages. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I would recommend this book to people who are interested in the genre horror. This book is about 3 girls, Claudia, Joy, and Sophie. They go to their friend Marla's house and strange things seem to be happening. Towards the end of this book there is a huge twist. Who is behind all these incidents happening? Why?
Lautaro Diaz Alegre
7/10

Este libro de horror y suspenso, es mi segundo libro que leo de R.L Stine y debo decir que me gustó ya que tiene una buena historia. Imagínate estar atrapado y corriendo el riesgo de ser asesinado .El plot-twist del final, me lo venía venir, pero lo presentaron de otro modo, algo original. Obviamente, tuvo sus cosas que no me gustaron, pero al final, vale la pena leerlo.
Biondy
Mar 26, 2014 Biondy rated it liked it
Baca novel ini sekitar 2 tahunan yang lalu, tapi gak ngerate waktu itu :v

Ceritanya lumayan seru. Twistnya juga asik. Cukup puas dengan novel ini setelah membacanya.

Bisa didapatkan di Buku Beruang Rp 15.000
Ines
I love Fear Street. I really do. When I discovered these books at the library I didn't stop till I read everything they had. They are perfect scary short read if you just want to be entertained.
Sunburn was the first one I read and it got me hooked on these stories. It's a perfect short summer read ;P.
Tuyet Bui
Feb 14, 2014 Tuyet Bui rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought summer vacations are supposed to be fun? Well, not for the main characters in the story. Someone out there is after time, hurting the people they love. Who would do such things? You'll have to read and find out yourself.
  • Last Act
  • Final Exam
  • Hello, Mallory (The Baby-Sitters Club, #14)
  • The Perfume

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)