Stink and the Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Book #6)

Stink and the Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink #6)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  311 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Stink Moody, family brain, brings home a report card that isn't perfect? Yikes Time for him to get into fighting shape and beat back that U for Unsatisfactory in gym A scan of the sports channel leads to a knock-out find: world-class thumb wrestling, with tricky moves like Snake in the Grass and Santa's Little Helper (no equipment needed, save for a tiny terrifying mask to...more
Published March 8th 2011 by Candlewick Press (MA)

Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next in the series. (not that I'm reading them in order :-)

Report Card Day and Stink is so excited. He just knows his will be full of O's for Outstanding, especially after peeking at it through the light of the school bus window. So he basks in the glow of his parents as they open it up and congratulate him on his good marks but slowly their smiles start to turn around into U's. U?? What is a U doing on Stink's report card? What subject? Phys Ed? Whose Ed? otherwise known as...more
Shelley
I seem to remember reading Judy Moody a LONG time ago, before the dawn of Good Reads, and actually liking the book. I've always recommended the series to my 2nd-4th graade girls, even though most of them already know and enjoy the series. So when Stink books came out, I had no reservations directing the guys (and the girls!) to them after some brief skims. So when I picked up this latest one at the public library to catch up on reading current books for the kids, I was a bit disappointed. It was...more
Alex Wilson
Mostly it was about this boy called stink who saw a comic thing on tv just as he was about to give up on sports and it was called thumb wrestling and he quit that to be a karate person and got the orange belt. In thumb wrestling you had to get your thumb on the other thumb for three seconds.
Shelli
Stink Moody had been so excited to share his report card with his parents. Even though his grades were mostly O's for Outstanding, his happiness faded away after seeing the U. U stands for un-satisfactory. Stink Moody received a U in P.E. What should his parents expect? Stink has little legs making all sports a challenge. Stinks parents feel that he should sign up for an after school sport so he can get practice. After many hours of watching the sports channel, Stink finds his calling in the ext...more
Jaime Leroy
Stink is back in a new adventure. This time Stink has gotten his report card and he did well in all classes except one. Stink fails P.E. and has to find a sport he is good at in order to get his grade up. He decides to take up thumb-wrestling, but soon learns he is better at karate. The cute cartoon-style drawings really help move the story along and I think the story is an endearing one.

This is a great series for elementary school and would be good for really low level middle schoolers, but the...more
Demitra
Can't wait to do this for my Book Bunch book club!
Kim
Cute story. Lots of giggles from the target audience.
Steven R. McEvoy
This is book 16th of the 23 books in this series that I have read. I can honestly say it was my loss that I did not discover them sooner. They are amazing reads and wonderful stories for the family and for the young and young-at-heart.

Read the rest of the review and with links to other reviews by the authors on my blog Book Reviews and More.
beth reiter

v
h
fhj
Cheri Williams
Stink’s P.E. grade stunk and now Mom and Dad are making him take up a sport. And take it up he does—as only Stink can do!

Full of fun characters, laugh-out-loud humor, action, lyrical repetition and rhyme AND graphic novel type illustrations, Megan McDonald has written another chapter book that’s sure to please parents and early readers alike.
Ky
There are many books from the Stink series. Not my favorite books but my 10 and 7 year old boys love when I read them, as well as when my 10 year old reads them on his own. This book is a second grade level, with lots of white space on each page. Stink is told he needs to participate in a sport. What better then thumb wrestling.
Brayton
I liked the karate part because I learned all these cool stances. Stink and his best friend thumb wrestle. His best friend wins a lot of times but at the end, Stink wins. He did a karate move with his thumb.
Kristina
Warning: this book will produce a bad case of the giggles. Your 7 year old boy will be the typical 7 year old boy and the phrase " ballerina butt boy" will continue to produce giggles for days after finishing this book! :)
Nancy Jo Lambert
I love Stink! This is another winner for the Guy Grabs shelf. Extremely entertaining what with the seriously funny trash talk during the thumb wars and the great character resolution Stink gets from being good at karate!
Jacob
I especially liked the chapter entitled "Yellow Belt Yeti," but I did enjoy the entire book. This author is an excellent writer of children's fiction (written at about my age of reading comprehension).
JJ Landis
Read aloud to my three kids. They enjoyed the story and learning about thumb wrestling! What I like about these books is the short chapters and easy language make them great for reading aloud.
Debra
I think this series will be perfect for some of my second graders.
Lora
Typical entry in the series. Nothing that really stands out, but fans of the other Stink books will love this book just as much as the others.
Lisa
I finished this book in about 30 minutes...So it's really short ,didn't like it much as I prefer Adventurous books.
Lynn
My first "stink" book - highly recommended by students. They'll be glad to see this on the "new" shelf in our library!
Rachel
I really enjoyed this book. It is part of the Stink series. It is easy to read and is a fun story.
Laura5
We have been thumb wrestling a lot around here since reading this one.
Jill
We just love the Stink books at my house. I wish there were more!
Annette Murray
Just plain funny Sonoma County stuff. Very clever.
Malika
i like it nice and to it
Erica
April, 2011
PWRL
Mar 22, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
E
O
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Voodoo Vultures from Venus (Ricky Ricotta, #3)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero (Quality))
  • Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Aliens for Breakfast
  • Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) (Junie B. Jones, #28)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • EllRay Jakes Is Not a Chicken
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • Flat Broke: The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Greed
  • The Trouble With Chickens (J.J. Tully Mystery #1)
  • The Fenway Foul-Up (Ballpark Mysteries, #1)
  • Two Times the Fun
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an...more
More about Megan McDonald...
Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1) Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2) Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1) Judy Moody Saves The World! (Judy Moody, #3) Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)