Thinner Thighs In Thirty Years

Thinner Thighs In Thirty Years

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  7 reviews
After twenty years of the American Dream, this AADD afflicted heroine is suddenly alone, left to review where she went wrong. She has mastered her dread of expressway driving but can't sleep without the radio. She despairs that she cooked seven thousand evening meals but sometimes, she misses that awful deadening life. She thinks aerobics and weight training might be the a...more
Published April 21st 2011 (first published April 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Thinner Thighs In Thirty Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thinner Thighs In Thirty Years

Diane Kidman
I first heard about Thinner Thighs in a short Wired Magazine article. I was intrigued by the notion that someone could write a short story and self-publish it as a Kindle Single. Baehr is an excellent example of why we shouldn't ignore the short story. Beautifully written, Baehr's work has a unique voice that's both humorous and compact. I'll definitely be looking for more from her.
Margaret
Mar 26, 2012 Margaret rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: NO ONE!!
One of the dumbest books I've ever read. Thank goodness it was short!!
Amy
Mar 02, 2012 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
This short was really enjoyable. It was like chatting with a good friend and went by quickly. Thinner Thighs in Thirty Years was written very well and moved along smoothly. Made me want to read more by this author. It was the ramblings of a just getting divorced mother of three. How her day went and what was going through her mind in different situations. I would recommend thios one for anyone wanting a read of something comfortable and relaxing.
Trixie Fontaine
I read this in two breakfasts; really liked it during my first breakfast, then felt "blah" about it during the finishing breakfast.

It has a very spoken-word feel, was funny and pretty tight. Technically worth four stars, but personally a three for me. I liked it enough that I want to try something else by this author and learn more about her.
Lisa
Just a tiny book that was easy to read on the kindle app on my phone. Funny in parts; I think if have enjoyed it more as audio book.
Dona
Connie's writing is comedic, well-paced and touches a nerve or three. Read her books for the real thing!
Donna Gaffke
Enjoyed this. Had some funny moments.
Terri Delcampo
Terri Delcampo marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Christy Shorkey
Christy Shorkey marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Frenchpolkadot
Frenchpolkadot marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Scott Czapienski
Scott Czapienski marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Dawn
Dawn added it
Jan 05, 2014
Daughters Best Friends Nothing To Lose One Hundred Open Houses daughters a historical family saga